Status
Not open for further replies.

little1199

Verified Member
Mar 16, 2012
k-town TN
Cutting the White Cloud Price...

1. Coupons
Google for the best current offer. Right now it is just 10% off.

2. Become and Affiliate
Affiliates get 20% refund, but you have to accumulate $150 in refunds ($750 in purchases). Since some friends aren't as heavy users as myself, I gave them my affiliate link and give a 15% refund to them... but really, the affiliate is worthwhile just for myself.

3. Don't Order While Cloud Accessories.
Their prices are a rip off. Get the wall and car chargers, lanyards, cases, etc. from eBay. Get skins from the internet. The only White Cloud accessory I use is the USB charger cable.

4. buy cartridges in bulk
When you buy 5 packs of 5 cartridges, you get a 6th pack free. With the affiliate discount it is about $80 for 30 cartridges, each cartridge is about the same as 2 packs for most people.

5. Use the extended warranty battery exchange.
The Cirrus 3 comes with the extended warranty, which allows you to trade out batteries between the 1st and 2nd year.

6. Keep the price in perspective and apples to apples.
With the 10% discount, plus the 20% refund, and exchanging batteries near the 2 year mark, it comes out to about $38 per battery after you deduct the price of the starter kit pack and a reasonable $10 for the accessories.

I agree. It can be affordable. I would have kept paying for their product oblivious to other choices IF they could have shipped me carts that actually worked. I will pay for performance. I have no issue with that. That white cloud was 2x better than similar "mod starter" kits I tried. However, what just ran all over me was the fact I would order the 5 packs, get one free, and half of the cartridges would be thrown in the trash after literally a puff to try them or maybe three hours before they were burnt. Now I have a provari, and Ive wasted roughly... well about $10 on flavors of liquid I don't like. I can't say that I've wasted any more than that. Granted, the startup cost is a little steep, but since I'm not throwing $60 bucks in the trashcan every week or two I am happy with it :)

edit- wording

ProveIt

Feb 21, 2012
United States
Good advice but overall, what a rip-off just to vape. When a person can get much better models such as a Kgo, E-Power, Evo or Riva for $35 - $70, and then just buy cartomizers for $1.25 - $2.00 each and some eliquid, I sure can't see why anyone would buy a White Cloud.

But now I'm wondering why this thread was started. Affilite programs can breed over-hyping a model IMO.
Much better models is a highly subjective characterization, where the needs change from person to person.
In selecting, I based my decision on the reviews at sites where they evaluate dozens of different models - except for price, most consider White Cloud the best.

At $35-$70 each, the ones you listed are comparable in price to the White Cloud batteries with the battery exchange.

The white cloud cartridges are about $2.70 each and last about as long as 2 packs of smokes.

Despite your ridiculous accusations, I believe the author started the thread to share their experience with White Cloud.
I did not see where they provided any link to their affiliation (others have to use their specific link to get credit for their sale).
Obviously if I am advertising the affiliate program and not providing my link, I am not here for profit as you suggest.

ProveIt

Feb 21, 2012
United States
I agree. It can be affordable. I would have kept paying for their product oblivious to other choices IF they could have shipped me carts that actually worked. I will pay for performance. I have no issue with that. That white cloud was 2x better than similar "mod starter" kits I tried. However, what just ran all over me was the fact I would order the 5 packs, get one free, and half of the cartridges would be thrown in the trash after literally a puff to try them or maybe three hours before they were burnt. Now I have a provari, and Ive wasted roughly... well about $10 on flavors of liquid I don't like. I can't say that I've wasted any more than that. Granted, the startup cost is a little steep, but since I'm not throwing $60 bucks in the trashcan every week or two I am happy with it :)

edit- wording

I encountered bad cartridges... until I realized they weren't bad.

In some cases I was drawing too hard and too frequently. This was resolved by going with stronger cartridges and, when needed, giving them time to replenish between hits. This is easy to recognize as the tip gets warm when they are hit too often - the White Cloud cartridge should never warm to the touch.

I found that they were adversely effected if they were allowed to get extremely cold (a concern here in Alaska where the average gaily temperature is below 0 degF in the winter). This was resolved by allowing newer shipments to warm to room temperature for a day, and carrying them in my inside pocket.

I found they were adversely effected by use in cold ambient temperatures (see above temp reference). This was resolved by not using outdoors in extreme cold.

I have had to follow White Cloud's advise and "Hot Box" a couple of cartridges.

Twice I found it wasn't the cartridges but my perception.

In all of these I discovered they weren't bad after letting them sit aside for a day rather than discarding or declaring them bad.

After 100 cartridges, I have found none bad... so either I am extremely lucky, the complaints are misleading, or others are not using them properly.

If you were truly going thru 18 cartridges a week, I believe it is a fair assessment you were not using them properly as this would equate to about 5 packs a day if they were depleted. A more obvious example was the previous user who reported going thru 30 cartridges a week which would equate to about a pack of cigarettes every 4 hours if they were depleted (I don't even think the body could live thru this much nicotine intake for a year).

Since they were depleted, your problem could have been resolved by rotating cartridges, or just letting the "Bad" cartridges sit for a day. I suspect but cannot confirm that hitting them too hard or too often might damage the cartridge.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Much better models is a highly subjective characterization, where the needs change from person to person.
In selecting, I based my decision on the reviews at sites where they evaluate dozens of different models - except for price, most consider White Cloud the best.

At $35-$70 each, the ones you listed are comparable in price to the White Cloud batteries with the battery exchange.

The white cloud cartridges are about $2.70 each and last about as long as 2 packs of smokes............

I haven't read this much BS in a while here on ECF. First, the E-Power I recommend regularly cost $35 - $70 for the whole kit including 5 cartomizers or two atomizers and eliquid and two batteries and charger, of course. The batteries will last any where from 6 months to a year before needing to be replaced. The batteries cost all of, wait for it, $4.00. Even the Kgo batteries can easily be had for $12 - $15 each to replace one and last as long. And the E-Power/Kgo batteries will give a person anywhere from 6 - 8 hours on a charge unlike the dinky White Cloud batteries.

Second, no, and I mean no, cartridge is equal to two packs of smokes, lol. That is just a flat out lie. Two to three smokes is what a cartridge will last. So you might be able to sling that BS to some uninformed, inexperienced person thinking about vaping, but it will not fly around here.

Last edited:

ProveIt

Feb 21, 2012
United States
I haven't read this much BS in a while here on ECF. First, the E-Power I recommend regularly cost $35 - $70 for the whole kit including 5 cartomizers or two atomizers and eliquid and two batteries and charger, of course. The batteries will last any where from 6 months to a year before needing to be replaced. The batteries cost all of, wait for it, $4.00. Even the Kgo batteries can easily be had for $12 - $15 each to replace one and last as long. And the E-Power/Kgo batteries will give a person anywhere from 6 - 8 hours on a charge unlike the dinky White Cloud batteries.

Second, no, and I mean no, cartridge is equal to two packs of smokes, lol. That is just a flat out lie. Two to three smokes is what a cartridge will last. So you might be able to sling that BS to some uninformed, inexperienced person thinking about vaping, but it will not fly around here.

No BS to it - just a straight comparison.

"Much better models is a highly subjective characterization" - no BS to this, I was just using their posted numbers.

"Second, no, and I mean no, cartridge is equal to two packs of smokes, lol."
This is false. As someone who smoked about 1-1/2 packs a day - if used properly, yes - they do last about as long as 2 packs.

Side note - you do realize 'LOL" is a dead give away you have nothing of value to add, attempting to replace content with insult?

"And the E-Power/Kgo batteries will give a person anywhere from 6 - 8 hours on a charge unlike the dinky White Cloud batteries."
This is false - my batteries do last about 1 cartridge/2 days - whichever comes 1st (I typically use a cartridge in 1 to 1-1/2 days). Obviously, despite your unbacked claims, they are not equal battery assemblies.

"Two to three smokes is what a cartridge will last. So you might be able to sling that BS to some uninformed, inexperienced person thinking about vaping, but it will not fly around here. "
I feel extremely confident saying my nicotine addiction was a bit more than 3 cigarettes every 1 to 1-1/2 days.

A review by a (EDIT) who has nothing of value to add other than "I don't like this product" and anyone who does is lying
-vs.-
content user reviews on this site, reviews by other site owners who compare dozens of brands (and not others like yourself grinding an ax), and personal experience - I will go with the latter every time.

If you have something of nominal value - such as when 1 product should and should not be picked over another - or a discount - or technical information such as interchangeable parts - feel free to jump in.

If all you have is expressions of .... hurt because someone dared detail something you dislike, you are doing a disservice to this forum's purpose and its users.

Last edited by a moderator:

ProveIt

Feb 21, 2012
United States

...or did you mean to consider BS the general statement "Much better models is a highly subjective characterization"

...or was it the response to your paranoid accusation that everyone was profiting by being an affilaite (never mind that I encourage accessories from elsewhere, no affiliate link has been posted, and I encourage others to take the full discount) - yeah, 20% off is BS...

...or maybe it was your accusation the thread author had intentions other than sharing his experience that was BS...

...or perhaps it is BS that anyone would like a product you don't...

...or more likely, you simply have nothing of value to add, but an uncontrollable urge to call everything that speaks highly of a product you dislike as BS.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
ProveIT, your experiences are very non-typical. I smoked less than a pack a day and I consume over 3000 mAh of battery charge each day and never less than 5ml of juice. My consumption is near the higher end of typical, but not the highest that I've ever encountered. Your experience is so far to the lowest end of what I have read or seen that is seems unbelievable.

I'll take you at your word, but it would be nice if you understood that what you relate is the lowest end of the spectrum that has been encountered on ECF in my memory. It's great that you have found something so simple, easy, and straight forward for yourself. The OP would have been pleased with the unit too and probably wouldn't have been searching for something better if the vendor could have kept the OP supplied. Then the OP discovered the price differences and was even less pleased. Again, your experience was different.

little1199

Verified Member
Mar 16, 2012
k-town TN
ProveIT- this sounds like something apple said when people started having iPhone 4 troubles. "It's not the company. That's impossible. It's the user."

Either way I've moved on to a mod that is working for me and I'm glad that white cloud is working for you. I'm not on these forums to argue which company is better because everyone has a different opinion. I just wanted to share my experience so that someone considering buying white cloud and stumbled on this forum could see my personal experience with a particular company :)

ProveIt

Feb 21, 2012
United States
ProveIT, your experiences are very non-typical. I smoked less than a pack a day and I consume over 3000 mAh of battery charge each day and never less than 5ml of juice. My consumption is near the higher end of typical, but not the highest that I've ever encountered. Your experience is so far to the lowest end of what I have read or seen that is seems unbelievable.

I'll take you at your word, but it would be nice if you understood that what you relate is the lowest end of the spectrum that has been encountered on ECF in my memory. It's great that you have found something so simple, easy, and straight forward for yourself. The OP would have been pleased with the unit too and probably wouldn't have been searching for something better if the vendor could have kept the OP supplied. Then the OP discovered the price differences and was even less pleased. Again, your experience was different.

I have no misunderstanding.

It is typical power consumption for White Cloud when used properly. As you list out specs, then I am certain you also know it is Dependant on the duration of use and load - it isn't a mAh to ml of juice relationship. Since you are talking with familiarity with the product, then you must also know that White Cloud claims their main difference is the efficiency of the cartridge.

I actually use the cartridges heavier than most, a correlation to being a 1-1/2 pack a day smoker of Marlboro Medium 100s - hardly the lower end of the spectrum.

He would have been better served if the discussion had taken place before his purchase rather than everyone ranting - elsewhere I note from comments including his that the White Cloud brand is not a good option for continuous use, but is designed to be used like 1:1 replacement for a cigarette (you don't take a drag off a cigarette every few minutes). After sale he might have gained time had he known the problem could have been alleviated by rotating cartridges until he found an option which better suited his usage... or maybe if forum users quit ranting long enough we might learn that they are discussing an earlier product model in some circumstances (White Cloud claims a 3x gain in battery life between models).

I do not recall any comments he made about a lack of availability, and have never seen reports of White Cloud being out of stock - I have found delivery faster than expected, but this may be a peculiarity of my location, so I wouldn't claim it as the norm.

The price is what it is... but it is not the exaggerated numbers tossed around.

Your characterization of it as being the opinion of the "OP" reflects much of the problem. The forum shouldn't be the promotion or drop of 1 brand over another since different people have very different needs - there should be no room for an 'OP" mentality in an informational forum.

While it is a completely foreign concept to most, I am not promoting 1 type over another, but I am promoting the dissemination of accurate information so vapers can better select a product that is best for them - I never said his brand was good or bad, but I did state the information he presented shows the problem was a mismatch between his needs/usage and the product, not a defect in the product.

The site can be used to present information not available elsewhere (I have listed where White Cloud is and is not a good option based on a person's needs), technical support (I listed situations where the cartridge did not function correctly under specific circumstances), cost savings (I listed how to cut the cost by 20-60%), product options (I listed where accessories can be purchased at a fraction of the manufacturer's cost), etc. - information far for useful than "You say you like White Cloud - you must be making money from it" or "I had problems - the product must suck because it couldn't possibly be that I am not using it as designed."

...but when it is used as a rant on 1 product while promoting another, the site loses its usefulness to most in favor of a select group with similar habits.

ProveIt

Feb 21, 2012
United States
ProveIT- this sounds like something apple said when people started having iPhone 4 troubles. "It's not the company. That's impossible. It's the user."

Either way I've moved on to a mod that is working for me and I'm glad that white cloud is working for you. I'm not on these forums to argue which company is better because everyone has a different opinion. I just wanted to share my experience so that someone considering buying white cloud and stumbled on this forum could see my personal experience with a particular company :)

This is a false characterization. I never claimed there was or wasn't a problem - I do link the rants to using the product in a way it was not designed for - when you don't use a product the way it was designed, there is a good chance it does not perform well. Whether or not that is a problem is based on perspective and your definition of problem.

This is a false characterization. I never claimed you were promoting a product, but I did explain from experience and other comments that the problems you had were a result of usage, not a broader product defect.

When you were going thru nearly 2-1/2 cartridges a day while other heavy long term smokers were reporting less than a cartridge a day, it should have sent off a warning that the problem might be more in your usage rather than the product quality or design.

Like others, you could have benefited more from a discussion than a rant. While there isn't much that can be done going back wards, it can be corrected for others going forward... provided forum users value the info and service more than a chance to rant.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
While it is a completely foreign concept to most, I am not promoting 1 type over another, but I am promoting the dissemination of accurate information so vapers can better select a product that is best for them - I never said his brand was good or bad, but I did state the information he presented shows the problem was a mismatch between his needs/usage and the product, not a defect in the product.
Dude, pretty much everybody reading your posts understands that your information is bogus.
I'll just leave it at that.

ProveIt

Feb 21, 2012
United States
Dude, pretty much everybody reading your posts understands that your information is bogus.
I'll just leave it at that.

This is not Brave New World where if you repeat a statement 10,800 times it becomes a truth.
You can expand the usefulness of the forum, or you can limit it in favor of rants and product promotion.

Feel free to pull the tin foil down tighter over your head and stand with the rest who believe everyone is lying to them in a conspiracy.

Grandmother taught me to never try to teach a pig to sing so I will follow her advice.

Please enter 4 tokens and try again - the advise I am offering includes times not to use the product, ways to slash the price, etc.

Perhaps you would like to return to your self contradiction of simultaneously describing others comments as "OP" while claiming not to be promoting a product or position... they are mutually exclusive.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
The problem some of us have with vendors such as White Cloud is they are extremely overpriced and prey on unsuspecting newbies. Many of us know the profit margins of Ecig hardware and juice and it's obvious there is a certain lack of ethics with White Cloud in regards to their pricing. I tell new vapers if the vendor does not state the mah of the PV walk/ run away. I could recommend an equal product that sells for $20.00, is very highly rated but is also known to have low batt life and is stated by the vendor as such.
I'll tell you a story that directly relates to this subject. A neighbor's friend, at the cottage, had previously spent a total of almost $400.00 for 2 Starter Kits. When he saw I had an Ecig he began laughing and told me his story and how Ecigs were a scam. I asked him what flavors he and his wife liked, went to the cottage, got some filled cartos and 2 Kgos. He vaped and could not believe the quality. He then asked me some questions and called his wife to try it. She was utterly amazed. I told them to keep them overnite and we'd talk. The next morning he was at my door with $400.00 cash LOL. When I told him the total cost was $130.00 for the kits and cartos he was speechless. He knows I'm active with charities and gave me the $400.00 anyways...I will be giving them free juice for awhile and the extra $$ will go to a program I'm running that helps convert those that cannot afford the hardware and juice= win win...last week he and his wife called me and said they were 100% analog free and grateful for the advice. They had smoked for 45 yrs.
I've lost count of how many people I've run into that have gotten the wrong impression of Ecigs because of these low quality/ high cost PVs and when we're dealing with people's lives and health it just doesn't seem right.
The bottom line I direct people to vendors that sell quality products at a reasonable price and clearly reveal ALL information to potential vapers.
Just my 2 cents and experience.

little1199

Verified Member
Mar 16, 2012
k-town TN
I might have missed typed something or not proofread my posts, but I wasn't trying to do a rant. I just wanted to put MY personal info in on a company that I (and a few other people according to the google search i just did) personally and humbly believe.

We (yes im speaking for two people with different smoking styles) used white cloud for almost a year. 6 months after we began using them is when the issues started and a few months later is when I bailed. I'll be the first to say their customer service is great, Batteries are wonderful, and prices are justifiable for the individuals who can use their product reliably/ correctly. I feel like my opinion was perceived as an attack when rather it was a suggestion to look at options that may be more future proof based on my individual experience.

Just to clarify- my definition of future proof- the ability to evolve to my ever changing needs whether it be flavor, throat hit, battery life, or cost savings.

Edit- I didn't know sharing of opinions deemed me ".... hurt" however, I'll take another ".... hurting" or 50 while I'm trying different mods/ companies so I can put my opinion on the Internet for thousands to read and decide for themselves if I'm complaining of .... hurt, loving the product, or just a crazy fanboy of the newest mod I buy.

I'm sorry I brought all this up. I'm done. For everyone who comes across this thread, my bad, all of ECF isn't like this. I'll accept full responsibility for all of this back and forth nonsense. Advice i think we can all agree on -Vape on, no matter what vendor you chose, it's a heck of alot better than smoking!

Last edited:

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
No BS to it - just a straight comparison.

"Much better models is a highly subjective characterization" - no BS to this, I was just using their posted numbers.

"Second, no, and I mean no, cartridge is equal to two packs of smokes, lol."
This is false. As someone who smoked about 1-1/2 packs a day - if used properly, yes - they do last about as long as 2 packs.

Side note - you do realize 'LOL" is a dead give away you have nothing of value to add, attempting to replace content with insult?

"And the E-Power/Kgo batteries will give a person anywhere from 6 - 8 hours on a charge unlike the dinky White Cloud batteries."
This is false - my batteries do last about 1 cartridge/2 days - whichever comes 1st (I typically use a cartridge in 1 to 1-1/2 days). Obviously, despite your unbacked claims, they are not equal battery assemblies.

"Two to three smokes is what a cartridge will last. So you might be able to sling that BS to some uninformed, inexperienced person thinking about vaping, but it will not fly around here. "
I feel extremely confident saying my nicotine addiction was a bit more than 3 cigarettes every 1 to 1-1/2 days.

A review by a (EDIT)who has nothing of value to add other than "I don't like this product" and anyone who does is lying
-vs.-
content user reviews on this site, reviews by other site owners who compare dozens of brands (and not others like yourself grinding an ax), and personal experience - I will go with the latter every time.

If you have something of nominal value - such as when 1 product should and should not be picked over another - or a discount - or technical information such as interchangeable parts - feel free to jump in.

If all you have is expressions of .... hurt because someone dared detail something you dislike, you are doing a disservice to this forum's purpose and its users.

...or did you mean to consider BS the general statement "Much better models is a highly subjective characterization"

...or was it the response to your paranoid accusation that everyone was profiting by being an affilaite (never mind that I encourage accessories from elsewhere, no affiliate link has been posted, and I encourage others to take the full discount) - yeah, 20% off is BS...

