OMG almost got burned!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

unkuser

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2009
New Yawk
I just got home after a subway ride and almost got burned with my V2!.

At first I started smelling something burning. Like smoke, I realized it was very close. I pulled my V2 out of my jacket pocket and it was smoking!!. The cartomizer I had was half way burned, and it was extremely hot to the touch. People in the subway were all staring at the smoke. I unplugged the cartomizer almost burning my fingers and threw it at the floor. It kept smoking for a few seconds before fading away.

Afraid, I removed the batteries out of the V2 and put it back in my pocket. But that was a scary experience. The V2 self activated by its own. I will have to remember to remove the cart every time I finish from now on. This is the first it has happened, after receiving the "upgrade" parts for the switch/button.

Will post pictures of the burned cartomizers tomorrow. Too tired

:evil:

BrockJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2009
Dallas, Texas
I wish they made a switch with a lock. Dont think it would be too difficult.

You should design one and send it to them... If they use it, they'll send you a free one.

Their are mfg's that make PV's with switches that lock. Most don't...

The PS website says nothing about a locking switch.

If that's something you wanted in a device, you bought the wrong one.

It has nothing to do with the V2.. It's how it was used..

Pull the atty if it's going into a tight pocket or somewhere the switch can become depressed.

I carry mine all day and it never fires by itself...

jova3

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
El Paso currently
one time i had a surefire flashlight in my pocket and suddenly noticed my thigh felt like it was on fire. the flashlight was on in my pocket. can't really blame surefire for burning my leg.

but yeah, as long as you disconnect the atty, and don't have any loose metal objects floating around in your pocket, you should be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread