DAWN(DIYflavorshack) & MILITARY :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

brownbrown4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2009
San Diego
Myself (navy) and my friend/co-worker(marine-ssgt select), just did a group buy from Dawn and Greg at DIYFLAVORSHACK.com.

1st. The order was made with the 1st time buyers 10% off.
Then there was a prompt email with an Invoice change. DAWN emailed and said that we should have gotten 15% off because we were military... She corrected the price !
Not because she had too, but because she wanted to show her appreciation for US!
Soo the package came.. and when we opened it. she had added pipette's(sp?), funnel, extra bottles and some extra juice for us to try!
I heard some where that someone was talking trash on Dawn for not giving them a/their military discount... that's such BullS**T !!

TO Fellow military:
A military dicount is NOT a right ! it is a Privledge! And vendors that offer a Mil Discount do it out of the goodness of their heart.
So dont expect it. And if you dont get one suck it up... Most the stores in military towns dont offer crap for us...

Kyle say's " i concure" <-- marines !?!?!?!

Dawn thank you for your great contact, generosity, quicker than stated processing :thumbs:, and Respect for Our hard work....

If i had a company i'd offer a Dawn discount for you:D

V/r

BB and Kyle....

Yep I am a former HM3 84-00 corpsman and LOVE the fact of the military discount. IMHO not enough big businesses did it, more mom and pop places did tho. I choose to support the smaller guys who support our troops.

Besides the customer love and dedication she has for the civies the extra military love is the best.

Oh and Brown its George not greg :)

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
I have one local store that insists on giving me a military discount because I'm a veteran with a purple heart. I actually wish they wouldn't, and that they would save the discounts for folks who are currently serving and need all the extra money they can get, but they won't take no for an answer. It's just a little mom & pop store, so I try to make up for it by sending my kids in to spend more money there. I'm sneaky like that. :D

Dawn and her hubby are great folks. My mom is nuts over her cotton candy juice, too.

brownbrown4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2009
San Diego
I have one local store that insists on giving me a military discount because I'm a veteran with a purple heart. I actually wish they wouldn't, and that they would save the discounts for folks who are currently serving and need all the extra money they can get, but they won't take no for an answer. It's just a little mom & pop store, so I try to make up for it by sending my kids in to spend more money there. I'm sneaky like that. :D

Dawn and her hubby are great folks. My mom is nuts over her cotton candy juice, too.
LOL, still earning that purple heart... taking care of others!!
Well done!

Luv2CUSmile

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2009
NC
Isn't Dawn & George cool for this! I don't feel it's a right either but I sure do appreciate it when it is available and given... We live in a military town though so there are many places that give military discounts here- Some places even have a special day for military... It feels good to know you are still appreciated- My son just went to Alabama to honor the flight of the WWII vets- They performed for them and then did a presentation of arms and things... (We didn't get to go and are still waiting on the DVD)... One of the soldiers gave my son a coin!!!
The coin was such a highlight for him! My husband even wanted it when he got home- LOL
My husband has 2 that were given to him and one he "earned"...
He is in JROTC and quite decorated for various recognitions... he just made more rank and will be in another parade in 2 weeks... Oh, and he is in Raiders as well as Honor Guard and Drill Team...
Dawn is awesome! You all will enjoy the order!

dawnmarie

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Las Vegas Nevada
www.diyflavorshack.com
PLEASE you guys... PLEASE let me know somehow that you are Military... Even call me 1000 times i will call back or email back..
I explained my being not well and we straighten it all out.. I guess some people pull things on you guys.. and thats not right.. So its all cleared up and all good..
but i do want you to know I give the discount...i looked back and i have a few of you guys that didnt tell me..

PLEASE tell me as you are special.. and thank you..

Ive been out form a nearly a decade hun!
No where up here did anyone do Military discounts except for the newport aquarium and that was pulling teeth since my ID was navy not coast guard. So I stopped asking for it when I was in hell I stopped carrying my ID with me unless I was going on base.

Mind you this was all pre 2000 and the clinton admin, not everything was roses and peachy in this area to military in any fashion.

So ya Dawn it is jsut another feather in your guy's cap that you offer it. Just another reason to sing you more praises.

brownbrown4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2009
San Diego
Isn't Dawn & George cool for this! I don't feel it's a right either but I sure do appreciate it when it is available and given... We live in a military town though so there are many places that give military discounts here- Some places even have a special day for military... It feels good to know you are still appreciated- !

yes, i only can think of 3-5 suppilers ( off the top of my head)that give discounts or mil. or freebies for FPO or AP addresses..

Heck yea it feels good to still be appreciated... even after 10 years in..
Now a day's its there's a whole different attitude toward us... in general....

brownbrown4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2009
San Diego
Ive been out form a nearly a decade hun!
No where up here did anyone do Military discounts except for the newport aquarium and that was pulling teeth since my ID was navy not coast guard.
I've found that in non military towns i get much more respect and love, and thanks's <--real word?? especially in uniform.

Yes i was a booter in the clinton times... i remember...
but he still gave decent raises..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread