Status
Not open for further replies.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Ive had my amod wotofo zna 30 clone now for about a month, and absolutely no issues. My one little thing is that mine does say mdoe , instead of mode. haha.BUT, its not like it affects performance. i use red efest v2's in it. have 2 of them. sometimes a battery will last a whole day with me vaping 20-30 hits per hour. overall, i love this thing so much more than my old mechanical. :D

Liking mine too. Don't care about the MDOE thing also. Just wish it had the ability to go to stealth mode quicker and easier.

wasteyrself

Nov 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
I've been waiting for the Robbot ZNA 50 to go live since I heard about it, but now that it's here I sort of don't want to be the potential bug tester / QA person for the release. Is there any more info on the chips they decided to go with in-house? I'm also flip flopping on the idea of buying the clone vs. picking up the authentic product, even though I probably wouldn't see any difference in the build quality, it's all just a mental thing I imagine.

msgnyc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
United States
FC has the 50in stock, but still waiting for my 30. Its been in a restocking que since last Friday... :-(

I may contact them and have them bump me to the 50 if its going to be much longer. I don't care about the chip set itself honestly. I've Evolve dna 40s ready to be transplanted into it and the zero mod when I get around to ordering that aswell.

Dunno ... my brother did with my microsmoke clone, but now its screen is dead. Still works, just have to set watts by getting it to max/min first then clicking up/down to the desired setting. XD. I'll prob piff tc it once the Robbot comes in. I'm sure someone would like to throw a new board into it.

wasteyrself

Nov 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
I may contact them and have them bump me to the 50 if its going to be much longer. I don't care about the chip set itself honestly. I've Evolve DNA 40s ready to be transplanted into it and the zero mod when I get around to ordering that aswell.
Can you give any insight as to how this process will go? I don't have any of the ZNA clones on hand but I was considering trying to mod a DNA 40 chip into there as well, I'm curious how to disassemble the ZNA clones so I can easily replace the board.

Pclarity

Verified Member
Nov 2, 2014
Fairfax County VA
I just got the Wotofo ZNA30 mod today. So far, I've seen some odd quirks:
It doesn't always respond to voltage up/down press
It takes a long time to actually start firing up ( not my build as my eleaf has no issues with any of the build tanks I've tried and the lag is consistent across the same builds/tanks and same voltage on the ZNA)
I had to fiddle with the spring to get it to fire with an EFest 18490

Nothing that is a deal breaker, but all of those left me slightly disappointed and also glad I bought the iStick on impulse this past weekend.

Other than that, it's pretty neat. I'll be working on finding my sweet spot with it for my staple of juices and spending some time with those once I find it before I give it a total yay or nay. At the moment, iStick is winning and my MVP2 and mechs are looking to get either relegated officially to backup ( mvp2 ) or packed away in case of zombie apocalypse ( mechs ). ;-)

I'm also toying with the idea of switching out the chip for an updated yihi. Staying away from DNA for now. Not looking for more power than the 20 - 30w I already have.

Pclarity

Verified Member
Nov 2, 2014
Fairfax County VA
So I've grown to mostly love the Wotofo. At the same time I want to put a better chip in it and get another to have a spare body. Trouble is I can't decide between white or black. I'm wondering if I can fit the yihi sx350 chip in there. Mainly for the reverse protection. If I could find the black with both tubes I'd be set.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
So I've grown to mostly love the Wotofo. At the same time I want to put a better chip in it and get another to have a spare body. Trouble is I can't decide between white or black. I'm wondering if I can fit the yihi sx350 chip in there. Mainly for the reverse protection. If I could find the black with both tubes I'd be set.

If and when mine goes bad, I will put a better chip in. I already have a spare black no-name ZNA that died on me. I have that one taken apart ready for a new chip. For now I use both black tubes on my A-Mod one.

nelsonm64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Kelowna, B.C.
I just do the double click on the Wotofo to avoid the lag. Mine has been flawless and accurate, so I'm not worried about the board replacement yet. When it dies, I'll do a DNA 30 or 40 (or whatever board is out then).

my wotofo has been great too :) a few screw ups on the aluminum machining but, other than that it's been solid! just wish it would fire out of sleep mode like my rDNA :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread