Merged old Janty eGo sticky threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

ournature

ECF Veteran
May 26, 2009
bologna, ITALY
it's been few days now that i'm using one of these ego big atties.
i pretty much like it, vapor and hit are on par maybe little better than a standard 510.
Flavor is better than a joye/janty 510 imo.
It has the nice vapour and flavour of a good 801 and the hit is about the same of a 510 (it's 2.2 Ohm).
I just drip, so i don't use the big cart, but i still prefer this atty to the standard 510.
You can drip about 6 drops in it.

tinstar15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Lakeland, FL
Slighty off the topic but....I noticed on the Janty website that there appear to be two different XL/Big eGo attys. If you look at the full size pic, it looks like the atty on the left is tapered slightly with a slightly smaller diameter cart. Was this a prototype pic or is this a different version?

I've been using a joye XL atty and carts on a USB eGo for a couple of weeks now and I'm mostly happy with it. The battery is excellent. The atty is nice and is now my favorite style atty. The carts could use a tweak or two but function relatively well.

I noted some minor issues though. The cart filler seems to clog up and trap liquid after a few refills. I used to use blue foam in my carts for the BE112 and 510s but it doesn't seem to work in the XL carts. After reading another member's post about leaking issues, I decided to test mine. I left it standing up and lying down with the atty/cart attached when not in use, with a full cart.

In either position, if I leave the atty/cart attached to the battery, it starts to leak rather profusely. I stopped leaving carts/attys connected to batteries back when i first started using PVs due to shorts/fire concerns. I found that, by disconnecting the atty/cart when not in use, the leak issue goes away with the eGo for the most part. Hence why I had not noticed it before.

Up until my little test, the only leak it noticed was a slight wetness around the cart/atty mating surface. As I had this same issue with 510s, I generally ignore it. I think that if the outer diameter of the cart is increased, or the inner diameter of the atty is decreased, the issue should go away. Adding an o-ring type seal to the cart design might work as well.

If anyone has a cart filler mod worked out yet, I'd love to hear it.

thanks

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
Hi!

When will the ring protectors without the case come out? Because at this price, and with room only for one assembled eGo, let me put it politely: I am not going to buy one. :D

I'd immediately buy a dozen of the clips, though!

Alex

I think you will find that most people will use the space for carrying a battery + bottles + atomizers + other stuff. Only a few people will use it for carrying one fully assembled eGo. Why? because you have the ring protector on the eGo that you use; and thats in your pocket.

This means the space for a fully assembled eGo will be used for either, a fully assembled eGo, or a eGo usb battery, or an eGo XL battery.

As for the rings, they wont be released for a while as an accessory - seeing as they are part of the carry case packaging to begin with. But they will come eventually.

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
If you look here: http://www.ivapour.co.uk/catalog/product/gallery/image/828/id/345/ you can see a small ring protector sitting on top of the eGos button. This will protect the button from misfiring when its in your pocket.

This ring protector is a Janty product, and comes only with the eGo carry design case ( also shown on the picture ) for now - after a period of time ( i dont know how long ) we will release the ring protector as an accessory.

harpo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Yuba City, California
If you look here: http://www.ivapour.co.uk/catalog/product/gallery/image/828/id/345/ you can see a small ring protector sitting on top of the eGos button. This will protect the button from misfiring when its in your pocket.

This ring protector is a Janty product, and comes only with the eGo carry design case ( also shown on the picture ) for now - after a period of time ( i dont know how long ) we will release the ring protector as an accessory.

When will Ethan have the carry case?

AlexTM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Cologne, Germany
www.dampfzeichen.de
Only a few people will use it for carrying one fully assembled eGo. Why? because you have the ring protector on the eGo that you use; and thats in your pocket.

That may be true for one-flavour vapers, but I like variety - which is why I usually have one eGo around my neck or in my pocket, and two more (with different flavours) and liquid in a carrying case. Hand made from duct tape, btw :D

AlexTM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Cologne, Germany
www.dampfzeichen.de
Oh, I like stylish stuff - as long as it does what I need it to do :D

Don't get me wrong, the box looks great. It's just that the way I vape, it would be 20 stylish bucks rotting away in a corner of my room, because for my personal way of vaping it's not a very practical thing to use.

Now, the ring protectors, they look both stylish and useful to me, too! :D

Bageone

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2010
Sacramento, CA
My ego usb battery is having a bad day. Normally when I put it in the usb ac/adapter it lights up on the end ( half red) and when the red light goes out it is fully charged. Now when I plug it in the end is off and the button just flashes. It won't let me use it with or without the passthru. Any ideas? I've only had it a week or so. Thanks

Last edited:

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Okay, I just got my USB eGo about 30 minutes ago.
First impressions are good. Just like any Janty eGo.. Ahhh, there is one thing I would like to mention. It is LONGER than the reg eGo when they first came out. Because of the Mini USB port in the front, its roughly 7/16" longer than the original eGo. This is so there is enough room for the electronics of the usb charger plug. The red light is ONLY @ the top part of mini plug..(button side)
Seem a nice feel, being longer.. Its charging now and I did use this for a few drags and no its NOT like vaping @ 5v.. Its still the 3.7v (3.1 actually) that the eGo is designed for..
I cannot wait for the Baby J.
That is an important observation. It is comparable to "the stick" in that matter, and not a direct PT that doesn't really give us 5V neither on a PC (amperage)

Switched,
I finally have those times for ya.
It took exactly 1 hr and 40 minutes to charge the eGo with the Mini USB cable hooked up as it took me 2 hrs and 3 minutes for the usb cable screwed onto the battery back end.
Thats a big difference for me.. LOL
maybe not.. hehe..
Thanks Stu. I had forgotten about this question.

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
That is an important observation. It is comparable to "the stick" in that matter, and not a direct PT that doesn't really give us 5V neither on a PC (amperage).

Not to bust anyones chops here, but I dont believe we have ever claimed it to do anything except be as a normal eGo, but with USB charging / possibility of vaping while charging.

The reason we dont do direct USB at 5 volt, is that we believe it is unsafe for your computer, and your e-cigarette, and also the atomizers are not build to handle it. So while some people might enjoy it, it is not a "mainstream" option at the moment as you need to know what to do, and how to do it so you dont blow up yourself/your computer/your atomizer. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread