Zero nicotine juice? Chain Vapez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Nightly

May 16, 2020
Hi guys,

recently found out I'd be drug tested for a new job. Have switched to zero nic juice since saw on here that that is what people did. However, just bought some chain vapez mango/strawberry e juice that says zero nic on the bottle but on the back on the ingredients says PG, VG, food flavor and "nicotine." Is it possible that they didn't change the packaging or am I being trolled?

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2020
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Hi guys,

recently found out I'd be drug tested for a new job. Have switched to zero nic juice since saw on here that that is what people did. However, just bought some chain vapez mango/strawberry e juice that says zero nic on the bottle but on the back on the ingredients says PG, VG, food flavor and "nicotine." Is it possible that they didn't change the packaging or am I being trolled?
You mean actually tested for nicotine? wow that's a new one!

Reactions: stols001

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2020
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Hi guys,

As to the juice, it might be the legislation that requires such label even if there is no actual nicotine in it. I had my new vaping tank delivered yesterday and it had a warning on the box:
"This product contains nicotine which is a highly addictive substance".

But there wasn't even any juice that came with it.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
My guess is it is either mandatory to like, add it as it is part of the evil but necessary tobacco machine in the works, or is there because it could contain like a MOLECULE of nicotine like those things that say, "Manufactured in a plant that also contain nicotine."

IDK if I COULD stoop to lower myself to a job that tested me for nicotine but we all hear that train a coming down the road and we all know where it's headed.

JEEZ though the phrase "Employers want to own you" is getting sort of literal.

Good luck if this job is one you want/have to have etc.

Anna

ETA: I suppose there is no rational way out like a doc writing you a script for nic patches or whatever I mean yeah they are OTC now... probably not.

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2020
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
You mean actually tested for nicotine? wow that's a new one!
oh wow I've actually done some reading, it seems that it actually happens in US. I've never heard of anything like it in Europe! The world is going crazy! What's next, liver examinations to see whether you stick to the weekly recommended alcohol limits? Wow...

Javichu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain

No words...really,i mean wow.
I'll just use this gif which i reserve for really special moments like this:

CG06.gif

My guess is it is either mandatory to like, add it as it is part of the evil but necessary tobacco machine in the works, or is there because it could contain like a MOLECULE of nicotine like those things that say, "Manufactured in a plant that also contain nicotine."

IDK if I COULD stoop to lower myself to a job that tested me for nicotine but we all hear that train a coming down the road and we all know where it's headed.

JEEZ though the phrase "Employers want to own you" is getting sort of literal.

Good luck if this job is one you want/have to have etc.

Anna

ETA: I suppose there is no rational way out like a doc writing you a script for nic patches or whatever I mean yeah they are OTC now... probably not.

Totally agree with you,100%.

I would have to be living in a cardboard box on the street and roasting rats over a barrel with fire in it for me to even ''think'' about applying for a job where they make me go thru a test for nicotine.

And even then,i would probably just end up giving them one of these:

tenor.gif

Things are getting out of hand and this scenario is a clear example.

In one of the links they do mention e-cigs:

While job discrimination against smokers remains controversial, it’s understandable why healthcare employers in particular wouldn’t want their employees smoking cigarettes. However, is there any justification for discriminating against people who use other nicotine products like e-cigs? Although nicotine is a stimulant, continued evidence suggests it may not be responsible for the myriad of health problems associated with smoking. While evidence has proven that smoke, tobacco and the other chemicals in cigarettes can cause cancer and other diseases, it has also suggested that nicotine by itself is as harmless as coffee. However, since nicotine and caffeine are both stimulants, they should be used in moderation to prevent any unpleasant side effects of over-stimulation. With that said, scientists have also discovered that nicotine could have therapeutic benefits as it has been used in clinical studies to successfully treat neurological disorders such as ADHD, Schizophrenia, Parkinson’s disease and Alzheimer’s. Nonetheless, vapers can still fall victim to unfair hiring practices directed at smokers, so as we wait for laws and hiring policies to evolve, you at least now know what to expect when looking for a job in a field with no-hire policies for nicotine users.

And yeah,since I'm a vaper i could and It is a far to reach to think that ok, maybe for smokers of cigarettes but why put vapers in the the same group as smokers?
Just doesn't make sense,pains me to think that such uninformed and just plain moronic people are free to roam about.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
There's a new possibility. There's strong evidence that nicotine is protective against the corona virus. Smokers are under represented in hospital admissions for covid by 80%. Clinical trials are getting started with nic patches to confirm that the mechanism for this is the nicotine and not something else. If things go in favor of nicotine it will be the most effective theraputic available for the virus.

Javichu

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
There's a new possibility. There's strong evidence that nicotine is protective against the corona virus. Smokers are under represented in hospital admissions for covid by 80%. Clinical trials are getting started with nic patches to confirm that the mechanism for this is the nicotine and not something else. If things go in favor of nicotine it will be the most effective theraputic available for the virus.

A study about this has already started or is about to start in France.
I think i have the link somewhere but i can't find it now,but this is something that is being looked into.

• Agree

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
That is going to SUCK for the Nictocrats. If it's robust enough I could see some wack parents putting nicotine patches on their kiddos.

Our state just bans every workplace from smoking pretty much. My employer did some intensive research on the topic and even SNUS was included. I broke that policy every day of my life and would certainly CONTINUE. How to tell if someone Is using snus is pretty difficult especially if it's ALL WHITE.

But yeah things suck. I would check my state but I don't know where I might be as of yet..

Anna

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
A study about this has already started or is about to start in France.
I think i have the link somewhere but i can't find it now,but this is something that is being looked into.
My problem with the French study is it's likely to be slow moving. We need the argument in favor of nicotine ASAP. There are so many of us, potential volunteers, who might help settle the question sooner--if there was a plan for doing that. I'm not a scientist, don't know how to design and experiment that all of us could do in the wild.

Javichu

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
My problem with the French study is it's likely to be slow moving. We need the argument in favor of nicotine ASAP. There are so many of us, potential volunteers, who might help settle the question sooner--if there was a plan for doing that. I'm not a scientist, don't know how to design and experiment that all of us could do in the wild.

Unfortunately studies can't be rushed,there is no way to cut corners when it comes to studies on short/long term effects.
I have heard that somewhere else in Europe they also doing another study,think it was Switzerland...not sure would have to look it up.

Me personally i just think the stalling and bad decisions made by governments all over the world are just based on the good ol' might cash.
You could flood them with studies and they would still make the wrong decisions when it comes to not supporting those who want to quit smoking but can't do it cold turkey.

Vaping is far less harmful than smoking,that much has been proved and yet we have to put up with moronic decisions not based on helping the people they work for (politicians WORK FOR ME) but based on their premise of just filling up the coffers.

All this ''minors are vaping'' nonsense is just plain stupid.
Local 7-11 sells Juuls to a minor just close their shop,no short term ban,no fine nothing...just close them down PERMANENTLY!!

If enough pressure is done they will change their tune but then again back in my days the common thing was to hang outside a liquor store and ask an adult to get you booze,you know because you ''forgot'' your ID...same these days but instead of booze it's juuls hehe

• Useful

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
You could flood them with studies and they would still make the wrong decisions
Governments are attacking vaping to protect cigarette taxes. They can get their way by interfering with access to products. Non smokers tolerate the government BS because they perceive the benefit from the tax money. The nicotine/covid relationship is different. Nicotine patches are available everywhere. That's not going to change. Practically everybody on the planet wants the problem reduced at least to let economies get moving again. May be bureaucrats benefit from the pandemic but the public doesn't.

If nic patches keep 80% of never smokers out of the hospital and ecigs do the same for smokers then the way is clear to "normal". Thousands die every day, the economy is being ruined. All we need now is to confirm that nicotine is the active ingredient against the virus. If yes the entire landscape of tobacco control should be turned upside down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread