zmax - what type of battery to use

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlieBrown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Austin, TX
Nope, i got it. i picked it up at allaboutvapor.com its on their website. AAV is about 10 miles from my house. When i go there, it is packed everytime of the day. Jennifer sold me on it. She is awesome and being a noob, she has helped me figure out what type of juice to get also. I cannot find anything on what type of battery to get. Like I said, I'm pretty new to this.

TBinAZ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2012
Mesa
Seriously, and Jennifer let you get out the door with a new VMax without a battery? Right. Later.

Nope, i got it. i picked it up at allaboutvapor.com its on their website. AAV is about 10 miles from my house. When i go there, it is packed everytime of the day. Jennifer sold me on it. She is awesome and being a noob, she has helped me figure out what type of juice to get also. I cannot find anything on what type of battery to get. Like I said, I'm pretty new to this.

*deleon517*

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
s. florida

so they sold you a device with no batteries and never asked if you had or needed them? i personally would fire any of my sales people if they went around selling people products with out making sure they upsold the needed accessories or even took 30 seconds to ask the person if they need/have them....

CharlieBrown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Austin, TX
seriously, quit hating. they didn't have batteries in stock. She actually gave me two of her personal batteries; IMR 18350mAh 3.7v, and also gave a discount on a TrustFire Charger w/ discount. Everyone trying to assume things. All i asked was if the battery would work with my Zmax. LOL!!! I gave her my number and she'd call me when they come in maybe thursday. I already have ViVi v2.5 carts.

CDnerds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2012
NJ
seriously, quit hating. they didn't have batteries in stock. She actually gave me two of her personal batteries; IMR 18350mAh 3.7v, and also gave a discount on a TrustFire Charger w/ discount. Everyone trying to assume things. All i asked was if the battery would work with my Zmax. LOL!!! I gave her my number and she'd call me when they come in maybe thursday. I already have ViVi v2.5 carts.

Get any IMR 18650 battery should work fine. Zmax is a single battery mod now, so id stick with that. I have 2 good spots on my blog at the moment selling good, cheap IMR batteries.. Banner below.

*deleon517*

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
s. florida
Thanks CDnerds! will check it out.

just because someone has a higher post count doesnt mean they know every single device that is ever made and what is needed for exactly every device. now you also neglected to include all of the info in your very first post. such as they did give you batteries, that you were looking for some different ones, and that they were out of stock of the normal batteries they usually sell with the zmax......

things like that would make responses to your thread much different....

also a simple google search for zmax ecig would probably yeild a better answer on what type of battery to use in a faster manner then posting and waiting for a member with the experience of using that device to reply. also upon looking at their website it does state what battery should be used, and its even highlighted red in the product description.

why she would give you smaller batteries that arent recommended is concerning and appalling, as she should know better even if they were free and just to get you to buy the device which you still cant properly use since the 18650's are so called out of stock. but she should have also been able to tell you that you can use the 18350's stacked as well(highly un-recommended to use that way by me personally as i dont trust battery stacking)

CharlieBrown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Austin, TX
does that all even matter if i didn't go over irrelevant information. Please go back to what i first posted and read again. I did google a lot and couldn't find much information on it more on the batteries. I did hear good things about the pFest batteries.

Ok, I'm done wasting my time with you. You are so useless! I've posted a pic of the instructions that are right in from of me! Jennifer go it right! Unfortunately that is all what the instructions say about batteries. It doesn't specifically say, high discharge. And want to be careful with what type of battery i want to use.

AllAboutVapor is all about helping folks, not like some of the clowns in the post. By the way, if you don't know the answer or lead me to the right direction, you are an idiot for wasting your time. HAHA
IMAG0347.jpg

CharlieBrown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Austin, TX
does that all even matter if i didn't go over irrelevant information. Please go back to what i first posted and read again. I did google a lot and couldn't find much information on it more on the batteries. I did hear good things about the pFest batteries.

Ok, I'm done wasting my time with you. You are so useless! I've posted a pic of the instructions that are right in from of me! Jennifer go it right! Unfortunately that is all what the instructions say about batteries. It doesn't specifically say, high discharge. And want to be careful with what type of battery i want to use.

AllAboutVapor is all about helping folks, not like some of the clowns in the post. By the way, if you don't know the answer or lead me to the right direction, you are an idiot for wasting your time. HAHA
IMAG03471.jpg

Rader2146

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2012
Waco, TX
My recomendations, in order: Panasonic CGR18650CH, Efest 18650 High Drain, AW IMR 18650 2000mAh.

If you get anything different, just make sure that is is capable of supporting high drain devices, like the ZMax.

Edit to add: The ZMax is designed to use 1x 18650 or 2x 18350, either will work. It's not always the case, but often times those that are so strongly against "stacked", or [technically] series, battery configurations dont have a good understanding of batteries or how to safely use stacked batteries. Everything has a limit. Know the limits of your batteries and device.

Last edited:

CharlieBrown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Austin, TX
Just an update...I visited AAV and got two IMR 18350 batteries for free today. I also picked up an extra pair. I will be getting the single cell when they get them in stock. Kenny advised that we can stack the batteries, but as long as pair is always used at the same time. If one cell of the pair dies, toss the pair. This is probably not new news to other folks, but it is for me.

I'm absolutely lovin' my zmax. On the way to AAV i was using my eGo twist in the car ride there. When i screwed in the same cart/tank into the zmax, there is a huge difference in vapor and taste. Trying to now sell my two eGo 900mAH twist batteries w/ chargers; they are two weeks old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread