Yuck, what's going on with my attys??

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanagan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Texas
My trusty attys - two regular resistance 510's attys from myfreedomsmokes that I've used on and off for a month taste terrible - that burnt, nasty taste, so I cleaned and dry-burned one and it was great. About two days later, it's total crap again. :(

So I rotated in a brand new lr joye and almost immediately got the same burnt taste.

I use a combo of BWB juices which've never caused a problem before and I'm wondering if it's my eGo maybe starting to die on me and running funny?

Any ideas?

pkj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Paula in Arizona
Reasons that I can think of for burnt tasting atty's:

They are dry
The wick has burned
The battery is low

But I'm sure you know all of this. Based on the number of your posts here on the forum, this is not your first rodeo.

How old is your battery?
Have you put it on a meter to see what it is reading?

Paula

shanagan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Texas
It would seem strange to have burnt them all out w/out some equipment failure, is what I'm thinking. So maybe the battery (well, two batteries that I switch out) - but no meter test... I think my husband has a meter, I'll see if he can brave the shed for me sometime after it thaws a bit!

Both batts are about 5 & 6 months old, so maybe they're running their course - I have noticed they die faster than they used to, despite keeping them charged most of the time (they're both the usb ego batts).

pkj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Paula in Arizona
LOL - I know it! There are WAAAAYYYYY toooooo many great places here at ECF to spend our money. Don't ya' know we need at least 2 of everything ?? LOL

I just received the eGo tank system. I am breaking it in and plan to use it when I'm driving.

Otherwise I am a dripper.

I don't know who you use for equipment, but Liberty Flights (a supplier here on the forum) has genuine eGo kits for $40. Their shipping is just $2.99 for your total order. I use them and have been very happy with the products and service.

Let me know if I can help you. I love to help people spend money - :)

Paula

shanagan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Texas
I'm a dripper too, and enjoy cycling through flavors, so I'm leaning heavily towards a plain old eGo again. LF was definitely on my list of places to check out!

Ack. More shopping has ensued since I typed that. I am going to replace my trusty USB eGo with a bigger version from Cignot, then I'm over at cloudsofvapor loading up on clearomizers, ego tanks and tank attys, plus some of their organic juice (if ejoker likes their COV4 I'm sure my husband will)... I guess I'm feeling the need to spend some money after all and dip my toe into the changes sweeping over eGo-land.

Magnetron

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
My trusty attys - two regular resistance 510's attys from myfreedomsmokes that I've used on and off for a month taste terrible - that burnt, nasty taste, so I cleaned and dry-burned one and it was great. About two days later, it's total crap again. :(

So I rotated in a brand new lr joye and almost immediately got the same burnt taste.

I use a combo of BWB juices which've never caused a problem before and I'm wondering if it's my eGo maybe starting to die on me and running funny?

Any ideas?

Here is a little article that you might find useful regarding this common question..Cleaning an Atomizer the Untold Truth

Magnetron

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
what else should we expect from a supplier than the suggestion to buy new atomizers every 2-3 weeks.

i doubt that you poster that link just to be helpful, did you?

Yes I actually did :) before i am a supplier I'm a vaper first. I was trying to express my trials and trouble with my own experience trying all the different cleaning techniques that pretty much failed in the end (for me) I took the time to write the article, and it is only my opinion.. yes the blog is swayed toward my company but I still kept the the truth in my experience, and I think the information in the article is relevant to the post.. I do my best to do my advertising in the supplier forum, and was honestly just trying to share my article with the thread starter..
Regards,

Michael

bassthumper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2010
TN
:)
Too bad I have three Bulli A2 repairable atomizers and nearly a drawer full of nichrome and several feet of wick! ha ha
I vow to NEVER BUY AN ATTY AGAIN. Why buy new atomizers when all that goes bad is a TEENY piece of wire?

The A2 is the size of a 510 atomizer. The ATO-MISER from Nhaler is cool too, but it's the size of a quarter!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread