• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Zombie Tag - Training for the Real Thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreakyStylie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
The Internet
I just wanted to see if anybody plays this. I'm trying to get enough people to get a good game going in my town. There is a group in Eugene that plays this, and the stories are pretty great.

The object of the game is simple. Don't get turned into a zombie. When there is only one human left, the game is over. Then, you start again. Zombies carry a visible black bandanna, humans carry a white one.

The game is easy and can take days to complete. They meet (usually electronically) and decide who the first zombie is going to be, then they go about their normal business. When you see one of the participants, you either try to avoid them or turn them into a zombie, depending on your current living status. If you are tagged by a zombie, you must change your bandanna to reflect that you are now a zombie, and then you go in search of humans.

You can stun a zombie for fifteen minutes by sneaking up and tagging them to allow yourself time to finish your business if you see them at the grocery store and you don't want your ice cream to melt, or something along those lines. Humans do not win face to face confrontations, zombies do.

I've only got a handful of people that want to play, and that wouldn't work well because we don't all cross paths that often. It works best with a good network that spreads across town. When we get enough interested people, and actually start playing, I'm sure the numbers will climb rather quickly when people see how interesting it is.

A friend of mine in Eugene said he was last turned into a zombie because he was shopping at Home Depot when a little girl tapped him on the back and said "I'm sorry" as she showed him her black bandanna.

Anyway, I have been lurking around here and hadn't seen this yet. I just thought I'd share, plus it might be interesting to get some other people's input on how to make it more fun.

Oh yeah, and . . . nice group!

technovapir

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2010
Seattle, WA, USA
Both of my sons got to play this when they were in college. It was a terrific way to meet people on campus and practice the tactics necessary to prepare for life in a Zombie filled future. Several colleges have had to stop it early (it usually lasts a month) due to complaints about the "noise"... There were several websites dedicated to the rules, and tracking who was still human & who wasn't. Fortunately both my boys ended the seasons as human. whew!!!

whynotvap

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
amerika
If you are looking for more people in your area, you can always try recruiting from the regional forums here or your local game store. Be careful who you recruit though as some 'gamers' can be more tenacious than a zombie... even after the game is 'over'. Otherwise, technovapir hit the other hot spots. Back in the day it was called 'Assassin' and included booby traps, 'poisons', and other anti-social methods like the banana gun instead of the 'tag'. My personal favorite was the solar powered balloon 'bomb'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread