Not open for further replies.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I know where my Zippos are. I use 'em once a year, and that day is coming soon! :evil:

kV7MMVt.jpg

ilporcupine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
IL, Duh
Gas station here used to give away cheap disposables with every carton. Still ended up buying Bics, cause the others break at the valve, and stranded me.
Never was a Zippo fan. Couldn't seem to get the hang of not over/under filling them. Too finicky. Like some RTAs. Bic just worked.
They should include the cost of lighters/fluid in those banners that trumpet savings!

ilporcupine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
IL, Duh
I forget some people do that.. lol..
I'm a 'couple of light beers' guy, but to each their own. I do on occasion use a lighter to start BBQ, or light a brush pile, or something. Sweat wont ruin it like books of matches. Handy to have around. Don't carry in pocket all the time, anymore.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I'm a 'couple of light beers' guy, but to each their own. I do on occasion use a lighter to start BBQ, or light a brush pile, or something. Sweat wont ruin it like books of matches. Handy to have around. Don't carry in pocket all the time, anymore.

I have one of those long lighters for the grill.. my husband still has a pack of bics somewhere in his "stuff".. stuff that I'm not allowed to clean or organise.. lol..

ilporcupine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
IL, Duh
I have one of those long lighters for the grill.. my husband still has a pack of bics somewhere in his "stuff".. stuff that I'm not allowed to clean or organise.. lol..
Every time I tried one of those, it gave up the ghost after 1-2 tries. You must have a good one.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
No never been that creative and I kinda hate Zippos to be honest. In this kind of heat they last about 2 torches.

I haven't tried wicking with my bics, either, although I am THANKFUL to no longer have that empty hollow feeling you get when coming across lighters and thinking, "I used to USE that." LOL. That was always HARD in my former quit attempts.

Anna

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
No never been that creative and I kinda hate Zippos to be honest. In this kind of heat they last about 2 torches.
There are some pretty decent refillable butane inserts available for them now.

And there is something uniquely satisfying about the sound of a Zippo opening and closing.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    What do you need a lighter for? Haven't you quit smoking?
    Shortly after I started vaping and stopped smoking I dropped my car keys on the ground one night. First thing I did was reach into my front pocket to get my lighter. I had to go back into the house to get a flashlight..

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread