E-GO LED e-cig button not functioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ldratio

Mar 16, 2014
United Kingdom
Hi this is my first post, couldn't seem to make a thread in the maintenance section where this thread is probably better suited. Couldn't find anything related in the search either, or on Google, which is why I joined.

Two months or so ago, I purchased an E-GO electronic cigarette, not sure of the name (pictures in the link below) but it is the £20-£25 model that has a LED screen that displays battery life, everything has been going great with it, I've got my nicotine intake down dramatically and spend about £3 a fortnight on liquid, which is great.

The problem occurred yesterday when the button to trigger the vapour stopped working, the button no longer seems to click or push in, it seems like it is stuck in place, It randomly decided to do this, nothing happened externally that triggered this to happen, it just decided to get stuck. After fiddling with the button for five minutes, and pushing it from certain angles upwards and downwards, I can sometimes get it to light up blue/switch on and release vapour, but then it will go off after one puff which is incredibly annoying. And because of it being stuck it's hard to turn off and sometimes turns on itself, because of the 5 push button on/off technique these E-GO's have. As you can see from the photos provided, the button isn't stuck in, it looks completely normal, but it won't push in, it's that kind of jam.

My (unexperienced) opinion on what has happened is that some liquid has leaked down into the battery where the button is, trapping it from movement, if this is the most likely scenario, is it possible to dry out the inside? I can't see any way of getting inside the battery compartment. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Photos:

e-cig1.jpg

e-cig2.jpg

Sorry for low-res photos. Had a high quality link for imgur for people to see, but the forum doesn't allow that obviously.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

artt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
michigan
Welcome to the forum! As for the battery, unless your an electronics expert, they can be difficult to diagnose or fix. In a way they are a disposable item. I would contact the vendor where purchased and see if they will help you out. Long term you might consider a mechanical mod. I take the outlook of no wire, no solder, no troubles.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
If it's jammed, it's as good as dead.

I've had 3 jammed batteries. You can often prize out the rubber/plastic firing button and get a few more days, but it won't last long.

What you have is a £6 Fasttech ego VV. They are shocking for reliability.

I sent one of mine away to a "modder" who fixed it up with a new switch. It came back the other day actually and I need to charge it up.

Even in the hands of an expert, the battery is pretty messed up as getting the top section out of the tube is tough... they are not supposed to be dismantled.

Get a Spinner or iTasteVV...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread