The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

ZAP or ZAU for my provari???

Discussion in 'ProVari' started by GratefulVaper, Nov 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. GratefulVaper

GratefulVaper Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 18, 2013
    L.A. Ca
    I like the idea of using it on more than one mod BUT is the ZAP performance better than a ZAU on the 510 w/ a loki ring or hippo??

2. darkgear

darkgear Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Air holes are on top instead of at the base so no use for a hippo. They should perform the same otherwise.
    [​IMG]

3. GratefulVaper

Aug 18, 2013
    L.A. Ca
    Is there ANY benefit to the ZAP?? Less voltage drop or anything??

4. darkgear

darkgear Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I think the only difference between the ZAP, ZAU, ZAG is the connection, or integrated ring at the bottom.

5. Kn0ttYFive

Kn0ttYFive Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 27, 2013
    Releaser of the KRAKEN
    Sounds like you looking for a uniform look on your ProVari with a universal Z atty. The ZAP & ZAU are the same device less the "Skirt" on the ZAP. You have the right idea going with a universal setup. My personal experience and opinion, is the ZAU w/pro-ring has a cleaner look on ProVari; ZAU will also go with just about any finish of a mod that has the 510 connection. (colored, brass, ss, black ...)

6. GratefulVaper

Aug 18, 2013
    L.A. Ca
    Yes H2o. The uniform look is important as is being compatible with my vamo and mechs... BUT MOST important is the performance. I am hearing no significant difference between the two. .. so it sounds like Z atty U !!!

7. woodardjd

woodardjd Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 31, 2013
    Midwest City, OK
    The ZAP and the ZAU are exactly the same atty with the exception of the cone ring on the ZAP. Performance will be identical. If you're looking to use it on multiple devices, go with the ZAU. You can get a cone from many manufacturers. Tatroe, Loki Labs, Kir Fannis, Svoe Mesto and Trev Vapor all have nice offerings. Yhe hippo would be overkill and over priced since you don't need AFC.

8. GratefulVaper

Aug 18, 2013
    L.A. Ca
    Thank you. THAT'S what I needed to know...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.