EMDCC or tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wevie

Feb 8, 2011
Iowa
Greetings. I have been out of the loop for a couple years. Still vaping, but haven't looked at any new offerings for a long time. I bought an ego-T when the first came out. I enjoy the convenience of the tank but could not stand the burnt flavor. Since then I've bee using ego batts with a boge carto refilling several times per day and replacing the carto on a weekly basis.

I recently purchased a clearomizer from cigtech. First couple days it was great but after a week it has the worn out burnt taste. I don't see any easy method to disassemble and clean it.

Now I'm interested in finding the convenience of a tank system with the low cost/maintenance of a carto.

Option one is a tank system where I can replace the carts weekly. I have looked at a Phiniac tank which of course needs punched cartos. Roughly $2.50 per week for a replacement carto.

I've also just looked at the eGo Mega Dual Coil Cartomizers. Looks like it would hold a days worth of juice and possibly give me greater vapor with the dual coil. I've never tried a dual or LR carto.

What is the life expectance of the EMDCC? Are they similar to a standard carto where I'll want a new one weekly? Looks like they are under $3 before shipping.

Would I be better off spending the money for a good tank - Phiniac - and buying punched cartos? Are the LR cartos safe on a 1000 mah ego-t battery?

What is the expected difference between LR and dual coil cartos?

menthollight

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2009
USA
I usually get 2 weeks from an EMDCC, but quality control varies, and I sometimes only get one week and sometimes get three weeks. I only use it while away from home, though, and it does last me through the entire work day and then some.

At home I use a Boge 510 carto in a tank. Buying pre-punched cartos is convenient, but it's easy to punch your own and it cuts the carto cost in half. I usually use a saddle valve similar to this one which I bought at Home Depot, but there are other types of punches available like this one.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I'll agree with menthollight on 2 weeks tops on emdcc's unless you have that plunger carto cleaning kit - that actually works :) Almost all cartos get nappy and tend to lose draw after too long.

You might look into the eGo-c atty set - they don't have the burning aspect that the t's had. You can go with a 'starter' kit that just includes the atty holder, atty head and tank, here:

https://www.cignot.com/product_p/egc-str-all.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread