ZIPPO sized 1200mAh 3.7 volt 510 mod w/biiult-in charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

CowboyGoggles

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2012
Huntsville, AL
China ;)

Google search will give you lots to choose from. But there's one very important thing to be aware of.
Cheap Chinese lipo cells are often overrated on their capacity and have high internal resistance.
this makes them .... for mods.
A lipo battery's ability to dump amps on demand is represented by its "c" rating.
A high c rating (lets say 20c) is capable of dumping loads of juice when needed, but a 2c
Rated cell will likely fault out when put in a highdrain situation.
I bought mine from adafruit when I bought the charging boards, so they were quite expensive at 12 USD but I know they will ship faster and a warranty is always nice :)

CowboyGoggles

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2012
Huntsville, AL
hey there!
after putting some of these cells through the paces over the last few weeks, I have some findings to post about.
I use DC LR tanks a lot with my 3.7 mods and can really tell the difference in batteries with high and low internal resistance with these.
so far i have tested the adafruit 1300 mAh, Sony 1200 mAh, a Chinese 900 mAh, and a chinese 3600 mAh equivalent.
I cant give you any long term figures b/c I havent been using any of these for more than a month, but i have put each through 2-3 cycles and this is what I found:

longest running between charges: Chinese 3600(from psp replacement battery$6USD)
Best Performance(most watts/heat throughout cycle): Sony 1200(from original licensed psp-slim batt$18USD)

runner up in the long run category is the adafruit 1300 battery which kept running almost as long as the so-called 3600 from the psp knockoff unit. which leads me to believe that the actual rating on this china batt is more like 2000 mAh.

it also produces good heat through its cycle but I'm not likely to reorder because of it's size. it's almost 7cm long, that's almost twice the length of the psp battery, and since my goal was to make a zippo sized mod that included the charger, it's not ideal.

so I've made up my mind. I'm gonna cut my cases to fit the Sony 1200.
It will run all day and some of the night on a charge.
has the highest c rating. best performance.
and fits the desired form factor.

Nihon FTW!

CG

srolesen

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2011
denmark
good info THANKS!!!
it also produces good heat through its cycle but I'm not likely to reorder because of it's size. it's almost 7cm long, that's almost twice the length of the psp battery, and since my goal was to make a zippo sized mod that included the charger, it's not ideal.
i was looking for battery about 5 cm height, but now i ordered 6cm one, i really hope it'll still be neat and pocketable, but i dont know :/
finding lipo battery that both has good shape and allso reputable ratings seems kind of hard, maybe something like the psp battery would be good, say's 1.8a max charge rating so maybe max discharge would be ~ 3 times that at 5.4A, seems plenty and price is not too bad either
Amazon.com: PSP Extended Life Battery Kit: Video Games (5.4x3.5x1.3cm, 2200mah,22usd, seems people are happy with it on amazon)

MastiffMike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2009
Dogville Estate
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread