• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

ZFM Cart Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinium

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
So I read through 86 pages of posts on Scotty's ZFM (Zero Fill mod) thread through necessity tonight - don't ask! :oops:

Firstly it works great - it took a couple of attempts to get it right, but it's a dream when you do. I've been hammering a single 510 cart for the past 2.5 hours with no leaks or floods. :thumb:

Towards the end of the thread, Scotty revealed he's now making and selling the plugs online at ZFM Carts. Has anyone tried them?

Assuming collective buys are permitted on the forum - if anyone is interested and wants to avoid the $15US postage (which is a bit rough when they're only $12US), let me know...

dinium

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
So far there's 2 takers on the order (falconsforge and Mr. Dismal). I plan on placing the order on Wednesday night - if anyone else wants to jump on board, please let me know before then.

Also - falconsforge and Mr. Dismal - can you let me know whether you just want the ZFM plugs or the whole carts, and whether you want h-cut, hole or combos.

Reading the thread, it seems the h-cut is a lot more successful.

dinium

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Order has been placed for the following:

MrDismal - 1x 510 H-Cut plug pack
Kimmyw - 1x 510 Carts with H-Cut plug pack
moody - 1x 510 H-Cut plug pack
falconsforge - 1x 510 Combo plug pack
dinium - 1x 510 H-Cut plug pack

Total ordered:
3x 510 H-Cut plug packs
1x 510 Combo plug pack
1x 510 carts with H-Cut plug pack

I'll keep you up to date with the order process :)

dinium

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
I use these almost every day now. No flooding, no leaks and a ton of juice.

At MrDismal's request, I've thrown together a quick list of tips that work for me...

1. Read the overview that Scottyballs wrote on ECF. His first post does a good job of explaining the straw height - which is key.

2. If your straw is too long, you will get flooding/leakage. This is caused by the bridge pushing too hard on the silicon and causing it to slide on a diagonal. Trim it down until the problem stops.

3. If the straw is too short, the silicon won't be breached by the bridge and no juice will get through to the attie through.

4. If you're using the H cut, you want the centre line of the H to line up with your bridge. The goal is to get the flaps either side of the bridge (let me know if I need to post a pic to show this). This improves flow consistency (and a better vape).

5. Remember to tilt your PV down slightly when vaping - you want the juice to flow onto the bridge. Lying on the couch with the battery in the air doesn't work so well...

6. Rotate them daily. I find that when they get too saturated, they can move around which can cause flooding. Rotating them allows them to dry and they're fine.

MrDismal

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
Australia, Melbourne
I got around to trying this out and stealing a straw.

I was suprised at the amount of vapor, throat hit and flavour! It's like using a new atty or something, the results are really good.

Unfortunately, 1 problem.
After filling it up and sitting that little cap on the end and your vaping away everything is money... it starts to run dry. Now how are you supposed fill it up??????!?!

I was out the pub last night using it, and then it occurred to me that I would need to get a pin to take out the cap to just refill it.
Orrrr.. carry a syringe everywhere I go and that's not healthy nor does it look good haha.

Whats an easier way around this?

dinium

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Can't see any reason why you can't use a syringe in public, especially if you want to appear on that local cop show next season :lol:

I use either a mechanical pencil (with lead well and truly retracted) - gently press into the H and flip it out, refill, replace and use the button end of the pencil to pad it back in place - a paperclip or even my front door key.

These doesn't attract as much attention as a syringe, but hey, each to their own. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread