Zeus X RTA Dual Coil No flavor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tgfg77

Apr 9, 2020
Hi!

I recently bought zeus x rta, and i was getting a very muted flavor so i came here and saw people using stock coils and cotton from the box and having the same trouble. Muted flavor.

So i saw more experient vapers saying that was the wick and the coils. I changed the coils and the wick to a premium ones, i saw many tutorials how to get the wick in a right way... I adjusted the wick in like 6 different ways and NONE of that ways gave me a great flavour. I fell very cheated by the youtubers saying the flavour was outstanding. Whit my sub ohm tank i get way MORE flavour than this rta

My question is, is this tank really that bad for flavour or just am i doing all wrong?

My setup:
-Innokin proton mini
-0,30OHM ni80 coils (3mm)
-Firebolt cotton
-Nasty juice Slow Blow
-vaping in 50-70W

Thank you guys!

Reactions: AngeNZ

Marper

Moved On
May 20, 2019
It's very subjective, stock sub-ohm coils produce massive flavour, I've not got the zues so cannot really help, but what I will say is rtas take a lot of getting used to, some of my rtas need fine tuning to get the best from them but I have read that the Zeus is a pretty good tank, I have an rta that literally produces no flavour, it's the original mini serpent but I still like it, the thing with rtas is you get what you get, hope you can fine tune it to your vaping style

Reactions: RuiG

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Hi!

I recently bought zeus x rta, and i was getting a very muted flavor so i came here and saw people using stock coils and cotton from the box and having the same trouble. Muted flavor.

So i saw more experient vapers saying that was the wick and the coils. I changed the coils and the wick to a premium ones, i saw many tutorials how to get the wick in a right way... I adjusted the wick in like 6 different ways and NONE of that ways gave me a great flavour. I fell very cheated by the youtubers saying the flavour was outstanding. Whit my sub ohm tank i get way MORE flavour than this rta

My question is, is this tank really that bad for flavour or just am i doing all wrong?

My setup:
    -Innokin proton mini
    -0,30OHM ni80 coils (3mm)
    -Firebolt cotton
    -Nasty Juice Slow Blow
    -Vaping in 50-70W

Thank you guys!

I don't have the Zeus X RTA. Can you post a pic of your deck? that may help someone that does have the RTA give you some advice

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I am a big fan of geekvape gear but couldn't find a happy place with the zeus x rta. I tried single and dual coil on it and just wasn't ever happy with it. The original single coil zeus rta is my all time favorite. The new zeus x mesh has really good flavor but isn't up for sale yet. My hope is that they offer replacement decks for the mesh version and I can switch the decks out for the ones on the two regular zeus x rtas I bought.

RuiG

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 4, 2019
    Portugal
    I would say four factors come into place:
    -Coil type and placement
    -Wicking
    -Power regulation
    -Liquid you are vaping

YouTube guides are good to have a basic feeling for the atomiser. Then everything changes if you don't have the exact same conditions of the guide you are watching.

Don't give up on it.

Post a picture of your build and perhaps people can help a bit more.

With power, start lower and build it until you feel the flavour has hit the sweet spot.

Stay safe.

• Agree
    Reactions: AngeNZ
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread