USPS - Shipping Concern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nessus

Jan 28, 2010
Long Island, NY
I've read in previous threads that sometimes the shipping time can vary between orders. Most of the time it was due to either high volume of orders (weekend special sales) or snow storms in parts of the country.

I've ordered from V4L about 4 times now. Recently when tracking my package to be shipped to NY I found that this time it was shipped to Atlanta GA instead of its usual hop in Pittsburgh PA. Is the tracking/confirm function on the USPS site just not reliable or could my package be mistakenly shipped somewhere else?

Here are my tracking details

Label/Receipt Number: 9101 8052 1390 7283 1662 39
Class: Priority Mail®
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

Your item was processed through and left our ATLANTA, GA 30320 facility on February 18, 2010. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:

Processed through Sort Facility, February 18, 2010, 7:19 pm, ATLANTA, GA 30320
Processed through Sort Facility, February 18, 2010, 2:07 am, MACON, GA 31204
Processed through Sort Facility, February 17, 2010, 12:43 am, CHICAGO, IL 60701
Electronic Shipping Info Received, February 15, 2010

I'm only concerned because my first order from V4L took about 2 days to get to me once it was shipped. However since I've been ordering it's been taking increasingly longer and I don't want to get myself in a dry spot with juice. I don't have any problems with V4L, I would like to know if this is common so I can better schedule my orders.

Anyone have any similar stories or opinions? Thank you :)

flying low

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2009
San Mateo, CA
Never believe the USPS tracking system. They don't update regularly. Often, it will show that the package is still in their system after it has already arrived and I am happily testing out my new stuff.
I have not had any issues with delivery - typically, I receive my orders the 3rd day from when V4L emails me my shipping notice and I am in Northern California!

Brandnew vper

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2010
BATAVIA, NY
Yes i came here about to post almost the same thing today. I usually get my orders 2 to 3 days from the shipping notice on the email. I wouldnt trust USPS tracking system. They are automated and sometimes way wrong. The mailman told me because there system for automated tracking numbers is bunk! He said sometimes the tracking number confuses the system and relays different numbers. Hence that might not even be your package you see in ATL. I have been tracking mine. Sense wednesday and it goes from chi town and usually right to my town which is east. Today i see that my package went farther east which is right past my town into the next city?? really dumb. Then i get the mail today and its Here! really funky but i woulnt worry. USPS tracking system is flawed and if its not there in three or 4 days then there is a problem.;)

Kimmy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
Get this, I live in PA, and my atomic fire ball juice (coming from california w/ a dollar cheaper shipping) came here in 2-3 days. My v4l order I placed last sunday is expected to come tomorrow. Makes NO sense. Never rely on USPS, they will let you down almost every time. Always stock up a little more than you think you'll need, than you'll never have to rely on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread