ZNA first impressions, gripes and kudos...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I finally got my ZNA this week and over all I love it, with with a few exceptions..... the same problem that everyone else has.... the damn top cap. Nothing at all sits flush. I removed the screw and still nothing sits flush, to me it looks like the insulator that the screw screws into is a thread or two too long. I have heard rumors about HOH coming out with a new adjustable cap (at a cost!!) hmmmm $279+ ($30-$50) $330 or so seems a bit excessive. The switch.... while i like the position and the feel, I am weary to throw it into my pocket as of fear it will fire (know 5 clicks off and 5 clicks on but I just wanna pull it out and vape) , I saw Zen on a Cigar Babe vid and he was unscrewing the bottom cap 1 turn to shut it down.... this would be great but it is not the case on my PV..... and finally..... the threads, at least on mine, to say that I am not impressed is an understatement. So my usual everyday all day Vape is my SID, I do not care if it gets screwed up due to its price point, only about $50.... the threads on this (SID) make the threads on the ZNA seem HORRIBLE!!! I will say that the more I use them the better they get, I would, however,expect better at this price point. I got mine from SteamMonkey, with the brass tube it looks SWEET! Quality of the overall machining of the PV body (less the threads) is spot on. Overall to me it is a solid solid PV, the form factor and ergonomics are perfect, and the dna chip, well it is a dna chip, you could put it in an Altoids box and would vape the same as the ZNA. The boot up screen is a very nice touch (I have number 483). Do I feel it is worth the $$$???? YES, as an Engineer by trade, I can appreciate the Design and Engineering that went into this as well as the amount of machining time. Thanks for listening......

As an engineer, Doesnt it make make you wonder why topper dont fit flush and the buttons are too sensative? Exactly what part of their buttocks was covering their heads when they completed this thing.

I wanted one myself, like REALLY bad.......but those problems make me say.... "I'll Pass"

the up/down buttons do not bother me as they can be locked....

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
The flush thing is the only minus for me. The fire button is one of my favorite things about it, yes it's very soft if pressed at the bottom but the further you move up toward the pin that holds it in place the stiffer it gets, allows for a lot of preference imo and the 5 clicks to activate and deactivate only takes a second. I think they hit a home run with that button design. My up/down buttons sit flush with the middle of the body so I don't see much of a problem with getting pressed accidentally and they also can be locked.

Last edited:

eda123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2013
Austin
Agree on the threads-- mainly the tube threading into the unit itself. The battery threading and the top cap threading are smooth for me.

The flush mount thing... well, ive found it is exactly like my Provari. What leaves a gap on the provari leaves the same gap on the ZNA. My russian fits 100% flush with no issues. My Atomic RDA doesnt, but it doesnt sit flush on my provari either. So this is a gripe, but a gripe im used to.. i think to tell you the truth the issue may lie in the 510 for what you are putting on top, rather than the mod. I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread