Espion Solo with ProCore Air Kit - Joyetech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi ECF members, In this review i take a look at the Espion Solo with ProCore Air Kit from joyetech. The Espion Solo with ProCore Air Kit was supplied for the purpose of this review by Ella from joyetech.

http://www.joyetech.com/product/espion-s...ocore-air/

In the Box

Contents:

1x ESPION Solo mod
1x ProCore Air Atomizer
2x ProCA (0.4ohm) head
1x 18650 battery sleeve
1x QC USB cable
2x Manual
1x Warranty card
2x Warning card
Spare parts

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

When i reviewed the Espion i made a point of saying what a classy looking device it was and it wouldn't look out of place being pulled out of a suit pocket and the Espion Solo follows suit (pardon the pun). I received the Gun Metal but the Solo is also available in Black, Pink (Salmon Pink), and dazzling, the ProCore Air included in the kit is the latest of the ProCore series of tanks and come in the same 4 colours as the Espion Solo so the tank matches which ever colour device you get. Both sides of the device has a grooved effect central very similar to on the Espion there is also a tiny plaque on both sides which says "Joyetech" one side and "ESPION SOLO" the other. The spine of the device locks over the sides via magnets top and bottom with the rest sitting flush, when removed the included single 21700 or 18650 with included adaptor can be fitted. The top and bottom sections of the front of the device protrude, the top houses the large rectangular, brushed metal fire button with "10th Anniversary" etched on, the bottom houses the lock button and micro USB port. The central section of the front of the device is where we have the 1.3" OLED touchscreen. The bottom has 2 venting holes and safety stamps, moving to the top we have to one side the gold plated, spring loaded 510. The build quality of the Espion Solo is excellent and it has a very retro, high class look to it. The device is quite tall but slim and with it's curved spine and large fire button it feels comfortable to hold and very natural to fire.

ProCore Air Specs:

Size: 25.0mm x 56.0mm (4.5ml)/ 22.0mm x 49.0mm (2.0ml)
Capacity: 4.5ml/2.0ml
Applicable heads: ProC series heads
Thread: 510
Innovative push-to-open top filling system
Adjustable bottom airflow
Colours: Gun Metal, Black, Pink, Dazzling

ProCore Air Overview

The ProCore Air is yet another version of the ProCore tank which i've reviewed countless times. This latest version includes the introduction of a new coil the ProCA 0.4 best of 55 to 65w. I found the coil rated too high and i actually found the best flavour at 45w although it was a cool vape, once i went over 50w the vape seemed very dry. That being said there are many coil options for the ProCore tank and in general i find the ProC coils excellent stock coils for flavour and longevity. The ProCore tanks i would describe as above average sub-ohm tanks and because i've reviewed different versions of the tank in the past rather than doing a full review below is a link to a previous review which included a more in depth look at the ProCore.

Joyetech Espion with ProCore X

Espion Solo Specs:

Mod size: 25.5mm(L)x 39.5mm(W) x 81.0mm(H)
Screen type: 1.3 inch OLED touchscreen
Screen size: 64 x 128 px
Output wattage: 1-80W
Output mode: Power/RTC/Bypass/TC(Ni, Ti, SS316)/TCR modes
Resistance range: 0.05-1.5ohm for TC/TCR mode
0.1-3.5ohm for Power mode
Temperature range: 100-315°C/ 200-600°F
Cell using: single replaceable high rate 21700(included)/18650 cell (CDR25A)
Max charging current: 2A
Max output current: 30A
Max output voltage: 9V
Thread: spring-loaded 510
Colours: Gun Metal, Black, Pink, Dazzling

Features

10th anniversary limited edition
1.3-inch particularly responsive touchscreen
Compatible with 21700/18650 battery
80W Max output
Lock intelligently
Magnetic battery cover for convenient exchange
Applicable with various tanks
Equalizing charge system
Supporting 2A quick charge
Onboard reverse polarity protection
Dual circuit protection
Upgradeable firmware

Using the Espion Solo

The Solo has a touchscreen which employs touches and swipes to operate and once i got use to when to swipe i found it a dream to operate, it also has retro style simple text and graphics in keeping with the look of the device. The Solo is the standard 5 clicks on and off, once on to operate the touchscreen needs to be unlocked by pressing the unlock button, every time the fire button is pressed or there is a few seconds of inactivity the screen locks but unlocking the screen via a dedicated button works really well. When the screen is unlocked arrows appear on the screen top and bottom which can be touched to adjust wattage up and down when in power or RTC mode or temperature when in temp control. The screen can also be swiped left or right, swiping the screen right lists the current status of the device, battery percent left, the set time, current wattage, resistance and puffs. Swiping the screen to the left displays 4 icons which are mode, info, set and exit, touching info allows you to see the current voltage of the battery, hardware and firmware versions. Mode gives you the options of power, RTC, TC, TCR and bypass, settings allows you to lock the resistance, set the wattage for temp control, change the subpara, set the clock, select preheat and set timeout. For any change to take affect in the sub menus for example when you set the clock, you need to swipe off the screen after alterations have been made if you allow the touchscreen to lock first the old settings will still apply.

Performance

The Espion Solo performed as solidly as it looks with no noticeable delay and the fire button feels really nice. As well as the ProCore Air i also used the Solo with my usual tanks when i test devices the Zeus and the Berserker Mini. The performance of the touchscreen i was very impressed with as it responded to every touch and swipe during the whole time using it. A 25mm tank sits really nice on top of the device but tanks any bigger will start to give overhang. I found the device efficient as even with a 18650 battery the life seemed slightly better than average for a single battery device and the life with the included 21700 battery was very good. The only disappointment to me was it doesn't have a curve feature but apart from that i couldn't fault it. The device is fully firmware upgradeable.

Conclusion

The Espion Solo is a very stylish single battery device which apart from not having a curve feature i really can't find any fault, not too happy though as my wife likes it that much that she's ventured into external batteries at last and stole it.

Pros

Good Build Quality
Stylish Design
Very Responsive Touchscreen
Dedicated Lock Button
Very Easy To Use
Temp Control
Good Battery Life
Performs Very Well
ProCore Air Very Good Sub-ohm Tank
Plenty Of Coil Options

Cons

No Curve Feature
Tanks Over 25mm Will Have Overhang
Included Coils I found Rated At Too High Wattage

I would once again like to thank Ella from Joyetech for supplying the Espion Solo with ProCore Air Kit for the purpose of this review.

http://www.joyetech.com/product/espion-s...ocore-air/

Reactions: liblue1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread