Retails for
Status
Not open for further replies.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Refilled the original pod on my silver one for the upmteenth time. It's one that I began using in early November. Well it started out kinda weak. It seems I needed to do a better job cleaning the fill port where some had spilled because the contacts were wet.

After that "thewwwwwww", "ahhhhh", things went back to normal. On the wife's she still has the original pod from October.

My brother texted me saying he was interested in a mini X or Y and asked what devices do I use lately. I said "Zeros".
Only Zeros.

Reactions: Foggy Road

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Not done with Vapresso.

Santa came early:
IMG-20181221-162007.jpg

A Zero case prototype and some spare tanks. Woohoo!!!

It's a leatherette covering that your Zero fits into. It has a slot at the top you can use to cover the tip or fold it back and smoke your Zero in the case.
Yup, they put a port in the bottom so it breathes just dandy. But wait, there's more. It also allows the user to see the battery status too.

Also included is a key ring at the top and a (foggy road feature) neck lanyard for hands free carry.
Nice.

IMG-20181221-162122.jpg

tank covered.

IMG-20181221-162048.jpg

Uncovered

I really liked the applied lettering.
IMG-20181221-161928.jpg

Nice touch Renova

Here it is in use
IMG-20181221-170454.jpg

Get off my lawn kid

Now for those who wonder does the Zero breath through the charger port?
No

IMG-20181221-170740.jpg

Arrows show how it breaths.

Apparently Renova will be selling Zero cases in the future. I'm figuring I'll look kinda silly walking around with 3 Zero's around my neck so one will ride in my shirt pocket in a case and the other attached to my car keys. Third device will stay in the car as a backup to my backup.

Thank you Chelsea.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Not done with Vapresso.

Santa came early:
IMG-20181221-162007.jpg

A Zero case prototype and some spare tanks. Woohoo!!!

It's a leatherette covering that your Zero fits into. It has a slot at the top you can use to cover the tip or fold it back and smoke your Zero in the case.
Yup, they put a port in the bottom so it breathes just dandy. But wait, there's more. It also allows the user to see the battery status too.

Also included is a key ring at the top and a (foggy road feature) neck lanyard for hands free carry.
Nice.

IMG-20181221-162122.jpg

Tank covered.

IMG-20181221-162048.jpg

Uncovered

I really liked the applied lettering.
IMG-20181221-161928.jpg

Nice touch Renova

Here it is in use
IMG-20181221-170454.jpg

Get off my lawn kid

Now for those who wonder does the Zero breath through the charger port?
No

IMG-20181221-170740.jpg

Arrows show how it breaths.

Apparently Renova will be selling Zero cases in the future. I'm figuring I'll look kinda silly walking around with 3 Zero's around my neck so one will ride in my shirt pocket in a case and the other attached to my car keys. Third device will stay in the car as a backup to my backup.

Thank you Chelsea.
How cool is that? I got extra tanks and a t-shirt. Mrs Foggy sent me this pic. Should be home sometime Sunday to check them out.
IMG_20181213_215936.jpg

Good things can happen all around when a manufacturer actually pays attention to input on thier thread.:banana:
Thanks again Renova, Chelsea and Melissa.

EDIT: oh and Mr US..... stick with your Avatar! :lol:

Reactions: Vicman

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Very, very cool!! Agreed about them being responsive.
I too had to look at a photo by Mrs. States until today. I bet a fellow at a vape shop that the case was more than just a carry device but that one could use the Zero while it is inside. I bet him a rainbow Zero. Can't wait to get my 'free' Zero from him after the holidays.

That t-shirt is awesome.

IMG-20181221-195603.jpg

The case in kickstand mode.

I'll stick with the minions avatar. lol

Edit:
IMG-20181221-201543.jpg

All tucked in for beddy-bye.
End edit

Last edited:

Vaporesso_Milo

Brand Manager
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2016
How cool is that? I got extra tanks and a t-shirt. Mrs Foggy sent me this pic. Should be home sometime Sunday to check them out. View attachment 787525
Good things can happen all around when a manufacturer actually pays attention to input on thier thread.:banana:
Thanks again Renova, Chelsea and Melissa.

EDIT: oh and Mr US..... stick with your Avatar! :lol:
Hope the size would fit on you perfectly!

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
So.....

It's been a couple of months since acquiring a Zero. Two actually. In that time I also picked up some spare tanks for different flavors. It didn't take long to figure out my favorite flavors. I ended up with some leftover loaded tanks. What to do with them?

Stress test 'em for leaks. What got me interested in pods was I could not find a leak proof tank. Barametric pressure changes, changes in temperature or just plain luck caused everything I had tried thusfar to leak. Sometimes for no apparent reason.

The Zero's only issues were me leaving leftover steam in the chimney that would slowly condensate and end up at the contact points. A drop here or a drop there. Otherwise, if I cleaned up right after a refill, no leaks at all. I fill them until no more will go in so at times that would get messy.

For stress I stuck two full Zero tanks in my truck and left them in a ziplock. Freezing nights while it sat, warm days while I worked. Humid and dry. At one point they lived below freezing for 72 hours. They were setting horizontal the entire time.

Today I unveiled them. One had a flooded chimney and the other was still tight. Both are being used tonight. (One each in a pair of Zeros.) Both vape nicely. One has a bit of a spit back and sizzles some. The other vapes normal.

• Informative

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
My Zeros have been idle for about a week now. No particular reason other than having won another new kit.

I actually had no intention of even opening the new kit. I was just gonna keep it with me in case I encountered a vaper in distress or someone just thinking about trying vape. But the new thing did have an updated version of one of my favorite old school tanks. Curiosity got the better of me and I decided to give the kit a try. Really liking it. Which led me to dig out all my old pen style gear yet again.

While I'm not particularly fond of the pen style form factor I just seem to keep going back to them. I've always wanted a side-by-side mod. Finally found one that is affordable, attractive AND has yet another updated version of my favorite old tank. Couldn't resist, odered 3 of them!

I want to thank @Vaporesso_Chelsea and the entire team at Renova. You've all been wonderful and so has your Zero. Just seems that I keep going back to 2014 with my vape.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Another week with the original pod tank in Zero #2.

I added a third Zero to the rotation shortly beforecChristmas so I could puff on some grape at times. See, when I first got Zero #1 that was my go to flavor. But compared to the formerly used Zenith clad gizmos it seemed a bit lacking. So I tried a blueberry mix with great results.

Zero #2 was added shortly after Zero #1 because I really like a fuji apple based concoction. The 80/20 blueberry in #1 was my most used. The fuji apple was rotated in at times the blueberry became "mecth" tasting due to vape tongue.
Then fuji apple in #2 became the all day vape with blueberry after dinner. The pod tank in #1 gave out after a few weeks. But the pod tank in #2 using a 70/30 is still going.

The pod tank in #3 is loaded with a grape soda flavor. I left it in my truck for over a month to freeze and thaw as a durability check. The draw from the dark uber-sweet 70/30 is tighter than the amber 80/20 blueberry so I figure it's all that sugar. But my gosh is it yummy. I had written off sweet flavored juice in a Zero but have now rethought that.

Compared to free flowing super duper cloud making coils the Zero leaves a lot to be desired. But for day to day vaping in a pocket friendly device the Zero is a winner in my view. Much better than devices like a Penguin or those nasty Juuls. I once said my full sized gear sits idle. Here on 1/5/19 I do not recall where I even put them.
It's 100% Zero with (pun intended) zero thought of using those leaky big toys.

Being an ocd about watching for battery remaining I figured out when taking a drag without looking at it, an extended finger to the charge port end allows you to feel the little lamp or not depending on it it is up or down. So if you are like me and just have an uncontrolable urge to have it face up, that is one way to make that impulse satisfied.

The only qualm I have with the Zero is the opening at refill time. Sometimes the tip of a store bought bottle of sauce will not feed the tank without a spill. It's like the juice forms a log jam at the opening and refuses to go in. The supplied bottle works great. But if you rotate between flavors and only have one of those it requires another after market bottle or a syringe. No biggy to me, but is something I felt worth mentioning to new users.

My brother in law has tried vaping on and off for years. He always turned away due to how harsh they are and fire button timing issues causing him to either find the drag lacking or too much. I gave him a Zero and a bottle of 25ml nic sauce for Christmas. I told him how incredibly smooth they hit. On new years day he said "now this is something I like, a lot".

Last edited:

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
I just purchased two more of these yesterday. Bought a black and a rainbow colored ones to add to the silver and green Zero's I already have. I really like the form factor of these. Something about being able to hold them between the second and middle fingers appeals to me. I also like the draw from them at the highest power setting. Add that to the surprisingly good battery life and it's a winner in my book.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Wow, I'd forgotten you can crank it up to high.

We gave a rainbow one away at Christmas. Mrs. States son loaded a tank and set it off to the side to soak. She gave him a spare she had loaded with a sweet mint. He tried, and tried, and tried. He said it doesn't work. I said let me try and stuck my tank on it and sure enough, nothing.

He says "do you need to turn it on first?"
Doh!!!
5 clicks later he was a happy camper.

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
Wow, I'd forgotten you can crank it up to high.

We gave a rainbow one away at Christmas. Mrs. States son loaded a tank and set it off to the side to soak. She gave him a spare she had loaded with a sweet mint. He tried, and tried, and tried. He said it doesn't work. I said let me try and stuck my tank on it and sure enough, nothing.

He says "do you need to turn it on first?"
Doh!!!
5 clicks later he was a happy camper.
At least you clicked it 5 times. First time I read turn a vape device on, I rubbed against it and it did nothing. In fact, think I scarred it for life haha.

I wanted a red or blue one but they were sold out and the other colors they had were either black, rainbow, orange or the ones I already have. Do not like orange so went with rainbow.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
"Please, please, please Zero, work for me" rubbing it magic lamp style...

The place I buy mine from only sell black, silver and rainbow. They get in 25 each a month and sell out each month. At first the stainless was last to sell out. The proprietor told me back before Christmas those are the first to go now.

I like how the magnet is strong enough to teeth hold it when the need to vape it hands free arises.
And no eye hit like with a cigarette.
:shock:Yikes.

Last edited:
  • Agree

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
I don't really run into a need to hold with teeth as my work keeps me behind a desk in my home office or in my car. These things come in handy just like lighters used to when I smoked. When analyzing data, I like to twirl it between my fingers. Helps me concentrate.

The other great thing about this is the ability to stealth vape when needed. I made it through the entire holiday season without having to go outside to vape. Just take a quick vape and hold in for a few seconds and nobody knew I was vaping.

Vaporesso_Milo

Brand Manager
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2016
I just purchased two more of these yesterday. Bought a black and a rainbow colored ones to add to the silver and green Zero's I already have. I really like the form factor of these. Something about being able to hold them between the second and middle fingers appeals to me. I also like the draw from them at the highest power setting. Add that to the surprisingly good battery life and it's a winner in my book.
Thanks for your support! So glad that you like our Renova Zero kit! Enjoy you vaping

Reactions: Vicman

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Another week with pod tank 1 in Zero #2. Now to be fair I rotate between 3 Zeros all day but since acquiring the first one in October, second shortly after and third just before Christmas I've changed one tank (using dark, sweet 80/20) on #1. In numbers 2 and 3 using sweet 70/30 (vg/pg) are still going and taste fine.

I run them on medium and charge the day the light shows blue, which is typically day 2 or 3. I refill all 3 twice a week at most. If I use one a lot more than the others, those two get refilled about once a week.

Not bad. Not bad at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread