Retails for
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
So yeah, finally got mine today from the contest. Absolutely love the form factor, weight, design. Expected it to be more "plasticky," but it seems really well made. Finish is like a metal flake automotive paint. Really nice.
upload_2018-11-7_20-21-38.png

I usually do tobacco NET, but switch out with unflavored occasionally to reset my taste buds. I'm in that phase now, so I filled it with my all VG 14mg nic, and let it sit 20-30 min. I know, all VG is a real test for a pod, but I only hit mine 150-200 times a day, no real chain vaping, so I'm hoping it'll keep up okay with the rest I give it between hits.

I'm a throat-hit junkie, and it's not really giving me much of one yet. Pretty solid vape, surprising cloud volume, flavor (I know, but flavorless does have a flavor) is decent. I'm hoping it'll give me more of TH after break-in. We'll see, but I've definitely had worse vapes than this, out of bigger, more expensive packages. Pretty surprising. I've been used to a slow draw on a SJMY doggy wide open, plenty of air- if I try to go slow on this, draw activated fire stops, so that doesn't really work. I have to draw a little quicker than I'd like. I'm kind of wishing it had a fire button, or more sensitive draw activator.

It won't be completely replacing a doggy on DNA 75 completely anytime soon, I'm guessing (but still hoping). Would love to be carrying around something the size of a key fob instead of a small brick in my pocket! If, after break-in, TH comes around, it'll definitely be a quick-trip fill-in for me. Overall, so far I'd say it's a pretty good device. I'm going to try using a little DW, because I'm thinking maybe with VG, the TC is limiting the hit I could be getting. It may end up not being for me, but I'm pretty picky, with a little bit of an unusual vaping style.

Reactions: Izan

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
I've been using this device for about 2 months which was a silver one I bought. I also have one which I won; they sent a green one which I kind of like. Thought since they were so nice to send one, it would be nice if I gave my thoughts on the device.

I really like the build quality of this thing. It is real solid and say that as someone who dropped theirs a few times. Barely a scratch. I also like the button as it is easy to push to change the power (although I use full power almost all the time).

I really like the battery life from this thing. That was one of my concerns when I first got it. I use multiple devices throughout the day but it seems to last a while. Plus, the thing charges up real quick so the battery life never seems to be an issue with these.

As for juice and flavor. I have used 50/50 to 70/30% vg/pg blends (all at 18mg) in this thing. It seems that with the 70/30 juice, I do not get much spit back but with the 50/50 liquids, I get some spit back if chain vaping. I also use tobacco blends in these and the flavor is not bad, a little muted, but not bad.

Really like the form factor of this thing. I hold it like a cigar between the pointer and middle finger and draw it like I would a cigar. I also like the way it feels between the fingers. Sometimes it I just hold it or twirl it while working at my computer while analyzing data and it helps me think. kind of the way I used to do with lighters back when I smoked, I'd twirl it around my fingers which for some reason, helps me think. This is one of my biggest likes of the device, it just feels right in the hand.

The pods are nice and I get about 13 fills before having to change. I just changed one on my original device which was at 14 fills and was starting to taste nasty. The biggest grip about the device is the pods though. I like the fill port as it is a nice thought however, due to not having anyway to vent the air out of a pod, air pockets get into the pods. When that happens, I get so much juice that spits out of the fill hole while trying to refill a pod. Makes for a messy fill at times.

This device has made it into my regular rotation of pods which I use throughout the day. It gets as much use as my Orions, Breeze 2, and Mansion AIO. It gets more use than the Nautilus AIO, EQ, and Iwu's. I know, that is a hell of a lot of pods (I have retired many for various reasons as well, shinyitis took over in pod form with me). However, I used to have about 8 mods which I used during the day, now they are pods which saves on space; much less clutter lying around. Plus, don't have to keep bottles of eliquid lying around as I fill in the morning (if needed) and the bottles go back in the cabinet. I have one mod I still use which is a Pico Squeeze 2 which I use when I vape NET's. All my other mods have been put away in my vape cabinet for the time being.

All and all, Reonva/Vaporesso did a nice job on this device. I give it a thumbs up and I would like to say thank you to them for the device I won. That was much appreciated.

Vaporesso_Milo

Brand Manager
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2016
So yeah, finally got mine today from the contest. Absolutely love the form factor, weight, design. Expected it to be more "plasticky," but it seems really well made. Finish is like a metal flake automotive paint. Really nice.
View attachment 778681
I usually do tobacco NET, but switch out with unflavored occasionally to reset my taste buds. I'm in that phase now, so I filled it with my all VG 14mg nic, and let it sit 20-30 min. I know, all VG is a real test for a pod, but I only hit mine 150-200 times a day, no real chain vaping, so I'm hoping it'll keep up okay with the rest I give it between hits.

I'm a throat-hit junkie, and it's not really giving me much of one yet. Pretty solid vape, surprising cloud volume, flavor (I know, but flavorless does have a flavor) is decent. I'm hoping it'll give me more of TH after break-in. We'll see, but I've definitely had worse vapes than this, out of bigger, more expensive packages. Pretty surprising. I've been used to a slow draw on a SJMY doggy wide open, plenty of air- if I try to go slow on this, draw activated fire stops, so that doesn't really work. I have to draw a little quicker than I'd like. I'm kind of wishing it had a fire button, or more sensitive draw activator.

It won't be completely replacing a doggy on DNA 75 completely anytime soon, I'm guessing (but still hoping). Would love to be carrying around something the size of a key fob instead of a small brick in my pocket! If, after break-in, TH comes around, it'll definitely be a quick-trip fill-in for me. Overall, so far I'd say it's a pretty good device. I'm going to try using a little DW, because I'm thinking maybe with VG, the TC is limiting the hit I could be getting. It may end up not being for me, but I'm pretty picky, with a little bit of an unusual vaping style.
So glad that you received it! Hope you enjoy vaping with the Zero kit!

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Day 3 for the tank full for me. I switched to medium two days ago. (Still at about 50%)

It was still lighting green at bedtime and recharge took about 4 minutes.
(I charge it at bedtime each evening.)

Edit:
I thought about the throat hit comment and started doing a side by side with a Zenith clad Kroma. Similar juice.
It dawned on me that there is a lack of throat hit sensation that at first I did not recognize as such. It's almost like for MTL the throat hit means you got a good drag and no throat hit means you did not.

So, yeah for a day or two I did know there was something different about the drag from a Zero, yet I was exhaling plenty of steam. Yet it was so smooth I did not put my finger on it until reading a post above.

I never consider it lacking as a trust began to emerge that there would be a satisfying drag each and every time. But I can certainly see where users would think "hmmmm, if only".
But after a week, to be honest I prefer the smooth draw enough to not miss the throat hit my other devices provide. That's just me.

I loaded a pod with a 50/50 Prelude by Black Note. In my Penguin I really liked that genuine tobacco flavor. Perhaps I'm too used to 60/40,70/30, 80/20 vg/pg sauces... but I did not like the 50/50. Too much throat hit.
End edit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Foggy Road

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Day 13. I've decided this pod is done. Been vaping it exclusively since the day I got it. Flavor it's gone and throat hit is up.
As I have no more pods with me I'm moving on to my other new toy that arrived same day as the zero. Right now it's throwing much more flavor with the same juice as the zero.
Innokin VV3 batt w/original Eleaf GS Air tank.
IMG_20181108_192134.jpg

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Well, this is bumming me out. This device is hit past the warning track, but snagged at the top of the wall (almost a home run).

But I can't get thoat hit out of it. I really feel like I could, if only it had a fire button, or a much more sensitive draw activator. As it is, I have to pull sharply and continue to draw at a high pace to keep it firing. This means I get too much air to get a really solid vape. I currently use the SJMY Doggystyle, wide open. This allows me to draw very slowly, allowing the vapor to build greater density on a 5 second draw. I just don't understand why they designed it so you have to pull so hard to get it activated.

I may have to try mixing some higher nic to get better TH. I really like this device - perfect size, super ergonomic, so convenient. Great that you get 3 power choices. 650mAh is plenty for something like this. If I could improve TH, I'd stick a couple of these in my pocket and be good all day+. My son, who's been on Juul for several months, thinks this is fantastic, and hoping it fails for me so I'll give it to him.

Reactions: United States

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Hey @Brewdawg1181 I had the EXACT same prob! Nearly trashed mine after a few puffs until I figgered out a simple hack for the airflow. Did you miss it? 4th post on first page of this thread.
Yeah, I saw it, but it confused me. :confused: Couldn't see the images- just saw text with (IMG) between paragraphs. And you say it cut airflow in half, but I'm looking for more airflow.

Tell me again what you mean - if your hack allows me enough airflow, without acting like a h00ker trying to s*ck the chrome off a bumper, I'm all in! (sincere apologies to our more sensitive viewers).

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
As it is, I have to pull sharply and continue to draw at a high pace to keep it firing. This means I get too much air to get a really solid vape

Ok now I'm cornfused. This made me think the AF was too wide open for you as it was for me. I just stuffed a little piece of paper towel inside between the pod and the battery on one of the narrow sides.
You could try just putting a piece of tape around one side to get the same effect. Just as test.

So you like open air but a slow easy puff? I like the slow puff but like to have the resistance of tight airflow, tho I don't pull against the tight airflow, just take what it gives. If that makes sense?

Reactions: Brewdawg1181

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
On day one I was all over this thing smooth-wise, but it was certainly different than full sized devices. I just kept puffing on it hoping it would "come around" and act like my full sized gear. "If it would only do X a little better".

By day 2 I was hoping my full sized gear would come around and act like the Zero. If only my full sized gear could be so dang smooth. I noticed by the end of the day my full sized gear sat idle. Mrs. States did too and she's a direct to lung'r.

It took a bit of me adapting to the Zero. I suppose it aint for everybody.
Tomorrow I'm going to buy a silver Zero.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Day, um, uh... Oh I'll guess 12. It's all a blur anymore.

Anyway, today I wanted to try something different. A different flavor. I have a couple of pods filled with sauce set aside. I had been rotating but decided to stick with a blueberry/apricot for a while. I've stuck with medium setting the last few days.

Today I wanted to go back to a sour apple/strawberry/nectorine. The pods were stored in the blister pack and box they arrived in. They were wet. No biggy but there was a wee bit of slirp at first. Now I'm supposing it was from storing them horizontally and juice seeping into the chimney. So from now on I'll make it a point to store them chimney up and see if it's wicking action like an oil lamp drawing the juice into the chimney or if it was from storing them horizontally.

Last night I retried the pod I had stored with Black Note Prelude (a VA tobacco) and it just didn't seem to have any flavor at all. In a Penguin (w/ a 0.6 coil pack) it tastes just like my favorite brand of cigarette. It's only about half full so I'll top it off with a strawberry and finish vaping it.

Mrs. States usually goes through 2 batteries a week with her Armour Pro. I charge up 2 batteries for her every Sunday. This week battery 1 still shows full.

Last edited:

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Ok now I'm cornfused. This made me think the AF was too wide open for you as it was for me. I just stuffed a little piece of paper towel inside between the pod and the battery on one of the narrow sides.
You could try just putting a piece of tape around one side to get the same effect. Just as test.

So you like open air but a slow easy puff? I like the slow puff but like to have the resistance of tight airflow, tho I don't pull against the tight airflow, just take what it gives. If that makes sense?
After posting last night, I figured you could only mean that you were covering one of the intakes, regardless of how you were doing it. So yeah, I just put a piece of tape over one side. That seemed to improve it at first, so I didn't have to pull as hard. But then after a few hits, it started acting weird - even though I kept an even pace on the draw, it was firing intermittently. 1/2 second on, 1/2 second off, through a 5-6 second draw. Maddening.

But yeah, you have it right: I like the airflow open, but take a slow easy draw. This allows it to fill my mouth with more vapor & less air, so I get a more concentrated hit. I've found that this improves my TH over pulling quickly, which creates more turbulence with more air. It's kind of like smoking an unfiltered vs. one of those filters with the tiny holes in the paper (True, Vantage, Merit, etc.). Even Marlboro lights have those little holes in the paper at the filter, and if you put tape over them, you get a much more direct, concentrated draw.

I just can't figure why they want you to pull so hard on this thing to activate it.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Yep, on high. Thought I'd try a piece of paper towel, to restrict, rather than completely close the intake. Worked pretty well on one side. So I tried both sides. Got 2-3 really nice hits, and thought this would be doable. But apparently, the system needs that airflow - now it tastes like plastic. Not like a normal burnt dry hit, but just plasticky. Hoping that it'll recover, but I might have to toss the pod.

Played with it a little more, and realized those 2 slots on the sides of the pod aren't inlets - just assembly tabs. The hole in the center of the bottom is where the air comes in. But it relies on the gap all the way around between the pod & body to allow air to get in there. So anything blocking part of that perimeter will limit air to the central hole somewhat. So if you wrap tape or something around the pod it'll limit airflow, but you can really control it at the center hole.

I tried tearing a small piece of paper towel and putting it between the contacts where the intake will be. This works fantastic for allowing a slower draw. It does restrict the airflow, but at least I can go slow, and get a fuller, more dense hit without pulling so hard.
upload_2018-11-10_12-50-46.png

But it still tastes like crap. I'll let it sit, and see if it recovers. I can't figure out how, with TC, just restricting the AF caused the plastic taste, though. Now that I've figured how to hack a slow draw, I might have to try at least one more pod to see if this is serviceable. And even though I don't chain vape, I should probably mix some DW in my all VG juice, to help it flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread