detailed Fling Mini vs. NJOY King comparison, anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

machinestatic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Massachusetts
Out of pure curiosity I impulsively bought an njoy King to try, and my opinion echoes many of the threads here. The price is ridiculously high for the battery life so I would not buy them often, but price aside, it was the most cigarette-like e-cig I've used since I started buying them over 2 years ago. The squishiness, weight, paper wrapping, tightness of the draw, heat, not overly minty menthol... I was totally impressed. But again, they're too expensive to regularly use.

So, I googled similar products and found some threads here about the White Cloud Fling Mini. And I've got to say, at $29 for a 10 pack and an included 3-cig carrying case, I could see myself placing a few orders a month... if they are comparable to the NJOY. So does anyone have the scoop? How do the products really compare to each other?

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
I was a huge Njoy King fan, and bought way more of those then I should have. I liked them so much I started recharging them. Anyway, I bought tons of the mini flings recently as something to use on occasion, and honestly I think they are about 95% as good as the Njoy Kings, for about 30% of the price.

I don't think a detailed review or comparison is really necessary for such simple products, but I'll give you a quick comparison.

-They are the exact same size and weight, that is to say the size of a real cig.

-The Njoy's ash cap is more detailed and realistic looking, but the Fling Mini's ash cap is still better looking and more realistic than the vast majority of other cigalikes out there.

-They last the same amount of time as far as I can tell. Recent Njoys that I have purchased have had many issues, among them being unusually short life span (reduced from an already short one) so if anything I'd say the Flings last longer, or are at least more consistent.

-Flavor wise, the Flings don't match up to the Kings. I personally love both flavors (the regular Fling and Njoy King flavor) but they are not similar at all. So don't expect the Njoy king flavor, the Fling doesn't have that paper taste or the smokeyness. It's more sweet and tangy tasting to me.

-The "paper" on the Fling isn't as realistic as the King. It's more shiny and smooth, where as the King's is soft and slightly textured feeling and does a great job of replicating paper. Not really a big issue for me personally.

Overall I think the Flings are an excellent replacement for the Kings, assuming you can find a flavor you like (they have tons) Random info, the plastic tubes the Flings are made out of is a black-smoked colored clear tube, not the solid white tube of the Kings. I took the wrapper off one (well, more than one) and it looks kind of cool.

Hope this helps!

machinestatic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Massachusetts
I don't think a detailed review or comparison is really necessary for such simple products, but I'll give you a quick comparison.

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. That was actually pretty detailed, and it covered everything I was wondering about. Thank you, I'll place a White Cloud order this week.

With all of the fussing, and buying dozens of cartomizers, the dozens of juices I try, carto punchers, tank air flow controllers, all this crap... it sure was relaxing to just hang that NJOY from my mouth and toss it when it died. It was like a little vacation from vaping, yet it's still not smoking.

Edit: Though, I have to admit it's tough to pull the trigger on a pack of Fling Minis when the regular Flings are the same price. I LOVE the size of the NJOY so I know I'd like the Minis, but economically the regular Flings win by a long shot. Eh, I'll have to give it some thought.

Any chance someone reading can take a photo of a Fling next to a Fling Mini? Anyway, thanks again UncleChuck.

Last edited:

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
That was actually pretty detailed,

When writing the post I first thought there really wasn't much to say about the King vs fling, then while comparing the two I realized there was more to say than I thought ;)

If nobody else gets a pic with the fling mini vs the fullsize I might be able to get one by next weekend. A buddy of mine who also likes the minis wanted to try the fullsize since it lasts so much longer for the same price, last I heard from him he was going to place an order for the fullsize ones, so I should be able to get a pic of the two together next time I see him.

machinestatic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Massachusetts
When writing the post I first thought there really wasn't much to say about the King vs fling, then while comparing the two I realized there was more to say than I thought ;)

If nobody else gets a pic with the fling mini vs the fullsize I might be able to get one by next weekend. A buddy of mine who also likes the minis wanted to try the fullsize since it lasts so much longer for the same price, last I heard from him he was going to place an order for the fullsize ones, so I should be able to get a pic of the two together next time I see him.

Oh, no worries then, but thanks! I'm itching to place an order so I'm thinking of getting a 10-pack of the Minis and then a single regular size Fling so I can see how big it is. I've seen it described on this forum as "huge" and "comically large." haha

Update: order has been placed.

Last edited:

Flavored

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
USA
You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. That was actually pretty detailed, and it covered everything I was wondering about. Thank you, I'll place a White Cloud order this week.

With all of the fussing, and buying dozens of cartomizers, the dozens of juices I try, carto punchers, tank air flow controllers, all this crap... it sure was relaxing to just hang that NJOY from my mouth and toss it when it died. It was like a little vacation from vaping, yet it's still not smoking.

Edit: Though, I have to admit it's tough to pull the trigger on a pack of Fling Minis when the regular Flings are the same price. I LOVE the size of the NJOY so I know I'd like the Minis, but economically the regular Flings win by a long shot. Eh, I'll have to give it some thought.

Any chance someone reading can take a photo of a Fling next to a Fling Mini? Anyway, thanks again UncleChuck.

Post # 6 of this thread: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...es/410315-white-cloud-flings-fast-review.html

machinestatic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Massachusetts

Sorry Flavored, I meant to thank you a couple days ago. God, the regular Flings are HUGE, aren't they? Still, part of me is secretly hoping that I love them so much that I can only buy them and nothing else. It'd be so nice to not have to always hunt for who has my cartos in stock in the right color and resistance, order a dozen juices at a time and not like any of them, charge 18650 batteries, buy new tanks I hate, repeat, repeat, repeat. I'm starting to think I may be happy trading all of that for just 3 bucks a day. Am I crazy? :p

machinestatic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Massachusetts
Well, I placed my order with 2-day shipping because I was excited, I got it today, and the regular sized Fling is NOT in the box. That figures, huh? :D But I sent the company a message. Not a big deal, it's just 6 bucks. But I hope they send me a new one or give me a coupon code or something. Still really looking forward to trying the Minis tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread