LostVape Thelema Quest Temp Control Help.

Ripp

Aug 19, 2023
Hey guys me again,
Ive just got myself a steamcrave meson rta and thrown in a vv single ss316 alien coil .3ohm im liking the vape at about 40w and have started to try out tc mode and not sure what i should be setting the wattage and temp too ive tried going to 50 60w with the wattage and 200c but it doesnt get a chance to get that hot. So i gone down to 40w and 125 degrees Celsius and it seems to be a nice vape but how exactly does it work should i be going way higher with the wattage and low with the degrees or just go up on both and be light with the fire button and just have it not burn my juice and coil. As described its a thelema solo the quest version not the dna. Thank in advance.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    IMHO: most 'vaping' happens between 300-400F (as I recall ~420F cotton will ignite and rather nasty gasses are made @ >= 420-450F).

There are two approaches to TC vaping:

1. Use the same wattage as you would of in 'power mode' and set your temperature to the best flavor for the juice your using.

2. Use the highest wattage your batteries can handle and set your temperature to the best flavor for the juice your using.

While the second option will get your coil(s) to temperature the quickest it will also drain your batteries the quickest. (that partial to >=1sec high power pulse sucks a LOT of AH out of your batteries)

SS316 is a really sucky wire type for TC vaping because of its very low TCR. As such many of the less expensive (and even 'high end') mods have difficulty properly TC regulating with it.

g.

Reactions: Ripp

Ripp

Aug 19, 2023
    IMHO: most 'vaping' happens between 300-400F (as I recall ~420F cotton will ignite and rather nasty gasses are made @ >= 420-450F).

There are two approaches to TC vaping:

1. Use the same wattage as you would of in 'power mode' and set your temperature to the best flavor for the juice your using.

2. Use the highest wattage your batteries can handle and set your temperature to the best flavor for the juice your using.

While the second option will get your coil(s) to temperature the quickest it will also drain your batteries the quickest. (that partial to >=1sec high power pulse sucks a LOT of AH out of your batteries)

SS316 is a really sucky wire type for TC vaping because of its very low TCR. As such many of the less expensive (and even 'high end') mods have difficulty properly TC regulating with it.

g.
    Thanks for the info. So what wire do you think i should try out then as i have noticed these ss316 are very delicate and tend to loose shape very easily. I want to try different coils and wire combo i really only have tried n80 fused claptons and they were ok but no tc apparently with them. So the quest has ni ti ss316 and ss904 in the tc options. I am about to get a odin75 dna so i think that has a few other tc options n stuff available i wanted to try a dna and this dude is selling one out of his collection for me so that should be a good entry point for me. Any tips for me?

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Thanks for the info. So what wire do you think i should try out then as i have noticed these ss316 are very delicate and tend to loose shape very easily. I want to try different coils and wire combo i really only have tried n80 fused claptons and they were ok but no tc apparently with them. So the quest has ni ti ss316 and ss904 in the tc options. I am about to get a odin75 dna so i think that has a few other tc options n stuff available i wanted to try a dna and this dude is selling one out of his collection for me so that should be a good entry point for me. Any tips for me?
    Well I guess 'delicate' is very relative to ones perspective.

Try 32AWG Ni200 sometime. LOL!!

Here's a link to a free wire calculator. It has a BUNCH of different wire types. I'd suggest using one that has at least a TCR of 200 or more.

Steam Engine Wire/Coil Calculator

Personally I mostly use NiFe52 or sometimes TI for my older mods that don't have user adjustable TCR.

g.

Users who are viewing this thread