Status
Not open for further replies.

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
Sometimes less is more....apply your thumb and index finger only around the part that you want to unscrew and just use short burst of spinning motion on the part itself. Your fingers shouldn't be touching the glass portion. If that don't work repeat with latex gloves on, Get a box, they'll come in handy.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio

You may have "over-tightened" your tank parts. They should be "snug", not under/over tightened.

If your parts are locked up, you should try putting your tank in the refrigerator or freezer for 15-20 minutes. The cold should cause the metal to contract enough to allow you to untighten the parts by hand. If that doesn't work, wrap your tank in a protective cloth, and use some adjustable pliers to get the parts to unscrew.

Reactions: NewbVaper94

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
image.jpeg
I used to have the same problem with every tank. Soaked more than a few in hot water, froze a few...then got one of these little suckers!

Reactions: wheelie

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Duct Tape. Clean the mod with alcohol to get rid of skin oil and wrap a strip of duct tape around the two parts your are trying to unscrew. It will unscrew with hand and finger pressure.

I use the rubber jar openers now and keep the duct tape around for really stubborn tanks. The nice thing about duct tape is that two wraps will protect it against scratches from pliers (which should be the last resort). I had to toss my Lemo after using duct tape and pliers on it. Thinner steel tanks will collapse, unlike Kayfun and most others.

These days I put a drop of juice on the threads and o-rings. Most everything comes apart with finger pressure.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
The curse of the Melo tanks.. great tanks is every way EXCEPT to open for the coil switching. The Melo2 is just as bad. I've sent Eleaf a few messages about it, but the Melo3 came out and I saw that they still didn't get it.

Where you need to hold the tank is by the glass and the metal part right against it at the bottom, not the bottom edge, you'll just unscrew the airflow section, while the top, you'll just unscrew the top fill cap.

Get yourself those tweezers with tank grabbing handle (like RedRebel posted above) maybe even two...they really work most of the time... someone needs to make better ones with a silicone or rubber insert for even better grip as they can slide a bit.

One very handy thing is:rubber tape (no glue, just stretches and melts with itself type) and cut a piece and use that for extra grip. Can be found in most dollar stores in the hardware area.

But just about anything to provide you that extra grip, rubber gloves as others mentioned, even tissue can help (a lot of time, it slips due to oils and liquid).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread