Status
Not open for further replies.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
A friend asked me in a pm why I dont inform people about 6 volts and regular atomizers. His atomizers got dead soon with 6 volts and he was a little disapointed.

I told him that I dont inform people about that, just because I thought that all people knew this issue but I see that I am wrong. Not all people know that, so I have to say that 6 volts and regular atomizer is a combination that will make atomizer to last much shorter, especially for heavy vapers.

I will have my atomizers in 2 weeks if the factory keeps its promise and I think it will. So you will be able to vape safely not only at 6 volts but to 7,2 or 7,4 volts too.:)

Imeo

Richie G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2009
Lawn Guyland, NY
A friend asked me in a pm why I dont inform people about 6 volts and regular atomizers. His atomizers got dead soon with 6 volts and he was a little disapointed.

I told him that I dont inform people about that, just because I thought that all people knew this issue but I see that I am wrong. Not all people know that, so I have to say that 6 volts and regular atomizer is a combination that will make atomizer to last much shorter, especially for heavy vapers.

I will have my atomizers in 2 weeks if the factory keeps its promise and I think it will. So you will be able to vape safely not only at 6 volts but to 7,2 or 7,4 volts too.:)

Imeo

While you are informing people of the advantage of HV atomizers, you may want to also inform them that increasing the life of the atomizer by increasing the resistance in the coil circuit also has the disadvantage of drawing more current, thus much less battery life. It's only fair that people be aware of this as well.

Roughly speaking -- twice the resistance will equal half the battery life.

It's not clear to me why we can't go completely in the opposite direction. For example, if we had an 801 atomizer with roughly the 2.4 ohms of resistance of the normal 510 instead of the 3.3 of the normal 801, we could use 3.7 volts and have the best of both worlds. But I digress...

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
While you are informing people of the advantage of HV atomizers, you may want to also inform them that increasing the life of the atomizer by increasing the resistance in the coil circuit also has the disadvantage of drawing more current, thus much less battery life. It's only fair that people be aware of this as well.

It's not clear to me why we can't go completely in the opposite direction. For example, if we had an 801 atomizer with roughly the 2.4 ohms of resistance of the normal 510 instead of the 3.3 of the normal 801, we could use 3.7 volts and have the best of both worlds. But I digress...

Wow, thanks for the info and analysis. But I'd take decreased battery life over frying an atty any day of the week. It's a lot less hassle to keep a couple of spare rechargeables in my car or desk than an extra atomizer. And if it kills the overall life of batteries prematurely, I can always run out to a brick and mortar store immediately rather than waiting a couple of days or a couple of weeks for an atty to be mailed.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com

Hi friend. I had already inform all people that with the new HV atomizers the battery life is extended by about 70%!!! We have a totally diferent opinion here:w00t:

I will explain. The current that goes through the atty is much less and not more as you think, so the battery life is much bigger.:)

what you said about resistance and volts is a little wrong again because you dont earn anything special. You just increase the watts in very very small amount.

What I did when I invent the HV atomizers was to have the watts I want with less current so the liquid can be burned but the power is still big!!

So because we both dont want to confuse other people, the HV atomizers are the best solution to vaping from all angles. Also we dont make complicated devises, that was one more reason that I invent those atomizers:)

So if as you said, if we double the resistance the result will be the opossite than what you said. The battery life will be doubled, not the half.:)

Last edited:

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
  • Deleted by imeothanasis

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
As an example I will tell you this my good friend Rich. Think that you keep a battery with your hands. Your body has 1.000.000 ohm resistanse. The battery will not discharge at all.

Now think a broken atomizer that has resistance 0 because its poles are in touch. If you pull the trigger of the GG, then the current will be so big that the battery will discharged immediately and you will feel it very hot too.

Richie G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2009
Lawn Guyland, NY
So if as you said, if we double the resistance the result will be the opossite than what you said. The battery life will be doubled, not the half.:)

Imeo --

I think I just had my first 'senior moment', about 10 years before I should have. =)

You are right, I am wrong. :oops:

My apologies to you and to Georg Ohm. I promise not to post before the first cup of coffee in the future. =)

(wanna laugh? Twice, I stood in as a substitute teacher when a friend took ill. The class? Electrical Theory. LOL)

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Imeo --

I think I just had my first 'senior moment', about 10 years before I should have. =)

You are right, I am wrong. :oops:

My apologies to you and to Georg Ohm. I promise not to post before the first cup of coffee in the future. =)

(wanna laugh? Twice, I stood in as a substitute teacher when a friend took ill. The class? Electrical Theory. LOL)

xaxaxa the last one was very good Rich my friend :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

No problem, all people make some small mistakes, if someone says the oposite is simply stupid:D:D

vapn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
UK
I notice a much better battery life on the HV atty. That main reason I see is the length of time you hold the button is much shorter. A two second drag is like holding the button for 6 seconds at 6v now. So the iAtty is the answer to 6v vaping now. The juice taste is increased tremendously. The only disadvantage is the juice is vaped much faster. Juice hogs.... hahha...

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
I notice a much better battery life on the HV atty. That main reason I see is the length of time you hold the button is much shorter. A two second drag is like holding the button for 6 seconds at 6v now. So the iAtty is the answer to 6v vaping now. The juice taste is increased tremendously. The only disadvantage is the juice is vaped much faster. Juice hogs.... hahha...

Isn't that like complaining about how much gas your Ferrari uses? ;)

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Isn't that like complaining about how much gas your Ferrari uses? ;)

Yes, its like this clyde xaxaxa but I think that vapn is not really complained.

But I will say what is going on. The power that GG produce with its HV atomizers dont spend more liquid than a regular atomizer in 6 volts, it spend less.:thumbs: Of course it spends more than a 3,7 volt device, but its less than an 6 volt device with a regular atomizer even if it runs at 7,2 volt with better taste results and stronger atomizers;);)

We invent the economic ferrari here xaxaxa

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
Yes, its like this clyde xaxaxa but I think that vapn is not really complained.

But I will say what is going on. The power that GG produce with its HV atomizers dont spend more liquid than a regular atomizer in 6 volts, it spend less.:thumbs: Of course it spends more than a 3,7 volt device, but its less than an 6 volt device with a regular atomizer even if it runs at 7,2 volt with better taste results and stronger atomizers;);)

We invent the economic ferrari here xaxaxa

I think a Tesla would be a better analogy, but sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread