ZFM Zero Filler Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

DemonCowboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Florida, US
Just found this thread - about a year late !

Impressed with the idea, even though it obviously needs tweaking for each case.

Is there a diagram in these 100 pages somewhere that shows what the straw is for?
in a lot of carts like the 901's the 801's and some of the (i think newer) 510's there's no ledge to hold the plug up. so a straw (modified if need be and in most cases i've found it needs be to fit the cart and function properly w/o blocking off space for juice) is used for that purpose. (but then as i was talking about i've also got a smaller vent straw in my version)

SCOTTYBALLS

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Greenville, S.C.
is this mod possible on a mega eGo cart? has anyone tried it? it'd be an insane amount of juice

I dont have any to go by but if the opening is the same as the 510's then yes just need a longer straw.. Some of my customers where getting the plugs for the mega carts and said they worked good but im not sure about the Ego carts...

Finally tried it out on a 901. The 901s I have would have the membrane right on the end of the cart, so didnt need a straw - just superglued the rim and pressed it on. Cut an X or sorts with a craft knife. Trimmed edge, especially where air slots are each side and was ready. Maybe 2 mins work beyond finding and cleaning the parts.

Seem to have got it right first time. Lots more vapor and replenishes faster.

Thanks ScottyBalls. My thumbs up !

FreeFlow

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
London, Ontario Canada
www.youtube.com
so mine came in, still getting juice in my mouth.. am i to close to the bridge? the plug is about a mm below the top of the cart. does flooding cause you to suck juice through the cart into your mouth? When it has worked perfect it's great. should i cut a slit in the straw?

SCOTTYBALLS

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Greenville, S.C.
so mine came in, still getting juice in my mouth.. am i to close to the bridge? the plug is about a mm below the top of the cart. does flooding cause you to suck juice through the cart into your mouth? When it has worked perfect it's great. should i cut a slit in the straw?

yes it sounds like its to close trim the straw down a sliver at a time till it stops.. not all attys have the same bridge height so I try to make the straws just a touch on the long side that way there is room for adjustment..

Valsacar

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2010
Seoul
I dont have any to go by but if the opening is the same as the 510's then yes just need a longer straw.. Some of my customers where getting the plugs for the mega carts and said they worked good but im not sure about the Ego carts...

The mega (XL) ones have a different shape, pic is here:

http://freedomsmokeusa.com/images/eGoemptycart.jpg

Once I get mine I might try this, should just need to cut a different shape... if anyone does before I do let me know how it goes!

transmothra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Just got my H cuts today Scottyballs, thanks!! These things work great and most importantly, they do exactly what it says on the tin! Even though i cut my own straws and used my old carts, i have no leaking issues at all. I have yet to try it with a cart with a slightly burnt top, but i can completely understand if that doesn't work out too well for me, heh ;)

Tastes great - less filling!

For the DIY crew: the H cuts are cut with a wide 'H'. In fact, you could just as well call them I cuts! The center cut runs lengthwise across the long side. The sides run almost to the edge. Buy some from Scottyballs though if you want it done really, really well, or even if you just want to see what a really good job looks like.

Code:

chrizzle

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2010
Chicago
Works like an ... charm! No leaks, nothing but great flavor. The only minor negative is that this mod is a juice hog! I just vaped two carts (11 drops each) in about a half hour! It's TOO damn convenient and good of a mod. I guess I need to learn to pace myself a bit. I'm still in the nonstop vape mode with my Riva. Great work Scotty. Even a noob can use this. Folks this one is a winner.

toothboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2010
Fayetteville, AR
I must say, as picky as ZFM is with regards to technique (and in my case, brand of atomizers), it hands down gives the best taste, consistency, and vapor production I have experienced.

All the other mods that deal with ANY type of filler just don't provide the full on taste that I get with ZFM.

I had some problems with non-Joye atomizers not wicking properly with ZFM, and as a result the taste just wasn't there. While waiting for my new Joye LR attys to arrive, I had to resort to standard polyfill and the ADM, and it just wasn't the same.

Long live ZFM and Scottyballs!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread