zenith stick holes in coil better taste!?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

William The 1e

Oct 11, 2018
Hi, i use the Zenith for 6 months now.. and it has a great taste and the experience has become even better. I poke some holes with a tiny needle in cotton into the side openings of the 1.6ohm coil yesterday.

I noticed a more natural airflow & better taste and experience.
New coils have a very very tight draw with 2 airholes open, when they get older/more used, the draw gets looser.

When you poke lets say 4 time in each hole carefully true the thick cotton up to the wire, its more loose from the start, but with great advantages. The cotton is packed very tight within the coil, moore liquids getting in easier by poking..

The restricted lung inhale with 5 airholes open is also much better and feels also more natural with more clouds. Althought i like the 2 airholes better. i havent tried it on the .8 ohm yet, but i think on 5 airholes its gets a very good (restrickted) Direct Lung hit with the poking..

Who also noticed this?/ Whats your experience with this?

Im very curious about your opinion..For now i say the vape is even 30% better then before. And it was not bad before. (Be careful not poke too hard and damage the wire)

Maybe my coil last longer also, but thats not the main purose. (i will let you know)

Let me know your thoughts ;)

Last edited:

Innokin_Joseph

Brand Rep
Jul 9, 2015
Hey William the 1e,

As you're very well aware, the tightness of the wicking material in a coil can indeed hamper it's ability to wick up with juice. Generally, as a coil is broken in, that issue alleviates itself from the degradation of the material. However, poking small holes with a needle or toothpick can accelerate this effect. It's a common go-to troubleshooting method to improve wicking and dry hit issues when other solutions aren't helping.

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience and feedback. It's important to be very careful with this method of wicking improvement as if you poke too deep or too big of a hole into your coil you run the risk of either damaging the coil wire and/or flooding your coil. Continue at your own risk :)

Reactions: stols001

William The 1e

Oct 11, 2018
A strange thing is, that the first 20 (1.6ohm) coils i used had this tight (a littlebit un-natural) draw. And when i put the mod at more then 11 watt it lost some flavours..especially the dark tones.

The 21th coil, i poked and the result was a perfect draw and the taste remains great at 13 watt.. and i got 500 more draws out of it.

Now the strange thing is the 22th coil i use for a week now, i didnt poked, but it has also a great natural draw and taste just like the one before i poked.

The only thing i changed is that i primed not only the 4 side holes, but also i dripped in the top. And i started at 11 watt and not at 9watt (and then build up to 11watt), like i did before..
i dont know if this has to do with it or if it is just the amount and wicking of the cotton in the 1e 20 coils...Does not sound logical?!?

At this point i would say only poke 4 holes when neccesary.

Since today i slow downed the speed of my draws some more and i got even more taste i noticed, but i was wondering does it still cool down the coils enough with this adviced technique. Sites on the internet advice for mtl: slow steady draws.
What does kill a coil faster on a mtl with 2 air holes at 13 watt, a heavy draw or a slow one?

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread