Vecee Disposables: The V1 and V4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jen Bee

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2020
Vecee Disposables: The V1 and V4!

Hello vaping community! Today, we will be looking at some of the newest disposables to hit the vaping scene from Vecee (thank you, Jhanlos!).

Vecee are a relatively new brand, and they are (per their website) a subsidiary of Yocan which is probably the more familiar name amongst vapers. They have come out with a few ranges of disposables, and we shall be looking at two of these in this review: the V1 and V4.

My review will be from my own experience of using these devices in everyday life as a regular vaper.

Vecee V1

upload_2022-5-2_15-24-57.png

Quick specs:

- 88.5 x 14 x 14 mm. It’s probably the smallest disposable I’ve ever used!

- 400 mAh battery

- Made from plastic (no info on specific type).

- Has a vertical mesh coil (I couldn’t find any information on coil resistance, though).

- 2mL e-liquid volume and claims to have a 600 puff-life.

- 20mg/mL nicotine concentration.

The V1 is done in a classic style of disposable devices. It’s pen-shaped, and not entirely covered in branding or striking graphics, unlike some of other disposables that have recently come out. The outside has a metallic finish. It is very small and very light indeed, making it very pocket-friendly and easy to carry around.

It’s a simple pull and puff type of device without any extra features such as airflow control, rechargeable battery, or refillable pod; it’s as simple as it gets! It comes in a variety of flavours, and Vecee sent me several of them to try:

- Grape

- Cool Mint

- Blueberry Ice

- Peach Ice

- Strawberry Banana

- Pink Lemonade

- Cream Tobacco

- Banana Ice

- Pineapple Ice

- Watermelon Ice

upload_2022-5-2_15-25-30.png

upload_2022-5-2_15-25-45.png

As you can see, the majority of flavours do come with some cooling. Having tried them though, I will say that the cooling is not overwhelming and I could still taste the actual flavour. And speaking of flavours, they do taste nice and spot-on to the flavour profile advertised. The fruit-flavoured ones taste fresh, especially with that touch of cooling. The tobacco is indeed creamy enough to tell that it’s not just ordinary tobacco e-liquid. There are more flavours available in this line and you can find them on Vecee’s website.

One thing I will say is that although this device is silly easy to use, I did notice that in some of the disposable sticks (not all), if I did slow pulls, I can hear the device intermittently engaging, almost as if the auto-draw wasn’t working consistently throughout the whole puff cycle. It doesn’t really affect the quality of the vape and vapour production, but thought this was worth a mention. Something to bear in mind as well is that I was sent sample units- the retails units may not have this issue.

The draw from the V1 is what I would characterise as somewhere between medium to loose MTL. So, if you want a tight draw, I’m afraid that you won’t be able to get that from the V1 disposable especially as it does not have airflow adjustment. The draw temperature is OK (I will always want a warmer draw though) and should be satisfactory to most vapers.

Puff life is always going to be relatively subjective, depending on how one vapes. As for me, I got to perhaps around 400+ puffs before the device ran out of battery. But I do take deep draws and so this is roughly what I expected factoring in 2mL of e-liquid plus the draw warmth the device gives.

Overall, as a smoking cessation device, the V1 is a good option due its simplicity and decent flavours.

Vecee V4

upload_2022-5-2_15-26-4.png

Quick specs:

- 23 x 23 x 120 mm. It’s significantly bigger than the V1!

- 600 mAh battery.

- Made from plastic and a rubber-like coating on the outside.

- Has a vertical mesh coil (resistance unknown).

- 10mL e-liquid volume and claims to have a 3500 puff-life.

- Has a USB-C port at the bottom for recharging.

- 50mg/mL nicotine concentration.

- Has a RGB light around the bottom.

The V4 is chunkier and heavier than its little brother, the V1, and rightly so as it boasts of an increased battery and e-liquid capacity, plus the additional feature of being able to recharge the device.

Still, it’s in a familiar pen-style form factor and the rubberised texture coating the device makes it very comfortable to handle and use. It is also draw-activated, and with the RBG lights that is just for aesthetics, it remains a very simple device to use.

Branding around the device is done plainly which is absolutely fine by me. However, with it not having airflow adjustment, I do feel that Vecee missed a trick a little bit here as that would have taken the V4 to another level. Saying that though, the draw from the V4 is tighter than the V1; it’s in between tight to medium MTL which suits me perfectly and is impressive for a device with mesh coils.

As for the draw, it’s fine but I did wish that it was warmer especially as the device was rechargeable. Given the temperature of draw though, I am tempted to think that the coil resistance must be somewhere around 1.5 ohms based on my experience (Vecee, am I getting “warmer” to the actual value? Pardon the pun! ).

It is available in several flavours, of which I was sent:

- Peachberry Gummy Bear

- Sour Apple Ice

- Pina Colada

- Cool Mint

- Banana Ice

upload_2022-5-2_15-26-18.png

As with the V1, the majority of flavours come with ice and it is noticeable but not overwhelming. It’s just enough to leave you with a fresh feeling after using the device.

Unlike the V1, I did not have any auto-draw issues or observations with the V4. It worked like a charm every time!

The RGB lights are a nice feature – they’re pretty to look at - but I do wonder how appealing it will be in the long run, since I know some people that use disposables for “stealth vaping”. Obviously, blinking lights are not exactly stealthy…

upload_2022-5-2_15-26-47.png

upload_2022-5-2_15-27-22.png

upload_2022-5-2_15-27-38.png

About the puff life, the device is lasting me a decent amount of time. At the time of this review and after having used one flavour consistently for 2 weeks, I still haven’t run down all the e-liquid in the device. That is also good news in terms of the coil inside, as this means it can seemingly handle all the e-liquid without burning prematurely. Remember that with disposables, a device is ready to be disposed of (responsibly!) when the battery or e-liquid runs out, or when the taste changes which signals the coil nearing the end of its life.

As for recharging, the charge time is relatively decent, taking over an hour to charge from low battery in my testing.

Final Thoughts:

The V1 and V4 disposables from Vecee were a joy to use. I can see their place in the market as someone’s very first smoking cessation tool via vaping, owing to their simplicity of use and design. The flavours are spot-on which make them enjoyable to vape.

As a last note from me: please, please, please dispose of vaping devices responsibly! If not possible to do so on your own, do check with your local vape shop as I am sure they will be happy to advise you on it or even recycle them for you. Most vapers are ex-smokers, and the majority of us continue to advocate for vaping as a way to quit smoking for good. Used disposable vapes littering our streets does not help the image of vaping at all, and that in turn endangers the availability of vaping for more smokers. More litter = bad image/public perception = stricter regulations = limited availability or at worst, vape bans! So let us all vape responsibly.

My sincerest thanks again to Vecee for allowing me to review these products!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread