Status
Not open for further replies.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
I like the looks of this but it's been a very long time since I have had a build at .2 ohms or over, usually build .08-.15 range and while I would like this since it can't fire below .20 ohms it would a waste.
The vaping Biker Review said it actually fires coils below .2ohm. He showed it did in the review & surmised that they only said that on the package to keep people from overtaxing a single 18650 or the existing wiring.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
I'm probably going to wait on it and order from a different place or buy from a B&M. I have other needs at the moment, mainly restocking my 30/34/36g/ribbon wires & I want a new atty....and a new mod lol
$37.99 at Angelcigs after 5% off, but you will have to pay $5.00 shipping. They say they have about 45 in stock that will ship on 9/15: Coil Master 521 Tab $37.99 | Vaping Cheap

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Guess I should have ordered it from AngelCigs on the 8th because I probably would have had it shipped already. Instead I was figuring Coilmaster themselves would have restocked after 9/15 and I'd be able to order from them with free shipping. Pretty sad when Angelcigs can get stock on the item and Coilmaster cannot. What is up with that?

Coilmaster should provide timely updates and ETAs to their potential customers on their site.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
I'm assuming, always a good idea, that it's a wire welder. For non resistance leads. I was gonna make one from a disposable flash camera. Add some extra caps for a little more pop.
I used to make coil guns out of em.
Did you by any chance take the 521 Tab apart and see if there was room to add the camera flash board inside the base? Adding a flash board to the fire circuit of this to add the NR Zapper Wire Welder to this unit seems like a great DIY upgrade that belongs in the Coilmaster 521 Tab.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
What does that mean? Knew they mismanufactured some in the first load and literally replaced the entire run but I never really understood why. What was wrong with the first load of them? Isn't a 510 thread just a 510 thread?

The 510 threads worked for some attires, but NOT all. You can see how that would be problematic. Threading was off a bit and not totally standard, they seem to be reeling from this, but have taken care of early buyers, albeit slowly. Still showing as "out of stock" on their own site, hence my question regarding the availability of them at WakeAndVape, hopefully not an early shipment from Chinese slow boat! I don't own too many atties and tanks, so I don't want to find this problem later. I placed an order, but also wrote them, hopefully I'll get a truthful response. I did not see them as a vendor here on ECF. Now you know.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
working with some attys and not others would imply that the throw on the center pin would be the problem wouldn't it? Maybe the center pin didn't have a long enough travel to reach attys with shorter 510s? Threading is threading -- sort of an all or nothing kind of thing.

I remembered reading about that a while ago after you mentioned it and I guess I just forgot about it or figured it was taken care of by now. At any rate I did just send them an email asking the question. If it is a coilmaster unit they should offer the same warranty as if you bought it directly from them.

I've got more than a few 510s and a 7mmx.05 tap here if it comes to it in the interim.

Last edited:

Gummy Bare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
San Diego, California
Dang, glad I didn't get one of these yet then. Might have to in the future though. I used to be the co-op King, getting in sooooo many of them here and on FB groups. We would always get vape gear (china, Philippines, you name it) first run. Long before any shops or online retailers did. I learned the hard way that the first run of anything is a major gamble. I have drawers filled with jacked up gear.

Now I buy smarter (no co-ops for sure).... But I'm still a sucker for new shinny things with buttons, so I make mistakes and end up with duds and start the long and difficult return process.

That's the best thing about buying from B&M's.... If you got a blatant factory defect, you get a instant replacement or your money back. But most B&M's charge more for things, so that's the trade off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gummy Bare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
San Diego, California
Has anyone purchased the Coil Master DIY Kit they also make? I noticed they have a version 2 of it already... Which was pretty quick, wondering what was wrong with the first one and how the quality is in general of there products. They obviously get their stuff subcontracted from china. Not sure if they do QC, testing, visual checks, etc on their end once it arrives from china.... Or if they just get them in and ship them right out to the end customers.

Freedom2Vape

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2015
Texas
Also, the screwdriver changed from muli-function to 2 separate screwdrivers. They removed the plastic box, leaving room for a small spool of wire and 2 batteries. The scissors are better, too. They upgraded the coiler to v3 - which are longer and made the caps double sided so that only 3 are required.

Gummy Bare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
San Diego, California
They changed the wire cutters and pliers in the kit & went with the new coiler w/ up to 4mm mandrel w/ the silicone block mandrel holder in the V2. The change cut their production cost & gave the user a more suited wire cutter/coiler & they charged more.
Also, the screwdriver changed from muli-function to 2 separate screwdrivers. They removed the plastic box, leaving room for a small spool of wire and 2 batteries. The scissors are better, too. They upgraded the coiler to v3 - which are longer and made the caps double sided so that only 3 are required.

Nice, sounds like they changed a lot more than I thought (couldn't remember what the older one exactly looked like). I need to pick one up one of these days.... Even if just for traveling and building buddies stuff while out out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread