Status
Not open for further replies.

tierrataz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
soCal
I received my AYS(Are You Stupid) a week ago. It is a mini (18350) with a 5ml tank. The week was a long one as we didn't play well together at first. It comes with wick and 5/4 coil installed by Zen.

I had problems breaking it in. Harsh hits & serious flavor muting though vapor production was extremely good. Zen tells you "just vape it! ". After 2 days I was really thinking I was stupid for buying into the hype. :blink: I kept grabbing my other genis to get flavor. So I ripped out the wick & coil to find the Teflon isolator had started to melt into the wick. After just 3 days? I had some nylon shoulder washers for another pv and installed those with my own mesh wick & coil. Within an hour the flavor was starting to come through. After several days with this set up, the flavor is well below par of my Eastern European genesis hybrids.

Build quality 8/10
machining is nice, threads are good, magnetic button function is finicky, fused quartz tank is very fragile, positive terminal screw is soft metal (supplied Allen wrench was not a good fit) head is easy to strip, cap is not threaded, just held on with pressure from o ring.

Function 5/10
Magnetic button misfires, magnets are prone to fracture, vapor is astounding, TH is very good, flavor is poor in comparison to other genesis. The air chamber is large and IMO mixes too much air, resulting in flavor loss.

Bottom line:
If you like copious vapor and strong TH over flavor, you will probably like this APV.

If you are a flavor junkie as I am, you will probably be disappointed. There are better options with a lower price tag.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
Taz is no fanboi. :toast: I never did a review cause my misfires where out of control and it was only my APV of about a week if that. I have to say your review was right on with my exp except I didn't melt anything. Sanded and cursed a lot though. It only passed the throw across the room test cause it cost so much. If I ever get another Provari its staying here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread