Janty Stick - Janty USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkimmons

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2008
Janty Stick

The Janty Stick is a personal vaporizer like none other I have seen or had the pleasure of using. It is a side-by-side system designed to be compact and portable. The compact size will allow it to be easily concealed in your hand to keep from drawing attention. Concealing the vapor production will be a difficult task at best. The battery and atomizer are staged in a plastic housing side-by-side. The battery is a AAA size 360mAh rechargeable battery with a fresh charge producing 4.16 volts. The battery can be used from the initial charge. It is not like the Kissbox and Dura batteries that must be charged for 12 hours then used for 20 minutes then charging for an additional hour before use. The charger is a Euro prong design but came with the adapter for US plugs and is rated at 120 and 240 volts. The charger is easy to use as the battery is placed in a clip system as opposed to screwing a battery in. There is a LED that indicates green for fully charged and red for charging.
The Janty Stick is well made and has one large central button for activating the atomizer. The activation button is large and has a positive engagement. The LED activation ring located at the bottom will initially turn blue when activated and as you get closer to the cutoff the LED will turn from blue to purple to red and flashing red indicating the 11 second cutoff has been reached. Having an 11 second cutoff produces a rocking throat hit that can choke a horse. For those who like menthol it will rock your world.
On the lower side the Janty Stick it has a female USB Mini B port for charging and vaping. When plugged into a computer the LED ring will glow red to indicate the Janty Stick is charging and will go out when fully charged. When looking at the top of the Janty Stick next to where the Janty logo is, there appears to be something that looked like a vent but it is just apart of the aesthetics with no functionality.
The atomizer is a standard 801 or Kissbox atomizer. The taste from the beginning draw was clean and tasted the way the juice was intended to. Draw after draw was quick easy with just enough resistance. It seams the air flow has increased compared to other pen style atomizers which is probably due to the way the atomizer is attached in the Janty Stick body. The atomizer screws in and is nice and secure. Juice usage was on the level of a standard pen-style but produced consistently more vapor then my Kissbox Classic. The battery is housed to the right of the atomizer and is sealed with a threaded cap. The cap is easy to remove if you have a small pen-knife or a paper clip to unscrew it with. I tried to use my fingers but an object will have to be used. I tried to use a dime but the edge is too thick to get into the slot. I like to be able to easily swap batteries while driving. Although you could drive and swap the battery you might be a little more distracted from the road than you want to be.
As far as the design, the ability to get the cap out and replace the battery is the only draw back I encountered. Janty should design the cap to be easier to remove by placing a ridge to pinch with your fingers to unscrew with. The Janty Stick is comfortable and easy to use. I don't like putting down an e-cig only to have it roll off a table or counter and hit the floor. Some times the impact is enough to kill an atomizer not to mention the nasty stuff on the floor. This is not a problem with the Janty Stick - the rectangle design will stay where you put it.
Now for what everyone is waiting to hear. How does it perform? The Janty Stick produces massive amounts of vapor. I started with a properly filled new cart. With an 11 second cutoff it kicks out vapor like no other e-cig I have owned. You don't have to push to the 11 second cutoff the get a fantastic amount of vapor. A 3 to 5 second draw is sufficient. Draw after draw the Janty Stick produces consistent amounts of vapor. The bottom line is this product performs as advertised, producing copious amounts of vapor. My vaping is on the heavy side and the Janty Stick really hit the ball out of the park on this design. You will not be disappointed with this addition to your collection. It has quickly become my favorite as I am sure it will for you.

Rating 1 to 5 (5 being the best)

Vapor.................*****
Throat Hit............***** (11 Second Cutoff!)
Design................*** (Battery cap design)
Construction..........*****
Atomizer..............*****
Juice usage...........****
Juice Taste...........*****
Part Availability.....*****
Ease of Use...........*****
Comfort...............*****
Length of USB cable...*** (Cable is to short)
Charger design........*****
Charger Use...........*****
Ability to conceal....***** (in hand)
Battery Charge Time...***** (3 to 4 hour charge time)
Battery Life..........***** (heavy vaping, battery life 24 hours and 45 minutes)
Value/Cost............*****
Company Reputation....*****
Customer Service......*****

Length 4 2/8" with atomizer installed
Length 3" with out the atomizer installed
Tall 5/8"
Width 1 1/8"

I have tried to make this review as through as possible and to remain unbiased. The only points I was not able to cover before posting this review was battery life and charge times which I will post in a day or two. I will be producing a video of the Janty Stick in a day or so. I wish to thank Jeff at Janty USA for giving me the opportunity to test and review the Janty Stick.

Attachments

• DSC_0016.jpg
    DSC_0016.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 274
  • DSC_0017.jpg
    DSC_0017.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 260
  • DSC_0020.jpg
    DSC_0020.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 308
  • DSC_0028.jpg
    DSC_0028.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 280
  • DSC_0040.jpg
    DSC_0040.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:

Sar

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
New York, NY
Looking at the design of the stick, there is one thing that Janty could have done that would make this much better: retractable tip. You would still screw the atomizer in, but instead of having the cartridge/mouthpiece sticking out all the time, you could just push it down and the whole thing would slide inside the box. That way the box itself would work also like a carrying case, protecting the whole unit.

arv

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2009
Wroclaw, Poland
Looking at the design of the stick, there is one thing that Janty could have done that would make this much better: retractable tip. You would still screw the atomizer in, but instead of having the cartridge/mouthpiece sticking out all the time, you could just push it down and the whole thing would slide inside the box. That way the box itself would work also like a carrying case, protecting the whole unit.
Would be nice, but that would require a whole new atomizer type. The idea, as far as I can see, was to use the standard Pen-style atomizer. So for it to be retractable, the Stick body would have to be that much longer.

I imagine what they could do, is make the Dura/901 atomizer adapter (that they announced) retractable just like you said. That would fit in nicely...

kkimmons

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2008
Thank you. I tried to provide a through review for all to see. Both batteries are still going strong and my Janty Stick is still vaping like a champ. It has got the be the best personal vaporization system I have ever had the pleasure of using. If anyone has any questions I would be happy to answer them. Next week I will be giving an update in regards to how the batteries are holding out. I still feel, anyone who purchases a Janty Stick, will not be disappointed.

NoAnalogs4me

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2008
Pittsburgh to Philadelphia
KK, first off, thanks for the review!

It is well written and thrilling enough to whet everyone's appetite for this little beauty! I have one ordered and I am just dying to receive it as is everyone who's ordered I suspect! I thought my Dura-C ruled the world, now I have "The Stick" to look forward to!

Do you think the pushing up of the release date indicates a hold up in customs?

Jeff, please hurry and make us all happy campers! You've certainly gotten quite the buzz from the initial people you chose to review it!

Sar

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
New York, NY
Yes. I've found that some of them are a tight fit but they all work.
But isn't the Janty Stick made for 801 atomizers? I am getting completely lost here. Is Janty atomizer the same thing as DSE801 penstyle atomizer? Or do Janty people make their own atomizer that is different from the rest?

franklyspeaking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2009
Arlington, Texas
www.pharceapp.com
But isn't the Janty Stick made for 801 atomizers? I am getting completely lost here. Is Janty atomizer the same thing as DSE801 penstyle atomizer? Or do Janty people make their own atomizer that is different from the rest?

Yes it is made for 801 atomizers. The Janty Kissbox atomizer (the atomizer the Stick is sold with) is a 801 variant. All other 801/RN4072 atomizers work as far as I know. I personally have tried eleven various penstyle atomizers I had laying around and only found one that was an extremley tight fit. Even though it fit very tightly I was able to screw it in and vape on it and then remove it. You should be able to vape any penstyle atomizer you have or purchase in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread