Zero Kit By Renova Vapor

Vaporesso, Renova Vapor, Zero, Pod, PTF
Retails for
Status
Not open for further replies.

JonBooler

Feb 13, 2019
This thread is for the general discussion of the Pod vape Zero Kit By Renova Vapor. Please add to the discussion here.
Renova Zero Replacment Pods Burning Fix
Hey, I and a few others have had an issue with replacement pods burning no matter what juice they use or how long they let it sit.
Here are the fixes I've found from experience and help
If you live in a cold area make sure your pod is at least warm so the juice isn't too thick and doesn't have trouble getting to the coil.
2. Take a couple hard primer puffs before you take a real rip so it sucks juice into the coil. Don't go overboard with this or you'll get a mouth full of juice. You should see some air bubbles floating to the top of the pod. When air bubbles stop coming out the cotton is saturated.
3. Keep the wattage setting on the lowest (red) to avoid burning to much juice and drying out the cotton.

If it tastes funky after the first fill don't worry just repeat these steps and it should go away.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
I said elsewhere that the Aurora Play was getting all of my attention lately. And a cold caused me to resume using a Zero. I have 3.

Well thinking I had lost 2 of them I found them in my work truck today. So for about 2 weeks they had been subjected to temps as low as the 20's and 30's at night and ambient sunlight inside as much as guessing 80's or more.

Lets just say when left in those conditions the PTF system is not completely leak free. But unlike conventional tanks there was not much loss.

Perhaps if you store yours in similar conditions store them tip down.

Reactions: Izan

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
I won a Zero at the end of January and got it in Feb. I liked it so much I bought another but ended up giving it to my sister so she can quit smoking. My only problem is filling the pod. I've used the bottle that came with the kit. I'm either pushing down too hard or not enough. Suddenly I move something the right way and it fills but its a pain. Anyone else have trouble filling it? How do y'all like the Zero now that you've had it a few months? Other than the refill issue I still love my Zero above all the other pods I have tried.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Dawg gonnit those pod tanks hold up. I failed to notice that one had become less than flavorful as it still produced vape like new.
I had left it in a cup holder of my truck for about a week and one evening, "well hello little black Zero" thwrrrrrr" "UGH".

Popped in a new pod that had soaked about an hour and GOOD GOSH!!!
Deee- lish-us. I puffed on my other two and tossed those pods too. They work just dandy but flavor was nowhere near as yummy as a new pod tank.

FYI: The pod tanks are a couple of months old and used sparingly since the Play arrived.

Reactions: Foggy Road

Alex_AMB

May 13, 2019
Yeah, today mine actually started giving me a decent throat hit. I like it but having just started at day 12 I assume it indicates that the pod is about to go belly up. Was a good almost 2 weeks tho.
Hi there. How do you get this pod to maximize the throat hit ? Thanks

Experimenting the Zero for 3 days now with Black Note Prelude 6mg.

Smoke analogs free for 3 weeks today...

Miss the damn strong throat hit. Can't get it nowhere (Tested pods until today with same mentioned e juice: Uwell Caliburn, Vladdin, Odo mini and the Zero. Next will be the Smok Nord).

Suggestions for the Throat hit? Would prefer to keep the nic at 6mg...

In the meantime... my zero red light will never go green when charging. strange, shouldn't it go green meaning full charged? keeps red.

Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: Vicman

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
Hi there. How do you get this pod to maximize the throat hit ? Thanks

Experimenting the Zero for 3 days now with Black Note Prelude 6mg.

Smoke analogs free for 3 weeks today...

Miss the damn strong throat hit. Can't get it nowhere (Tested pods until today with same mentioned e juice: Uwell Caliburn, Vladdin, Odo mini and the Zero. Next will be the Smok Nord).

Suggestions for the Throat hit? Would prefer to keep the nic at 6mg...

In the meantime... my zero red light will never go green when charging. strange, shouldn't it go green meaning full charged? keeps red.

Cheers
Howdy Alex, welcome to the ECF. I don't think you're going to get much throat hit with 6mg with the Zero. It just was not made for lower nic levels. You will get vapor but not that thump most of us associate with throat hit. You can try using it at the highest setting which is the green setting but I still think you'll be missing the throat hit with the lower nic level.

I went from 6mg when using higher powered sub ohm set ups to 18mg with pods. It's just the nature of the beast with most of the pods out there; higher nic levels are needed for the lower powered devices to get a satisfying vape. At the same time, I went from using at least 20 mils of liquid a day with the 6mg and higher wattage vaping to using between 2-4 mils a day of the 18mg stuff. I'm getting close to the same amount of nic, just with less juice.

I think you will might have better luck with a Nord and the .6 ohm coil for throat hit with a pod though as it packs a punch. The .6 ohm coil goes through juice like crazy and I refill often when using that coil. I'm using that coil in the Trinity Alpha right now and using up some 6mg liquid I have lying around. The throat hit is there, not the greatest but still satisfying, lots of vapor, and refilling like a madman. It (.6 ohm coil) will drains the battery quicker as well. All that said, it might give you your desired throat hit with the 6mg. In all honesty, you're probably better off with a tank and mod to get the best results at that nic level.

As for the red light when charging, might have a defective product. They take about 40 mins from dead to fully charged and all go from red to green. I have four and that is the way they all function so maybe there is something wrong with your Zero.

• Useful
Reactions: MacTechVpr

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
About the light:
Do you see green when puffing on it after a charge? (Then blue as remaining battery reaches 70 percent, then red at 30 iirc.)

Like Vic said, about 40 minutes to full charge. Are you using the supplied cord? Is your power source 2 amps? Needs to be 2 amps if I'm not mistaken.

I started out with Prelude and never got good throat hit in modular devices. In a Zero it certainly wasn't any better. I vape between 9 and 12 watts and the Prelude works great at higher watts. I figure it's because the PG at 50 percent just doesn't provide the production and if adding any more VG would mute an already mild flavor even more. And the Zero was designed around smoooooooth production. Sometimes you wonder if you even took a drag it's so smooth, but upon exhale you know. It took some getting used to but everything else seems harsh to me now except Zero's and the Play, which does provide a better throat hit.

Innokin EQ has a 0.5 ohm coil and can go up to 16 watts so it may be more satisfying with Prelude. I'm a big fan of that flavor but ended up using more fruity stuff in my Zero's.

Alex_AMB

May 13, 2019
Howdy Alex, welcome to the ECF. I don't think you're going to get much throat hit with 6mg with the Zero. It just was not made for lower nic levels. You will get vapor but not that thump most of us associate with throat hit. You can try using it at the highest setting which is the green setting but I still think you'll be missing the throat hit with the lower nic level.

I went from 6mg when using higher powered sub ohm set ups to 18mg with pods. It's just the nature of the beast with most of the pods out there; higher nic levels are needed for the lower powered devices to get a satisfying vape. At the same time, I went from using at least 20 mils of liquid a day with the 6mg and higher wattage vaping to using between 2-4 mils a day of the 18mg stuff. I'm getting close to the same amount of nic, just with less juice.

I think you will might have better luck with a Nord and the .6 ohm coil for throat hit with a pod though as it packs a punch. The .6 ohm coil goes through juice like crazy and I refill often when using that coil. I'm using that coil in the Trinity Alpha right now and using up some 6mg liquid I have lying around. The throat hit is there, not the greatest but still satisfying, lots of vapor, and refilling like a madman. It (.6 ohm coil) will drains the battery quicker as well. All that said, it might give you your desired throat hit with the 6mg. In all honesty, you're probably better off with a tank and mod to get the best results at that nic level.

As for the red light when charging, might have a defective product. They take about 40 mins from dead to fully charged and all go from red to green. I have four and that is the way they all function so maybe there is something wrong with your Zero.

Thanks man, good advice in there, appreciate!

Reactions: Vicman

Alex_AMB

May 13, 2019
Tks as well United States. Agree with you guys in many aspects along its discoveries...

Charging red light: I can see the green/blue/red lights during normal operation. Just during charge it stays in red, but it charges fully, cause when I use it I see I have the battery power. Maybe some defective yes.

Throat hit: I've been experimenting Nord, EQs, Caliburn, Vladdin, ODO and Zero. In my opinion the Zero has one of the best flavors tested so far, smooth as UNITED STATES mentioned, but unable to hit the throat! It might work well in higher nic levels. EQs and Nord can do the TH better indeed, but I feel that at expenses of flavor... didnt try the EQs 0.5 mesh, only the 0.48. Next step is to try to go up in Nic, something I was trying to avoid. 0.9 will be.

Cheers All (3 weeks and 4 days smoke free after 20 years)

Jungleviper

Jun 5, 2019
This thread is for the general discussion of the Pod Vape Zero Kit By Renova Vapor. Please add to the discussion here.
This thread is for the general discussion of the Pod Vape Zero Kit By Renova Vapor. Please add to the discussion here.
Hi I've been using this device for several months now and generally it works great and the longevity of the coils is fantastic, however it seems like if I use the wrong juice it kills the coil within hours of opening it and the first fill, the coil will chug on for a while and then it begins only to work if i angle it just right, do you know of any remedies to this? Not being able to use any juice is the one thing holding me back from recommending this product to others

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread