Janty eGo USB Variable Voltage Battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
The so-called VV Egos are not really variable voltage. Real variable voltage goes at minimum from 3.7v to 5v, continuously or in .5 volt increments, and some go 3v to 6v or 7v. The "VV" Egos usually have 3 or 4 (Gotvapes) steps which are basically just stepping down the battery's natural voltage. 3.2v is like what a slim 510 has. 3.7v is what most of what I vape is. The 4.2v I've heard is closer to 3.9v. I have one of the earlier 3-voltage ones from Gotvapes (slightly different from what Janty is showing) and with mine the voltage seems to weaken (as I expected) the closer you get to the end of the charge. Mine's OK but no real improvement over my 1/2 the cost 3.7v Riva 510 kit (the Liberty-Fliights.com Riva 510 kits are 3.7v and a whole 2-battery kit can be had for the price of the one battery you linked with the 20% discount this link gives 20% off your whole order! ).

However 3.7 or 3.9 is higher than you will ever get out of a normal Ego - they run around 3.4v. So the multi-voltage battery will give you more warmth than a normal Ego and a small bit of flexibility. NOTE - I have never tried the one Janty is showing - that's a different style from the clone 3-stage and 4-stage Egos at Gotvapes.

Last edited:

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
I agree with Dormouse. I dont even consider the eGo VV a VV PV. The voltages are so close together that it really only gives a slight difference. And like dormouse said, the 3.2V, 3.7V, 4.2V is really more like 3.0-3.1V, 3.4-3.6V, and 3.7-3.9V.

And I just looked at the price on that one, and $31 for just an eGo battery is absolutely ridiculous.

Youd be better off getting something like a Maxi Roughstack, SilverBullet, Bolt, etc. While their not technically considered VV PVs, I def consider any of them more of a VV PV then the eGo VV.
With any of the ones I mentioned, you can use different combinations of batteries for different voltages. You can use one18650 for 3.7 volt vaping, one 4.8V battery for 5V vaping, 2 16340 3 volt batteries for 6 volt vaping or two 3.7 volt 18350's for 7.4 volt vaping. So while their not considered VV PVs, I think any of them would be a lot better bc at least theres a huge differece between the voltages, compared to the eGo VV while will only give a very slight difference since the voltages are so close together, and the highest one is barely above a regular 3.7V PV

irony

Feb 14, 2012
Birmingham, AL
Thank you everyone for the responses. I'm currently looking into the other batteries you suggested. Other variable voltage mods I have seen are much more expensive, so I thought this might be a cheaper alternative for someone curious of the VV realm. The ego-vv from Janty has a usb pass through option, which I thought was a major selling point, and worth the $31 since you can charge and vape at the same time. Unfortunately, I am not finding many reviews on the ego-vv, and the ones I have found are not answering my questions and are not branded by Janty.

I'm actually using the Ego-VV and i'M quite happy with it, because i can choose from three settings and because it's a 900 mAh battery that runs quite a long time if i'm not vaping my EDC cartos (which hold about 5ml of liquid and are huge, compared to regular DCC cartos from Smoktech) constantly during the day.

Joe, did you get yours from Janty? Does the one you have have the same usb pass through option? If it does, how do you like it? Do you have the same problems with the voltage weakening as you get closer to the end of the charge? Also, can you tell a difference in the volts and what voltage do you prefer? Do you have any other batteries/mods you use or prefer over the ego-vv? Thanks :)

Joe Normal

Mar 5, 2012
Europe
Yes, i ordered directly from Janty, and yes, every Janty Ego VV is a USB passthrough.
I don't use it as a PT on a PC hub, though, i always charge them via a USB loader.
As far as what i can tell there's somewhat of a little "cave-in" when the battery comes to the end of the charge, but IMO very shortly before the battery itself goes into "charge me now, fool!"-shutdown.
I didn't test the voltage levels with a multimeter, but from what practical test i can tell they are as good as a regular JT battery, BUT:
Sometimes the "level" resets during vaping, for some time after the battery has been taken from the charger, but then you just have to "gear" up, when the charge is not full to the brink the preset memory seems to work well.
Yes, i can tell a definite difference between the voltage levels as i use the VV with the big, "stove-pipe" Janty EDC cartos that are XXL and hold a whopping 5ml.
LED goes:
Red (low): Meh, more like an Ego-T. Not stunning, but ok.
Violet/Purple (mid): Wow, that's a good amount of vapor, the flavour is even tastier now!
Blue (high): Wow, massive amount of vapor, but the taste sensation starts to diminish now.

I prefer the mid-level, because it doesn't drain the battery that fast and gets the optimum out of the cartos i use. I thought about using an Ego-T atty, but i recently killed one by going blue testwise and pushing the limit...

ATM i use either normal Ego-T batteries(650 mAh) or the VVs, but i'm thinking of getting a E-Power ("King Kong") mod, because variable voltage mods are either sloppily produced (Lavatube) or outrageous in price(ProVari) and the VV fits my needs perfectly because i don't see it as a ProVari or such.

To me it's just an Ego battery with 900mAh and the option to use three settings going from "light fog" to "London in autumn"-amount of vapor and the possibility to use it as a PT if need be.

But: I'm going by the 17,99€ (that's ATM about 23,60$) that i paid for one EgoVV including USB cable.
31$ for one EgoVV is, IMO a bit high.

My thoughts, buying the EgoVVs was that a Joyetech Ego PT battery of about similar size (900 mAh) goes for about 18-19 Euro here, but lacks the variable option.

The EgoVV has a variable switch, but sadlily not an on/off-switch or a 5-click-shutoff.

I've seen quite some remarks from German EgoVV users having complaints about their VVs and refunds because some/many "didn't work", but i can't say if those were MDU-related problems or if the customers just received faulty products.

The EgoVV is a nice and good PT 900 mAh battery and i'm fine with the drawbacks it has and i see it, regarding the price in Germany/Europe as a replacement for a regular Ego battery of the same quantity (900 mAh).
But a Lavatube or a ProVari it is not.

irony

Feb 14, 2012
Birmingham, AL
So I purchased the Janty Ego-VV and I figured it's about time I leave some feedback for others who are curious about it. I have been using it exclusively since February with no problems. Here are my reasons for liking it so much:

1. The charge lasts a long time. Sometimes I can go a whole week without a charge, but I might just be a light vaper. When it gets near the end of it's charge it does tend to get a little weak, but I think that is to be expected. I just go ahead and plug it up.

2. I love that when the battery dies I can plug it into a mini usb and keep on vaping! It's great when I'm gaming or in the car. I don't even use my other PV's anymore cause this one is so highly adaptable. People have mentioned concerns about trickle charging with other PV's, but with this one I haven't noticed it ever doing it while plugged up to the mini usb. It charges it, then it's done and doesn't charge again for hours (unless I have since used it of course) No trickle charging observed.

3. The fact that it is larger than the slim 510's that I am used to isn't as big of a deal to me as I thought it would be. In fact, I like the fact that it is larger so I don't lose it as often.

4. I thought that having the option to change voltage would be more exciting since I had heard so much about Variable Voltage, but to be honest, I only use one setting. The other settings make it taste burnt. The setting I use is Red: 3.2 Volt. The juice I use most often is Ms. T's Orange Dreamsicle which is a mix of VG/PG and Volcano's Tobacco Pure which is PG.

5. $31 Dollars seemed like a reasonable price to me for a highly mobile and adaptable PV and everything it included. It may seem like too much to others, but it was cheaper than other kits I have purchased. Plus this battery has become my favorite.

Cons:

1. The button gets pressed pretty easily but I got a guard for it from Volcano (their Inferno is the Volcano equivalent of an Ego). I don't use it very often but I have it as an option for when it's in my pocket or my purse.

2. Sometimes it separates in the middle when I drop it, but I should probably be more careful with my PVs. It always pops back into place easily with no problem.

The main reason I wanted to try this PV is to experiment a little with VV (as the others mentioned before, this PV doesn't have a wide range of volts). I discovered that 3.2 is the best for me since flavor is most important. So mission accomplished and to boot I got a pretty nice PV.

The previous link returns an error. I bought it in stainless steel which they don't seem to offer anymore but if anyone else is interested here is a link to the black version: Janty electronic cigarettes, e-liquids and carts - eGo USB Variable Volt Battery Black

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread