Nach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
Chicagoland, USA
jazco.net
Hi David,

I have had many thoughts about your VapeMate device. I've always wanted one since they were launched, but at that time I wasn't a dripper and an exclusive tank user. Now that I am an avid dripper, when I look at the VapeMate product page, I see items that need to be addressed before this product came back to production.

The main issue I see with the VapeMate and today's modern vapers is the hole used to vacuum the vapor out of the atty. That hole needs to be much larger!!

I know with the current design, it is not possible due to how close the juice hole is. But if you can manage getting the "vape hole" larger, let's say the diameter of T-tip holes, while still being able to feed juice inside, you will have a nice updated product that I'm sure will appeal to much more people than previously.:2cool:

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
Hi David,

I have had many thoughts about your VapeMate device. I've always wanted one since they were launched, but at that time I wasn't a dripper and an exclusive tank user. Now that I am an avid dripper, when I look at the VapeMate product page, I see items that need to be addressed before this product came back to production.

The main issue I see with the VapeMate and today's modern vapers is the hole used to vacuum the vapor out of the atty. That hole needs to be much larger!!

I know with the current design, it is not possible due to how close the juice hole is. But if you can manage getting the "vape hole" larger, let's say the diameter of T-tip holes, while still being able to feed juice inside, you will have a nice updated product that I'm sure will appeal to much more people than previously.:2cool:

This is true. When I put the VapeMate on today's dripping atties (which might not be tomorrow's dripping atties by any stretch) the air passage restricts them. Also I've found that today's atties' drip tip depth varies wildly. Some fit, some bottom out.

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
I had imagined it like this...

Take a Tanbur T-tip for example... It fits into an atty... Where the VapeMate feeds juice might come from the side of that Tanbur and flowing down and out the bottom of the T-tip.
Oh! So like an integrated unit! Yeah! :)
Might be a little complex to machine. :?:

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Yeah, how vaping has changed. It is interesting isn't it when you compare airflow desires now with back in the day. No plans to make a bigger one at this point though, it just isn't cost effective anymore. The Chinese copied the VM and were selling it for a couple bucks each. When we had the vapemates made, we contracted the machining out and they cost us 32.00 EACH to be made. Anyone who thinks the Chinese aren't effecting American innovation and manufacturing are truly unaware of the real costs of US manufacturing. I've said it before, Chinese prices are often no reflection of what it costs them to make it, Chinese industry is subsidized by their gov't.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread