The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Viewing blog entries in category: Bad Things

  • simplynewt
    I went to my 1st Vape Meet on the 30th of October and it was not at all what I expected it to be and some of what I expected. Since this was my first one, I had so looked forward to it for at least a month or better and when the day came to attend, I could not get out of work fast enough. When I finally got there, the room which was roughly the size of a 3 car garage was already packed with clouds and it hung in the air like a thick carpet. The Meet was scheduled to start at 3pm and I had made it there between 3:30 and 4pm.

    I was eager to go to this meet as I had purchased a couple raffle tickets earlier and wanted to win a Mech Mod so I could give Dripping a go. Shortly after getting there, I purchased a couple more in high hopes of winning something. Well they started pulling names about 20 minutes after I got there and pulled names every 30 minutes or so after that. I sat there in the thickness of the air and watched my good intentions go right out the window. The raffle was bogus as there was one person who had won 3 different times. Before I came to Alabama and before I stepped foot into this Vape Meet, I always thought that if you won a raffle, you were disqualified from any further drawings so other people who have been sitting there for 3 hours might have a chance to win something. Well, not true at this Vape Meet. Then the straw that broke the camels back was when one of the employees of the shop won a drawing. That is when I thought to myself that this was a line of dung and I wasted not only my money on those stinking raffle tickets but also the 4 hours I was holed up in this room with high hopes of at least winning a freaking tee shirt.

    They started getting names for the Cloud Competition and that is when I made my move to head on down the road on mark this one up as done and very reluctant to attend another one of these local Vape Meets. I am sure that this may not be the case at other Vape Meets and I will eagerly attend one should the opportunity arise for me to do so. Just a bad experience for me this time. I will continue to frequent the establishment as they sell a particular brand of juice I am very fond of and I can get a pack of coils in a hurry there. Good people work there and with the fact that this is the 1st Meet they hosted, maybe they will do a better job the next time they have one.

    Time Will Tell.
  • simplynewt
    Well here recently I have been dealing with major Tank Issues. I would be at work and would vape all the juice out of the tank I have on my eGo in my lunchbox around lunchtime. I would then go out to my truck and get a back up tank and screw it on and before I knew it, it would be girgling and I would be tasting the juice in a way that I would rather not taste. I recently went through 3 tanks that I had in the truck and lost the juice in all of them. Fortunately I didnot mess with one and I was able to vape that on my way home where my trusty Vamo was waiting.

    While vaping that, I started working on the Mini's. I went through a whole pack of coils trying to fix the leaking issue. I tried breaking them down and washing them with warm water and drying them off. I did that 3 or 4 times with all 3. No luck. I lost almost a whole bottle of juice trying to fix the issues I was having with these mini tanks.

    Finally got one to work, the original one I had in my lunchbox and one was halfway working. The other one I threw back in the box and wrote it off as defective. On my way home today I stopped in my trusted local BM and started asking questions. Appairently when I was washing the tanks, I lost the upper and lower oring that goes between the glass and the metal. I also found out that I should not leave the tanks in the truck if the temperature is going to exceed 80 degrees. It has been getting around 95 during the heat of the day here.

    So what turned out to be a total greenhorn mistake x2 allmost cost me my time being smoke free and a lot of frustration and anxiety. So now I am hunting for orings and an air conditioner I can run while I am at work to keep my tanks cool while they are resting in my truck waiting for me to devour their foggy goodness.