TPD madness and replacement parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

crayfishx

Oct 18, 2013
Malaga, Spain
So I had an incident with my ProCore Aires tank from Joytech the other night and broke the glass - figured this should be easily solvable since Joytech sell the replacement glass online so went to order a couple. It turns out that they cannot ship this to Spain where I live due to TPD regulations in Europe restricting cross border sales (for a piece of glass!?)

Yet another example of how this legislation is just plain ridiculous - but more on point, does anyone know how I can get around this? Do I need to order a small piece of glass to be sent all the way from the U.S. rather than from the UK just because of cross border issues within the EU?

I really miss my Procore Aires, I switched to a smok TVF8 when I broke my glass but it's not the same.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
for a piece of glass
Yep. As soon as it's for vaping, TPD applies. That's why wire and cotton for vaping also need health and/or nicotine warnings on em...

My guess is they didn't register that glass by itself so no matter if it's part of a registered tank it would need its own registration number (in Spain). I totally get that they don't want to go through the hassle of registering every nut and bolt of every device they make.

This POS legistlation needs a serious revision and the people who pulled it out of their arses need to be put into an insane asylum.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
...It turns out that they cannot ship this to Spain where I live due to TPD regulations in Europe restricting cross border sales (for a piece of glass!?)

Yet another example of how this legislation is just plain ridiculous...

The reason parts have to be covered (even the glass) is that if they weren't it would be theoretically possible to order whole devices by buying all the parts separately and bypassing regulations. Yes it sucks when you just need one replacement part, but I can sort of understand why they cover parts. Now as to does the overall legislation make sense? Not really.

• Agree

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
The thing is that leads to absolutely nonsensical real world consequences like cotton with a nicotine warning or customs refusing to let a bag of tiny screws pass because they're for a vape. You can buy the exact same screws from an optician for 10x the price though and they don't have a nicotine warning and he doesn't check your age... strange. An atomizer deck or a drip tip? Ok, that's clearly for vaping. A piece of glass tube or a bag of screws? What about an off-the-shelf electronic component? That crosses a line that's better left untouched.
Take that together with the then-praised "market harmonization" that didn't happen because each EU country now has different laws for vaping and you have the kafkaesque abomination we're witnessing right now.

This legislation is ridiculous and it really shows that it was passed by a bunch of bureaucratic monkeyclowns that don't know what they're doing. Let's hope the FDA gets their .... together so our murican brothers and sisters don't have to deal with this kind of patronizing bs.

• Agree

crayfishx

Oct 18, 2013
Malaga, Spain
Meanwhile there is still a thriving industry of companies buying up bins of batteries from overseas, inventing ridiculous amp ratings and selling them onto unsuspecting consumers seemingly with no oversight at all - I would have loved to see some regulation around that, making wholesalers responsible for proving authenticity and source of batteries - much like the food industry.... but no, something that can quite literally blow your face off?... Carry on, nothing to regulate here, we're too busy with important things like making liquid bottles and tanks smaller - that's where the real danger is.

Idiots.

Sorry, rant over.

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
Man.

In Japan and Australia they ban nicotine juice sales.

In Singapore they ban vaping, penalty of imprisonment.

In Europe adults are treated like children.

In America big tobacco is buying politicians left and right, banning flavours, deeming regulations, making it hard to stop smoking in general.

We don't have it perfect here, we have our problems too; but i'm thankful that its the citizen's interest that usually prevails.

Things like Bill 148 make me feel fortunate to live where I do.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread