hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hello and welcome back for a new review. This time I will be taking a look at the vaporesso Xros Pro kit that was sent to me by Sourcemore in order to provide you with a fair and honest review. I used to do reviews for vaporesso and was able to review the original Xros, Xros Mini, Xros 2, and Xros 3. I have been a longtime fan of the Xros devices and pods and use one daily as a pocket carry at work.

The Xros Pro has an increased battery capacity of 1200mah compared to the 1000mah of previous versions. It has a 30 watt maximum output. The new cartridges with COREX inside are now available in a .4 ohm resistance with a 3ml liquid capacity. The Pro is the first Xros model with a display screen to show wattage level for the .4 ohm pod. It can be fired using the button or auto draw. It has a sliding lock button that locks the fire button but allows the user to still fire in auto draw mode.

kAfjoSB.jpeg

koNo2MF.jpeg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?
    tXSyOee.jpeg

SPECIFICATIONS:

BrandVaporesso
    Product NameXROS Pro Kit
    Dimensions24.4*18.45*119.7mm
    Pod Capacity3ml
    Resistance0.4Ω
    Battery Capacity1200mAh
    Max Output30W
    ChargingType-C, 2A
    FillingTop filling
    ChargingType-C
    ColorBlack, Silver, Red, Blue, Green, Orange, Pink

G8ius8J.jpeg

FEATURES:

1. Industry's first pod with slide-lock button

2. 1200mAh battery, 35-minute full charge

3. Lock button, never misfire

4. New 0.4ohm pod with COREX inside

5. Up to 30W precise power & airflow control

6. Provide RDL vaping

7. AXON super pulse mode and COREX heating tech

8. Compatible with all XROS pods

9. One screen to show everything

10. One button to operate everything

11. Dual activation mode: button activation, auto draw

12. 3ml pod capacity, top filling system

13. Adopts SSS Tech: anti leaking, anti-messing

TgmpNhN.jpeg

U0ffK7i.jpeg

GZYmeyo.jpeg

PynB4jM.jpeg

FNwr5OJ.jpeg

EZTqtF7.jpeg

FGW7hQL.jpeg

gS3twXj.jpeg

Ap4P9M9.jpeg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

I have been a longtime fan of the Vaporesso Xros series of pod devices. At one point I was a reviewer for Vaporesso and was exposed to the original Xros while reviewing for them. I was immediately hooked on the Xros series for pocket carrying at work. I have used the Xros, Xros Mini, Xros 2, Xros 3, and the Xros Pro. I have yet to try the newly released Xros 4 but most likely will at some point.

The packaging for the Xros Pro is similar to what I’ve seen in the past. The front of the box has the Vaporesso logo in green in the background with a really nice color picture of the actual device contained inside. The Vaporesso and Xros Pro names appear in large white font on the top and bottom. The back side of the box has a list of specifications, packing list, company information, and a bar code with the color name and liquid capacity. I have to admit that I was a little disappointed that I got the kit that didn’t include the .4 ohm pods since some features are only useable with those pods.

1714872631761.png

1714872700557.png

Once the box is opened then the user is greeted by a black pouch with the Vaporesso name printed on it. Inside the pouch is the user manual and a couple information cards. Underneath the pouch, the Pro with the .6 ohm pod, USB-C charging cable, and spare 1.0 ohm are visible sitting in a black plastic tray.

1714872805232.png

1714872832375.png

1714872854678.png

The Pro comes with a clear sticker over the front that gives the user immediate instructions on how to operate the device. As you can see, the Vaporesso name is branded near the top of the front followed by the multifunction button and the display screen. The Xros Pro shows the following information on the display. Honestly I find a hard time reading the display.

• LOCK/ UNLOCK SYMBOL
    • PUFF COUNTER
    • BATTERY LEVEL PERCENTAGE
    When using the .6/.7/.8/1.0/1.2 ohm pods press the fire button 3X to switch between Power, Normal, and Eco modes of operation. When using the .4 ohm pod then you press the button 3X to adjust the actual wattage. This is why I mentioned earlier that I was disappointed that I did not receive a kit with the .4 ohm pod.

Besides being able to adjust the mode or wattage depending on the pod used, you can also use the button to fire the mod if the lock button located on the side is not in the lock position. The mod will fire only in auto draw mode with the lock button in the on position. If it is then you will see a lock symbol on the display when you press the button. Also there is an LED function that can be turned on/off by pressing the button 2X. To reset the puff counter, press the button 4X. Finally, to turn the mod on/off press the button 5X. The LED that I mentioned is a battery level indicator. The indications are as follows.

• Green = 70-100%
      • Blue = 30-70%
      • Red = 0-30%

Attachments

• 1714872910325.png
      1714872910325.png
      3.7 MB · Views: 3
    • 1714872935308.png
      1714872935308.png
      3.5 MB · Views: 2
    • 1714872966595.png
      1714872966595.png
      2.1 MB · Views: 2
    • 1714873018483.png
      1714873018483.png
      2 MB · Views: 1
    • 1714873042066.png
      1714873042066.png
      2.7 MB · Views: 1

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Nice review Hitt, how is the flavor with the 0.6Ω and how well is the hand fit.
    Thanks. I used a guava green tea in the .6 and thought the flavor was really good. The front of the pro has a gradual incline and is much thicker than the Xros 3 but it’s comfortable to hold but at least twice as heavy as the 3.

Users who are viewing this thread