...or maybe it was your accusation the thread author had intentions other than sharing his experience that was BS...

...or perhaps it is BS that anyone would like a product you don't...

...or more likely, you simply have nothing of value to add, but an uncontrollable urge to call everything that speaks highly of a product you dislike as BS.

I'm going to try and keep this simple for you. Many of us on ECF have been vaping 2 -3 years or more. Many of us have used anywhere from 3 - 4 to 20+ different PV's. All in different sizes, battery configuations, cartomizers, atomizers, clearomizers, tanks, etc. And including the White Cloud and it's equivalent model. Just our personal experience coupled with reading thousands of posts on this and other vaping sites and the Vape Fests we have attended around the country, makes many of us well educated in the comparative analysis of different model PV's. And also add to that our understanding of the physics of battery performance which you obviously don't understand. So when I state that the performance claims you make for the White Cloud PV is not plausible, I and many others on this forum have the real experience to back up that assertation.

I could care less if you think the White Cloud is great, other than I am glad it is working for you. What I do care about is you intentionally misleading some new person on this forum into thinking that paying $350 for a mini battery PV with claims that a cartridge is equivalent to 2 packs of cigarettes and the batteries last two days.

This forum has an excellent reputation for helping new people find PV's that perform well. You making claims about a model that is not physically capable of doing what you state it does is just plain dishonest.

Based on your inability to comprehend the basics of vaping when it comes to battery and cartridge capabilites and how you list information on White Cloud like it is coming from their corporate headquarters PR department, my guess is you either work for the company or have a financial incentive to make such claims hoping some new person will fall for it. If so, that is grounds to be banned from this forum. Regardless if I am right or wrong on what your purpose is, you are not helping any new people by making claims about a product that is dead wrong and impossible for you to support. Especially one that is obscenely over priced.

Last edited by a moderator:

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
The problem some of us have with vendors such as White Cloud is they are extremely overpriced and prey on unsuspecting newbies. Many of us know the profit margins of Ecig hardware and juice and it's obvious there is a certain lack of ethics with White Cloud in regards to their pricing. I tell new vapers if the vendor does not state the mah of the PV walk/ run away. I could recommend an equal product that sells for $20.00, is very highly rated but is also known to have low batt life and is stated by the vendor as such.
I'll tell you a story that directly relates to this subject. A neighbor's friend, at the cottage, had previously spent a total of almost $400.00 for 2 Starter Kits. When he saw I had an Ecig he began laughing and told me his story and how Ecigs were a scam. I asked him what flavors he and his wife liked, went to the cottage, got some filled cartos and 2 Kgos. He vaped and could not believe the quality. He then asked me some questions and called his wife to try it. She was utterly amazed. I told them to keep them overnite and we'd talk. The next morning he was at my door with $400.00 cash LOL. When I told him the total cost was $130.00 for the kits and cartos he was speechless. He knows I'm active with charities and gave me the $400.00 anyways...I will be giving them free juice for awhile and the extra $$ will go to a program I'm running that helps convert those that cannot afford the hardware and juice= win win...last week he and his wife called me and said they were 100% analog free and grateful for the advice. They had smoked for 45 yrs.
I've lost count of how many people I've run into that have gotten the wrong impression of Ecigs because of these low quality/ high cost PVs and when we're dealing with people's lives and health it just doesn't seem right.
The bottom line I direct people to vendors that sell quality products at a reasonable price and clearly reveal ALL information to potential vapers.
Just my 2 cents and experience.

Vapoor, one of the best posts I have read in quite a while here on ECF. Thank you for sharing your story and for cutting to the chase with over-priced, poor performing PV models that do more harm than good in helping people transition off analogs.

GWG73

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2012
Florida
It's a ripoff...period. I'm right there with most everyone else that as long as it gets you off of analogs, great! I started with V2Cigs, and quickly abandoned them. This, however, is a complete ripoff....I'm just gonna' call like I (my opinion) see it....$350 for an 808 kit?.....$100 for a replacement battery...come on! I've never actually seen the mall vendor ones, but from what I've read, this looks worse than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread