Not open for further replies.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Make sure she has rabies shot!

If opossums are all she attacks, she's fine without her shot. Opossums can't carry either rabies virus...their body temperature is too low. I didn't know this until I asked my vet about a dog I had along time ago that would eat the darn things.

Mirage Hart

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2011
KC, MO
Maddy is my outdoor cat... the deck by the backdoor is stained in blood from all the carnage that has been deposited there by her. She will kill anything, and is afraid of nothing! However, she must have a soft spot for bunnies... as usually when she brings them they are still alive. Here's one she brought us a couple years back... It was bigger than her!

Attachments

• Bunny-1.jpg
    Bunny-1.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 23

Tracker II

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2011
Illinois
One of the funniest expressions I have ever seen on my wife's face was when we were in a friends shed and she was watching a bunch of young kittens batting around a toy. Only when she approached the kittens to pick up the toy and play with them did she realize that it was a severed baby bunny's head. The look on her face (before she screamed) was priceless!

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
One of the funniest expressions I have ever seen on my wife's face was when we were in a friends shed and she was watching a bunch of young kittens batting around a toy. Only when she approached the kittens to pick up the toy and play with them did she realize that it was a severed baby bunny's head. The look on her face (before she screamed) was priceless!

Hee hee hee. That's Nature red, in tooth and claw!

Felines are practically perfectly designed to be predators.

VpnDrgn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Gulfport, MS.
Out in the country we feed the strays so they'll hang around and take care of the vermin.
Our local animal shelter has a program to fix feral cats and tag em before releasing them back
in the area they came from.

One stray that moved in had 2 litters back to back before I could take her to be fixed. She was
a tiny little thing, might have been a pure breed. All of her kittens where tiny too and it was
fascinating to watch them stalk anything stupid enough to come in our yard. You could just hear
that old guy on the nature program as they would spread out and cut off a squirrel from getting
back to his tree.

One day I heard a lot of screeching and yowling going on out in the yard and I looked out the
window in time to see a big bad pit bull heading for the road yelping like crazy with three cats
stuck to his back. I about peed myself laughing so hard.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
One day I heard a lot of screeching and yowling going on out in the yard and I looked out the
window in time to see a big bad pit bull heading for the road yelping like crazy with three cats

I saw my mother-in-law's wild cat (only she could pet it) turn their German Shepherd around one day. It was like ninja kitty in action. 180 degree spin with claws out...laid poor Max's nose wide open. He yelped all the way across her pasture back to the pen. It was funny but wasn't...we had to take Max to the vet and the big guy got 5 stitches. Don't get me wrong, I love dogs also (I have 6) but when the kitties prevail, it's a blast.

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
Out in the country we feed the strays so they'll hang around and take care of the vermin.
Our local animal shelter has a program to fix feral cats and tag em before releasing them back
in the area they came from.

One stray that moved in had 2 litters back to back before I could take her to be fixed. She was
a tiny little thing, might have been a pure breed. All of her kittens where tiny too and it was
fascinating to watch them stalk anything stupid enough to come in our yard. You could just hear
that old guy on the nature program as they would spread out and cut off a squirrel from getting
back to his tree. :lol:Just like a pack of lionesses!!:hubba:

:lol::lol::lol:
:ohmy: Poor doggie!! :ohmy:
:lol::lol::lol:

jeannest

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2010
New York
My cat, Sophie, is an indoor cat. She's declawed (I didn't do this to her, we adopted her from a shelter and her previous owner must have did it) so she wouldn't do well outside. She likes to sit on the window ledge in the house and watch the bunnies, squirrels and birds. Her eyes get real beady and she looks like she'd like to kill them! I like how cats are such predators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread