zombie tongue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm also ridiculously frustrated with this whole "vape tongue" thing. For the past couple of days I can hardly (or at all) taste vape juice. I usually vape a strong menthol and alternate with a fruit. I've tried any wacky idea I can find to no avail. Vaping a really strong flavor, rinsing my mouth with vinegar or lemon juice (sorry tooth enamel), hydrating, brushing my teeth, etc. Absolutely nothing will fix it or even help. If anyone has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it!

Taowulf

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2014
Bend OR
I'm also ridiculously frustrated with this whole "vape tongue" thing. For the past couple of days I can hardly (or at all) taste vape juice. I usually vape a strong menthol and alternate with a fruit. I've tried any wacky idea I can find to no avail. Vaping a really strong flavor, rinsing my mouth with vinegar or lemon juice (sorry tooth enamel), hydrating, brushing my teeth, etc. Absolutely nothing will fix it or even help. If anyone has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it!

Try sniffing coffee. Not snorting it, just sniff it for the aroma.

Ms.P

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2014
Mid-Missouri, USA
Try sniffing coffee. Not snorting it, just sniff it for the aroma.

I don't know why this works, and I hope to heck no one ever sees me doing it, but it does work. lol One of the - dang, I've lost count - many little tips and tricks I've learned here.

Welcome, Arprok13!

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
my favorite vape tastes like nothing:unsure:

What happens is the "flavor" really comes from your nose (olfactory glands).
You mouth only tastes sweet, sour etc.
Like having a cold and you can't taste the flavors.
Anyway .. using the same flavor all day gets boring to your mind, and it then shuts the flavor out, like white noise.

Have you every been in a house with an unpleasant odor? ...
Have you noticed that if you stayed there long enough, you didn't notice it anymore ??
Same thing ... brain gets bored with the same-o.. same-o and turns it off.

Some people lose it for days, some for weeks.
There are things you can do to shock the glands back into service, like taking the lid off of the coffee can, and breathing the fresh fumes of ground coffee, scrubbing you teeth and tongue, eating hot peppers, sipping pickle juice ... vapers have tried it all.

Just keep a rotation of flavors (several mods) going and you'll be fine.
Variety makes for better vaping anyway.

Last edited:

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
I rotate flavors. I have my early day vape and my night time vape. My night vape is usually a harsher vape, my morning vape is usually a mild clear juice. I also vape different flavors with my coffee, usually bakery. I dont get vapers tongue any more but when i did, i would drink a glass of water, brush my teeth, rinse with mouth wash, drink another glass of water. Wait about half an hour, and then drink some soda. That took care of it for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

neyel8r

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2014
i've got a case of the vaper's tongue as well & i read in a similar thread to "huff" coffee... i imagine fresh ground beans would work best but i used instant & it seems to have helped, along with drinking some pickled jalapeno juice & brushing my teeth.

Ms.P

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2014
Mid-Missouri, USA
i've got a case of the vaper's tongue as well & i read in a similar thread to "huff" coffee... i imagine fresh ground beans would work best but i used instant & it seems to have helped, along with drinking some pickled jalapeno juice & brushing my teeth.

8-o ohmigoodness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread