ATTN VENDORS! (rant) Do NOT email us a shipping notice & tracking number...

Status
Not open for further replies.

drksideken

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Syracuse, IN, USA
I'd say always do some research about the places your ordering from. For instance, I knew that fasttech was horribly slow on shipping to the U.S. because I googled the question "how fast is fasttech shipping" and got the info I needed. I did the same when I started ordering my juice online and then finally my DIY stuff. If someone asked the question, someone has answered it on some forum somewhere. I don't trust the reviews on the vendor sites at all because they can manipulate those to only show the positives. Not saying I don't trust any vendors, only that trust is earned and the best source for information is your fellow customers.

we2rcool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Iowa, IA, USA
Oh dear, we should have more "specific", I guess. We just mean this to be a lil' rant about the vendors (we are sure) that do this!

Fwiw - we2 were eBay sellers for almost a decade; we now ship (and sometimes receive) 25-100 parcels all over the world weekly (a very small percentage are vape mail). We are fully aware of the various shipping/tracking/email/systems, and how they all work together (if/when they do :::eyeroll:::); and we know how they differ (sometimes substantially) from station/location to station/location (with/out personnel variances)...no matter what the official doctrine of the carrier and/or 'hybrid' system).

Emails are sent "automatically" (they're created and sent, or created, opened & await manual sending) when one prints off the shipping label, BUT the content of that automated email is entirely up to the seller (even the most simple of shipping/label systems typically come with a "template email" that is customizable).

All we're saying is (for those vendors to whom this applies) - have some common courtesy, and take a few minutes to create an 'automated email' that reflects reality - something like:

Your order has been packaged & processed, is ready for shipping and is awaiting pick-up by USPS/other. Once USPS/other has picked up/scanned your parcel, the tracking is typically updated online within a few hours. They could even go so far :::gasp::: as to say something like - we estimate your parcel will be picked up within 24-48 hours.

There are several vendors that we purchase from (example: orders are placed on Thursday and labels are printed out Friday/Saturday morning), that consistently send "your order has shipped" emails within 8-24 hours after ordering, but the package isn't picked up and/or scanned in until Monday or Tuesday.

That is obviously not the fault of the carrier - that is the result of the carrier not being notified, or the package not being "shipped" (or made ready for the carrier). Upon contacting these vendors (if/when we care enough to bother), we have been told several variations of "we only schedule deliveries twice a week" OR "we only go to post office when we have enough packages to make it worth the trip" OR "we were behind", etc.

Our scheduling/life/business and DIYing are all ballz-to-da-wallz tight. If we place an order on a Thursday, we plan, according to the 'shipping notifications' if we're going to be able to pull off an all-night-DIY-session the following weekend...or not. If the parcel is not actually shipped until Monday or Tuesday (and hence ends up not arriving by the weekend, due to carrier bs), then wethinks it's good for a rant :)

'We just wanted to let off a little steam...and figgered others might have some corked up, too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread