Zeus Dual RTA - Geekvape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi ECF members, In this review i take a look at the Zeus Dual rta from Geekvape. The Zeus Dual rta was supplied for the purpose of this review by Carrie from Geekvape.

ZEUS Dual RTA
Zeus Dual RTA Geek Vape Online Store

Introduction

The original single coil Zeus is my go to tank which i use more than any other RTA so i was looking forward to the release of the dual coil version despite preferring single coil RTA's. It's very familiar while having noticeable differences externally as well as internally, apart from doing away with the support cage with the 3 verticals that have "ZEUS" cutouts all other external differences are what you would expect to account for it being the duel coil version. It's diameter is an extra 1mm to accommodate the dual deck as well as the slightly wider air chamber and the duel cyclops airflow slots are noticeably larger other than a bit of extra branding everything else externally is reassuringly very much the Zeus.

In the Box

Contents:

1x Zeus DUAL RTA
2x Prebuilt Clapton Coil
1x Spare Glass Tube
1x 810 Delrin Widebore Drip Tip
1x 510 Delrin Widebore Drip Tip
1x 510 Drip Tip Adapter
1x Allen Key
1x User Manual

Aesthetics

The Zeus Dual RTA comes in the usual plastic display packaging so even before opening you could see the familiar looking Zeus and every bit as handsome as it's single coil brother. I received the Black version, it's also available in Stainless Steel, Black or Blue. It comes with a thick Black 810 drip tip sitting on top which can be changed for the standard included delrin 810 or use the included 510 adaptor to fit the delrin 510 drip tip (also included), both the top airflow control section and the base section has slight aesthetic texturing, the control ring reveals generous dual cyclops with stopper which moves with just the right amount of resistance. The top-cap is smooth with "geek vape" printed in Silver, the bottom section has "ZEUS" printed in metallic Silver front and back and the familiar Zeus face logo is printed on the air chamber, again in Silver. Moving to the base which is still 25mm but then tapers out to 26mm to accommodate the deck has branding and safety stamps in Silver, the 510 is nicely protruding and Gold plated. It's a very nice looking tank and build quality is top-notch with excellent threading.

Specs and Features:

26mm Diameter
4ml Juice Capacity
Superior Stainless Steel Construction
Threaded Top-Fill Method
High-Temp Resistant Silica Glass Reinforcement
Enlarged Build Deck
Adjustable Gold-Plated 510 Contact Pin
Innovative Postless, Four Terminals Design
Single or dual Coil Configurations
Side-Secured via Flathead Slotted Screws
PEEK Insulator
Efficient Wicking System
Enhanced 3D Three Dimensional Airflow
Adjustable Dual Exterior Top Airflow
Single Internal Central Air Tube
Dual Internal Air slots on Each Side
Colours: Stainless Steel, Black, Gunmetal, Blue

Assembling and Disassembling

The Zeus Dual separates into it's various parts very easily, the drip tip pulls out, top-cap just needs turning and lifting which also allows for the removal of the airflow ring. The bottom section with deck unscrews (the threading is superb) from the air chamber allowing you to wiggle the glass free without any drama. This just leaves the air chamber and juice port section which is one piece, the tank goes back together very easily.

Why Not The Same Airflow As The Zeus Single Coil?

The original Zeus has two tall towers that met the top of the air chamber to channel air down and through small holes to hit the top and sides of the coil at an angle, the left over air carried on down and went underneath the coil and up, this 360 degree air coverage gave it unprecedented flavour for a tank with top airflow that competes with the very best of the bottom airflow RTA's. The downside to that was a strange deck where the coil was set offset to the towers which confused many then bending the wicks back on themselves, them that got it right are benefiting and making a big noise about how good the Zeus is those that haven't mastered it don't understand what all the fuss is about. Here with the Zeus Dual using the identical airflow method would be a nightmare trying to get two coils in position between the towers and wicking would be a complete nightmare so Geekvape have come up with something different.

The Airflow

The top half of the air chamber is doubled walled, the air goes in through the air slots and down the cavity. The deck is raised and has 2 wide but not very tall walls rather than towers that when the tank is screwed together meet where the air chamber cavity starts. The short walls have large angled slots and the coils are position with the top half of them above the walls. The air comes down the cavity around the top of the air chamber which helps to keep the tank cool when meeting the walls on the deck the air goes down the outside and then through the angled slots slamming the bottom and sides of the coils with air. Having the deck raised also brings the build nearer to the top of the tank which in theory should also improve flavour.

The Deck

The Deck is a dual postless configuration which also allows for a single coil build. As mentioned the deck is slightly raised so the juice will wick the coils from underneath, it's not far off being a GTA deck. Coiling is simple when you can actually get the flathead properly in the slots of the tiny screws. Wicking has got to be done right on this one, so for completely different reasons to the single coil Zeus there will be some people finding the deck flooding or getting a flavourless vape, if that happens invest time in finding some tutorials on wicking the Zeus coil that time will be well rewarded. To wick you need to make sure the cotton sits on top of the juice bays and not stuffed down, you will then need to apply some juice i wouldn't recommend dry wicking it. Once the juice is applied which will swell the cotton tease it inwards and upwards to leave clearance for the air chamber and make sure the cotton is sitting on top of the bays.

Filling the tank

Once your build is done and tank screwed back together filling the tank is a breeze as the Zeus Dual has a bayonet style top-cap just turn and it pops off revealing 2 large filling slots. I am pleased it uses the same style top-cap and filling method as the single coil version as it's so quick, it just takes the slightest of turns to release the top-cap or secure it back into position.

Performance

Once i got the Zeus Dual wicked correctly all i can say is Geekvape have pulled it off, the flavour is awesome just like the single coil version. I was at 70W with a 0.18 build and the vapor production is equally impressive. The one disappointment is tank capacity as it gets through liquid twice as quick as the single coil version and that was thirsty enough. There is a 5.5ml bubble glass that is sold separately and Geekvape have said they regret not included it but i think rather than charging for the bubble glass future purchases should have it sent complimentary as surely if you sell a tank that ploughs through liquid you should provide the appropriate capacity.

Conclusion

In my opinion the best single coil RTA is the Zeus and now the best Dual coil RTA is also the Zeus.

Handsome looking
Excellent build quality
Top to bottom/side airflow system
Postless deck
Leakfree
Loads of spares
Awesome flavour
Impressive cloud
Dual or Single Coil
Top-fill
810 or 510 drip tips
Bayonet top-cap

Dislikes

Would like quality phillips or larger flathead screws used on the deck
Bubble 5.5ml glass should be included
Wicking is Tricky

I would once again like to thank Carrie from Geekvape for supplying the Zeus dual RTA for the purpose of this review.

ZEUS Dual RTA
Zeus Dual RTA Geek Vape Online Store

Today 02:29 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread