IMPORTANT - email from FDA to a supplier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wezzie

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
New Orleans, La
Plodder...it this the one you recieved? Notice it claims their products are approved by the FDA !??? :confused:

We know your company sell electronic cigarette on line and your website is really excellent. I wonder do you import E cigarette from china? if yes, would you like to receive our products details with the price for your reference? This is Mendy from Shenzhen Bauway Technology Co.,Ltd, we are a professional leading manufacturer specialize in electronic cigarettes. We can provide you Various kinds of E cigarette, E cigar, E pipe with different flavor & different spare parts with high quality, favorable price and prompt delivery.

All our products are with CE, ROHS, FDA, MSDS, ECNSA approval;

we can provide OEM/ODM service;

No MOQ, All quantity order are welcomed.

Less than 1000 pcs orders will be delivered within 3 days, and more quantity within 7 days.

Payment terms: T/T, Western union, Paypal, Credit card etc.

kindly reply me if you are interested to know more about our products and company, I will send you our products details with quotation for your reference, thank you!

We look forward to your reply,

Thanks and best regards,

Mendy

Bauway (H.K) Investment Limited

Shenzhen Bauway Technology Co., Ltd

Tel:86-755-29089555 Fax:86-755-29166575 Mobile: 86-136 9196 6206

Web: BAUWAY -electronic cigarette Email: sales01@bauway.com

Msn:bauway801@hotmail.com

Trade Messenger: cn207541001

jrockphoneman

Unregistered Supplier
Jul 18, 2009
ohio
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu
  • Reason: spam

Fud

ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2009
Hawaii
FDA Just wants to make money off of us and they do from birth to death and even after death they still making money off of us..... SCREW FDA!!!! E-CIGS RULE!!!!

If you look into it deep enough you will find everyone on the FDA board has worked for pharma companys in the past. So then ask yourself who do they really represent? They are crooks just like ex polititions end up as lobbyists for people that gave them money in the past.

The FDA is about as corrupt as they come, they tried to ban a bunch of herbal products before because the drug companys were not making any money from it.

Bastids...all of them

mentalmaze

Jul 1, 2009
Despite some peoples mistrust in the FDA or the government in general I urge everyone to send letters to the FDA urging common sence. I would suggest that you include the years you have smoked regular cigerettes before switching yo e-ciggs, your attempts at quitting smoking with the available quiting aids and urge them to continue looking into the safety but not to take action until the time that the data shows e-ciggs to be more hazardus then conventional ciggerettes.

You may also like to point out that you would return to smoking conventional tobbaco products if e-ciggs were unavailable and if e-ciggs are more healthy as you believe them to be then regular ciggeretts then any premature ban on e-ciggs would be in effect forcing you to use regular ciggerettes with well documented health concerns.

mentalmaze

Jul 1, 2009
P.s. You may get a form letter in return but this does not mean that your request has fallen on deaf ears. What really counts when dealing with the burocracy is numbers so each letter counts when combined with other letters of the type. The more they recieve the less likly your going to get a personalized reply. The fact that they are using a form letter to reply is more a statment that they are getting letters in volume.

mentalmaze

Jul 1, 2009
name and
address removed for public post

July 23, 2009

Kevin M. Budich
Compliance Officer
Food and Drug Administration
CDER/Office of Compliance
Division of New Drugs & Labeling Compliance
OTC Drugs Team
10903 New Hampshire Ave.
WO51-5174
Silver Spring, MD 20993

Dear Mr. Budich,

I am writing you to urge restraint on the oversight of electronic cigarettes which I understand falls under several FDA guidelines. I also understand that some preliminary studies have shown that some brands of electronic cigarettes cartridges may contain carcinogenic compounds and that there is some speculation that their use may in some cases lead to nicotine poisoning. I also understand the fear that the product may be used to increase underage use of tobacco products.

In the case where carcinogenic are concerned I would support regulation of what may be used in the cartridges and e-juices to non-carcinogenic substances just as we demand of our food. While I understand that the contents of products shipped from overseas are hard to regulate in this manner it is no different than food products received from foreign companies.

As far as nicotine poisoning is concerned the effects of nicotine poisoning should be felt the same as it would be with any other nicotine product be it cigarettes, gum or patch long before lethal amounts have been absorbed. Though I am not a doctor and can't say for sure it seems to me from my personal experience with normal cigarettes that if you consume to much you get plenty of warning before you can consume a dangerous amount.

I would further speculate that any cases of nicotine poisoning from e-ciggs would be more likely people properly responding to their bodies informing them that they have used a higher level then what they are used to. I would be interested if anyone has died from nicotine poisoning from using the e-cigg in the several years that they have been available. Even if there has been any deaths related to nicotine poisoning from the use of e-ciggs the statistics should be compared to that of using normal tobacco products.

The fear that this product could lead to increased tobacco product usage by minors would be negated if the product were regulated with the same conditions which apply to regular tobacco products and with what I know about tobacco products and even with the concerns related to e-ciggs I would certainly rather either of my children to use e-ciggs over a tobacco product. Of course I would rather they use neither.

As a smoker of 26+ years I have made many attempts at quitting smoking. I have used many of the available cessation products to no avail. The electronic cigarette, while allowing me to continue the use of nicotine allows me to avoid many harmful chemicals and carcinogenic compounds found in normal tobacco products.

In conclusion I would like to point out that since e-ciggs, pipes and cigars have been used for several years by people in the United States and abroad and we haven't been inundated with news reports of people dying or suffering ill effects from this product and if they have even a small chance of acting as a substitute to normal cigarette, use of which we are flooded with reports and have long standing knowledge of the ill effects of this products use, that banning the electronic cigarette would be ill advised and certainly premature.

I would encourage the FDA to continue monitoring and exploring the health risks of the use of this device but to weigh it against the known risks of tobacco use. Cancer, lung disease and other health effects as well as one that while it may not fall under the FDA's jurisdiction should certainly be considered when considering the fate of electronic cigarettes would be fire caused by combustible tobacco products.

Thank you for your time,

name

cc: Senator Mike Crapo
Senator James Risch
Representative Mike Simpson

bdRICKYbd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2009
Gaffney SC
can someone please tell me why its such a big deal? i mean an e-cig is essentially a vaporizer right? it isnt illegal to own a vaporizer. isnt illegal to own any of the ingredients in the juice is it? if they lower nicotine content in cigs then you know what you get? people smoking more cigs in order to get the nicotine. this equals worse lungs.

K_to_the_L

Jul 16, 2009
i am raging right now :evil:

but i have to wonder are the ppl going to stand for this ??? are you going to allow the government to take from you the very threads that keep you alive ? one by one ?? until there is nothing left ??? if it wasnt the simple fact these atomizers wear out i wouldnt be worried at all. WHY ? thats simple all the ingredients ROFL are readily available locally (DUH. they are all harmless) i guess i am not that worried i can always build one were i to have to. (yeah thats right i gots me some skillz/google) why the hell not i already have become a juice master at mixing. ppl also know how to grow plants even if i have never grown tobacco before and cured it its doable..... :cool:

LaceyUnderall

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2008
USA and Canada
Based on FDA "findings", Israel banned import and sales of electronic cigarettes on July 27, 2009. They advised people not to use these "poisonous" devices and suggested that people see a doctor right away if they feel sick after vaping. The people are upset and blame big cigarette companies.

In response to the FDA analysis of the electronic cigarette, nJoy had an Independent lab analyze the data put forth in the FDA's toxicology report. Their results were very interesting and call into question the validity of the FDA's report.

Contained in this blog post is the actual PDF so you can read what the independent lab has to say regarding the study and the findings. Please feel free to disperse the post or the PDF internet wide as journalists who are promoting the idea that the FDA study is quality, can possibly do a follow up story like the one recently posted in the Washington Times.

Technical Review and Analysis of FDA Report: Evaluation of e-cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread