Vaporesso, Renova Vapor, Zero, Pod, PTF
Retails for
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaporesso_Milo

Brand Manager
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2016
Hi I've been using this device for several months now and generally it works great and the longevity of the coils is fantastic, however it seems like if I use the wrong juice it kills the coil within hours of opening it and the first fill, the coil will chug on for a while and then it begins only to work if i angle it just right, do you know of any remedies to this? Not being able to use any juice is the one thing holding me back from recommending this product to others
Sorry for your inconvenience. May I know which coil you mean will affect the coil performance? We will forward to our engineers to test

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Cases: Zero cases to be more precise.

Not knowing how many variances of Zero covers are out there I chose to try a silicone cover I presume is after market and the leather one made by Vaporesso.

Now to start with the Zero is fine without a case. Nice and portable and from the factory it deploys from a pocket with ease. However some would find the smooth finish of the silver or rainbow version a bit slippery with gloves or sweaty hands. I placed a tank band at the charge port end of mine as a sort of grip ring so in case it tries to 'squirt' through my fingers there is a catch point.

IMG-20190623-092623.jpg

Lots of vape shops give these away with their logo etc. Turn it inside out for a generic look.

One potential issue with a Zero is lint intrusion. With pocket carry, sooner or later lint will collect at the mouth piece due to the spent juice that collects at the tip over time. Now some pods have a removable cover but what to do with said cover when the Zero is in use. And if you are OCD like me and misplace it....ugh!

Enter the Zero case. Right now there are two popular types. A leather cover shaped like a Zero with provisions for a wrist strap or included neck lanyard. Or a silicone case that allows the Zero to slide into and has a cap to cover the mouthpiece.
IMG-20190623-091019.jpg

Each has advantages and disadvantages.

The leather case:
I'll start with the leather one made by Vaporesso. To start the one shown was sent to me by Vaporesso, but the only affect that had on my opinion was I liked enough to buy two more when they became available.
In use I found the Zero easily slides in and out, one can place the sort of sleeve at the top over the mouth piece as a cover,
and when uncovered can stand at an angle to allow any unspent juice that collects in the chimney to 'drain' back inside.
IMG-20190623-093910.jpg

I call it the kickstand affect.

Some have said vaping it inside the case is offensive because the covering folded back touches their bottom lip. I found if you hold the covering down with your thumb it makes that issue disappear. You may have to slide the device a bit forward to help that but just enough to still see the indicator glow.

Some say it cannot be charged inside the sleeve. Renova chose to custom shape the leather to fit like a glove. I can see where others would prefer to charge it in the case but I prefer the tapered end to slide it into a pocket easier and the custom shape makes it more appealing in my view.
IMG-20190623-100404.jpg

The tapered end.

I've seen these in black at online vape stores, but I prefer the brown. Being leather, it's very durable and grippy while being smooth enough to easily slide in or out of a pocket. The top has a provision for a key ring that is plenty wide so there is confidence it won't get ripped away from the case without undue force.

The silicone case;
The silicone case can be found in a variety of colors. The textured surface lends a rubbery, grippy feel. Overall length for millimeter counters is slightly shorter and the squared end allows a tailstand on a desk or table along with the ability to charge it in the case. Being that to me a Zero is like a Lays potato chip; I cannot stop at just one, I chose the white version to see which color Zero I have inside the case. I have a different flavor in each color device so at a glance I can remember "oh it's the rainbow one, which has flavor X".

Comfort-vape-wise the silicone with the cap off is like not having a case at all. No part of the case around the device is felt against your lips. Sliding it back out of the case is not an easy task. It comes out easy enough with some distortion of the silicone covering at the charge port end. Suffice to say, it aint going to suddenly slide out of the case.

The cap pops off easy enough and is attached by a silicone cord. But being the cord is only a few mm thick I know it will break at some point so what to do with the cap when that happens.
IMG-20190623-100656.jpg

Not real tough.

On the opposite side of the 'cord' is a lanyard attachment point molded from silicone to the body of the case. In my minds eye the weight of the Zero will someday cause the case to get ripped away from whatever I have it attached to. I won't use that.
IMG-20190623-100836.jpg

Attachment points.

Conclusion;
Neither mouthpiece covering method is one hand friendly. But for long term I prefer the leather one. Same for potential overall durability.

Grip-wise, to me is a tie but it is kinda cool to be able to tailstand and charge with the silicone case.
IMG-20190623-101603.jpg

Flat versus tapered end with charge point available.

Now I've just started using a silicone case but have used the naked (with tank ring) and leather case for a few months. I'm certain I'll like the silicone case, but prefer it of the three options? Probably not. Each method has a compromise involved.

Naked option means lint intrusion potential. Leather case option means remove it to charge and covering needs an adjustment of the device inside to avoid touching my lip. Silicone just doesn't seen very durable.

But it is nice to have options when vaping with a Renova Zero by Vaporesso.

Vaporesso_Milo

Brand Manager
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2016
I just unboxed mine. Filled it with 50/50 eliquid, let it soak for 15 minutes and all it does it flashes green three times after pull. All is dry and pod is fully charged. Any fix for this?
Sorry for your trouble, please make sure to clean the magnets area. If the problem stills, we will suggest you contact our CS team via Contact Us » Vaporesso

Reactions: VStorm
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread