Firing button getting hot

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanrokz

Mar 30, 2015
TX
Hey TorpMan!

I have never used the Kindred v2, but if it's getting instantly hot or shocking you, it would most likely be a short. I did a little reading and saw that this is a Mech MOD correct? I found that the spring to the button generally gives mech mods issues. Try taking out the spring for the button and replacing it with a small piece of rubber tubing or insulated springy material so that the metal spring doesn't interfere with the power connection. This also makes it so the voltage shouldn't drop when taking hits.

Hope this helped, Happy vaping!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
This is a sign that something is wrong with your setup, and could be potentially dangerous to you and others around you.

Do not use your mod unless you are convinced that you or someone else have solved the problem.

In a mechanical mod, hard shorts can cause a battery to go into thermal runaway. The battery becomes extremely hot, vents hot gas, and depending upon the battery chemistry can actually explode or cause the mod to explode.

What's left of an exploded mechanical mod

modexplosion.jpg

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
This is a sign that something is wrong with your setup, and could be potentially dangerous to you and others around you.

Do not use your mod unless you are convinced that you or someone else have solved the problem.

In a mechanical mod, hard shorts can cause a battery to go into thermal runaway. The battery becomes extremely hot, vents hot gas, and depending upon the battery chemistry can actually explode or cause the mod to explode.

What's left of an exploded mechanical mod

View attachment 423712

this was my thought as well.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Cmon now, Let's not be disingenuous here,

The mod in question was modified, the switch assembly reworked and had no vent holes. And then ran at an unsafe level.

How do we really know? You see what's left of the mod in the pic. The owner took off without a trace before he could be questioned.

How about this guy's story which is told in the Batteries sub-forum here on ECF? For "visual" people" : The charging and discharging process of a Lithium Ion cell.

I don't have the time to link more episodes of failing batteries and mod parts, but there seems to be a couple new ones every month on ECF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread