Living proof

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapeur amoureux

Apr 1, 2013
Michigan
On March 23rd, 2013 I had my last cigarette. I started vaping at 24mg/ml. I gradually dropped my nicotine level 18mg to 12mg then to 0mg. I vaped 0mg, I added extra menthol flavoring to all my e liquid to try and increase the sensation of throat hit. Mix was usually 70/30 or 80/20. After a week or so at 0mg nicotine I gradually started to not vape. Not intentionally. I just started to do it less and less. I always carry a ego t with a filled tank with me for emergency purposes. But I can say that I successfully quit combustible nicotine as well as liquid nicotine from vaping. It was the easiest and most enjoyable way I have ever quit smoking. I will always carry a tank etc just in case, at 0mg of nicotine e liquid. So all those antz out here that say vaping is not a way to quit smoking, you are VERY WRONG!!!!!!!! I am living proof.

Zee2006

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
Agreed!!! I started at 24mg also and I'm now down to 6mg... I'm hoping to do what you just did... Gratz! You'd think all those bleeding hearts who were soooooo loud about our health and who just wanted to help us get off tobacco would get with the program and embrace e-cigs...... hummm.... maybe it wasn't just about health huh..... :facepalm:

anyway GRATZ!!

Barbara21

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Greenville, SC, USA
On March 23rd, 2013 I had my last cigarette. I started vaping at 24mg/ml. I gradually dropped my nicotine level 18mg to 12mg then to 0mg. I vaped 0mg, I added extra menthol flavoring to all my e liquid to try and increase the sensation of throat hit. Mix was usually 70/30 or 80/20. After a week or so at 0mg nicotine I gradually started to not vape. Not intentionally. I just started to do it less and less. I always carry a ego t with a filled tank with me for emergency purposes. But I can say that I successfully quit combustible nicotine as well as liquid nicotine from vaping. It was the easiest and most enjoyable way I have ever quit smoking. I will always carry a tank etc just in case, at 0mg of nicotine e liquid. So all those antz out here that say vaping is not a way to quit smoking, you are VERY WRONG!!!!!!!! I am living proof.

Congratulations!!

Vapeur amoureux

Apr 1, 2013
Michigan
Congratulations.

Must admit you've got a lot more will-power than me. I'm still at 24mg nic, which is what I started on months ago. I don't plan to quit vaping, I enjoy the flavours too much. But I do find, I don't need to vape as much now as I used to.

Not sure if I have anymore will power than anyone. I enjoyed the nicotine in the e liquid. I just wanted to be free of the addiction. I can still vape all the great flavors, the same enjoyment isn't there, throat hit is gone. And I don't crave the nicotine, so I find I'm not vaping as much. I use it when stressed etc. Again, I think vaping is fine with or without nicotine, a much better alternative to smoking any day of the week.

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
Not sure if I have anymore will power than anyone. I enjoyed the nicotine in the e liquid. I just wanted to be free of the addiction. I can still vape all the great flavors, the same enjoyment isn't there, throat hit is gone. And I don't crave the nicotine, so I find I'm not vaping as much. I use it when stressed etc. Again, I think vaping is fine with or without nicotine, a much better alternative to smoking any day of the week.

Well kudos to you for dropping to zero nic. To be honest, I can't see myself cutting down my nic strength any time soon. I still enjoy the nicotine rush from the juice. I do however have some small bottles of 18mg for the last hour or so before bed. I find if I chain vape before sleep, it's harder to drop off. Plus I've got some modified drippers now too, 24mg with these things is a bit too much even for me :laugh:

X6X8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Paris, Tx, USA
I quit smoking June 1 of this year and started vaping at 24mg. I felt fine during the day but sometimes had difficulty falling asleep at night at that level. I just recently dropped to 18mg and still feel satisfied, but not enough time has passed to see how my sleep might be effected. I also just placed an order for 8mg and want to eventually get to 0mg. Like many of you stated though, I plan to keep vaping at whatever level I settle in at.

Vapeur amoureux

Apr 1, 2013
Michigan
I quit smoking June 1 of this year and started vaping at 24mg. I felt fine during the day but sometimes had difficulty falling asleep at night at that level. I just recently dropped to 18mg and still feel satisfied, but not enough time has passed to see how my sleep might be effected. I also just placed an order for 8mg and want to eventually get to 0mg. Like many of you stated though, I plan to keep vaping at whatever level I settle in at.

My suggestion would be to give yourself an adequate amount of time between dropping nicotine levels. Dropping too fast may cause you to feel unsatisfied and take a step backwards. The lower nicotine level is good when you find you will be vaping a lot at one time or a few hours prior to sleep since nicotine is a stimulant. Congratz on quitting the cigarettes, you won't regret your choice.

Last edited:

X6X8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Paris, Tx, USA
My suggestion would be to give yourself an adequate amount of time between dropping nicotine levels. Dropping too fast may cause you to feel unsatisfied and take a step backwards. The lower nicotine level is good when you find you will be vaping a lot at one time or a few hours prior to sleep since nicotine is a stimulant. Congratz on quitting the cigarettes, you won't regret your choice.

My intent was to go 24mg to 18mg, then 18mg to 8mg. 18mg to 8mg might be to big a jump, maybe? I guess I could pick up some 11 or 12mg, if that happens.

I must admit even though I vape the 18 now all day long.. at least a couple of times a day (first cup of coffee in the morning and maybe again after supper) I'll go for the other unit containing 24mg. It has a more satisfying TH even though it's the same flavor. I think the TH is what I'll miss most at the lower levels. We'll see.. :)

I assume I'll follow that same habit when I drop to the next lower nicotine level.. Jump back to whatever my last high level was for the occasional boost.

I appreciate your suggestion. I wasn't sure how long I should try to stay at any particular level. I just felt I needed to stop vaoing 24mg all day because my sleep habits were changing. But I love how much better I feel now, so going back to cigs is out of the question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread