Zeus/Smilomizer juice Q?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritzo90

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2012
Australia
Long time no see V4L :)

So I purchased a Zeus, as per the recommendation of a friend who I introduced to V4L a couple of years ago.

Have to say it's pretty dam good, even if it is a fair bit larger than I would usually use.

One question I have though is about juice, I didn't grab any V4L juice when I purchased my Zeus because I have a preferred supplier for juice, but as my Zeus is becoming my main vape I want to get it right.

Currently I use juice that is PG 80% / VG 20%. It seems a bit light on for the Zeus and when I fill it just zooms through onto the table. Should I be using a juice that is more along the lines of 50/50%?

If I'm allowed and it would help I can mention the brand of juice.

Any helps appreciated. Love your work.

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
Ritzo (sir or Ms.?) you can use any ratio of juice with a smileo. The premium line is all 80/20 pg/vg or lower for example. My worry is if it's a bad smileo, there have been a few where the wick wasn't properly attached to the base leading to some leaking issues. How are you filling it and is it still leaking when you're using it?

Ritzo90

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2012
Australia
Ritzo (sir or Ms.?) you can use any ratio of juice with a smileo. The premium line is all 80/20 pg/vg or lower for example. My worry is if it's a bad smileo, there have been a few where the wick wasn't properly attached to the base leading to some leaking issues. How are you filling it and is it still leaking when you're using it?

Hi Morandir.
It's Sir :) I've had used three smiliomizers, and I think I might just be over filling them but they don't seem to hold their taste for me as much as I would expect from the positive reviews. I think it's more to do with the liquid thickness more than the carto it self. Though that said the newest one does seem to be a little different to the others, hard to explain but the centre column seems to be loose against the filling.

Would 50/50 pg/vg juice be thicker?

The way I fill it is drip till it covers the top, wait for it to sink in then repeat till it starts to sink in less. If it pools at the top i've done to much. Although I'm over filling them on occasion, it doesn't seem to hold the flavour as mentioned.

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
50/50 would be thicker sir. Higher the VG content the higher the viscosity/thickness of a juice.

Flavor loss could be a symptom of a few things. Have you ever vaped the juice in question at 5v/10w before or long term? How long have you been vaping? You could have entered the dreaded 3 week or 3 month taste bud failings. Are you dinking enough water?

Amraann

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2011
Florida
Ritzo90, maybe consider using a tank? I know the smileos are meant to go with the zeus but I prefer to use v4l tanks. The small tank (3.5) fits perfectly on the small and medium zues.
I am not sure about the large zues as I do not have one..

Personally I find that the tanks hold onto the flavor better for me. Hubby prefers the smileos. So it must be a taste is subjective type of thing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread