What would you do about this frustration with a vendor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBen2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
MA, USA
My b and m carries only 24/36mg nic for 1.25 per ml.
Ouch!

My B&M carries 0, 6, 12, and higher I'm sure, for about 0.80$ per mL. They have simple flavors, and they're a bit pricier than my favorite Halo fancy juices, but it's a refreshing change. They just setup a taste tester stand, and may be opening a vaping bar next month. Staff is really friendly.

They also have all kinds of weird glassware, no idea what they're for ;)

Last edited:

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
Guess it's cheaper up in the bay area. I find the B&M's in So Cal way higher. I can't see paying $8.95 plus tax for a cheapy clearo when I know I can get two or more for the same price online.

For the OP, I'd just let it go and not order from them again. There's too many vendors that offer great customer service. Maybe your order was accidentally overlooked but an explanation and apology would have gone a long way. I won't deal with vendors that can't type a sentence in an email when I'm inquiring about orders.

This might be a little off topic and it will probably make some of the vendors here mad, but I'll say it anyway.
I don't know about other areas, but here in the SF Bay Area there are so many smoke shops and head shops that sell ecigs and juice, that don't think I'll be doing much mail order stuff anymore. The prices that you get in the store are very close to what you would pay for anything online once you add shipping. Plus you don't have to die from anticipation waiting for your product to arrive. I don't know about the rest of you, but it would always drive me crazy waiting for stuff. If I buy it, I want it now, not 5 days from now or in the case of ordering from China a week or two.
Just my 2 ¢'s

kushka

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2010
Marietta, GA
Why are you covering the ... of a vendor who is doing you wrong instead of giving your fellow vapers and friends a legitimate heads up?

I agree, too many people on these forums complain about poor service, but are reluctant to name the vendor. Thus vendors that give poor service can get away with it without suffering any loss. I do understand peoples reluctance, when someone does complain about poor service they are often met by fanboy post of how they have used the same vendor often and gotten good service.

But, as consumers we need to here the bad, as well as the good about a vendor, thus we can start to see if it seems that only 5% of a vendor patrons complain of poor service, or if it is getting close to half, and make our judgements accordingly.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
Most vendors are not going to take juice back no matter how much you try - you could open a ticket with them but I am 99% sure they have a clause that states all juice sales are final and no refunds.

Also, some vendors are really small mom and pop type set ups that can take a week to ship out juice. I know of one in particular that states clearly on their website that it may take up to 10 days to have your juice shipped out. They are also horrible about answering emails.

If they set these expectations on their website, I say suck it up, don't order from them again and leave it.

If they didn't, then maybe try to talk to them about the issue by phone, open a ticket with them, send another email - then leave a negative review on this forum in the right section. All that is if you can be bothered.

tnash

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2012
US
Again. thanks for all the replies. Lots of good ideas here. I had no idea it would get these many responses, but they are helpful. Yeah, think I'll just let it go...unless somehow I don't get any juice.
Ok, the vendor is Vapure.
All they had to do is give an apology. I'm sure others have been happy with them, but not this guy.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
I agree, too many people on these forums complain about poor service, but are reluctant to name the vendor. Thus vendors that give poor service can get away with it without suffering any loss. I do understand peoples reluctance, when someone does complain about poor service they are often met by fanboy post of how they have used the same vendor often and gotten good service.

But, as consumers we need to here the bad, as well as the good about a vendor, thus we can start to see if it seems that only 5% of a vendor patrons complain of poor service, or if it is getting close to half, and make our judgements accordingly.

In all fairness there are two sides to every complaint story. And the only place a vendor can reply to a negative complaint on ECF is here: Reviews of Suppliers - Negative

Seeing a bashing binge out of context of a vendor reply never gives you an objective picture. But seeing their replies - or lack of them - in the negative reviews section usually does. In this case I think the OP did the right thing.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Ok, well now that you outed the vendor let's see what there is to see.

First, there's the Deals & Steals info:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/pay-forward-pif/418767-deals-steals-27.html#post10342411

That info was put up by Hairball - not the vendor - most likely from an e-mail subscription. And it was put up there on August 9th. The sale ended August 9th. So it appears you ordered on the last day of a "huge eLiquid sale" covering their entire liquids line at 50% off.

It says right there on their sight that liquid "Usually ships within 2-3 business days". Not usually would be when any place holds a 50% off sale. More not usually is when not only do the e-mail subscribers know about the sale, but through the generosity of the Steals & Deals forum people who don't subscribe to that vendor's e-mail list know about it too. Extra not usually would be placing your order on the last day of a 50% off sale - order are processed first in first out, last in last out.

So four days beyond their normal stated shipping policy, ordering from a half off sale, and ordering on the last day of the sale, you decide you don't like it. The response to your complaint to Vapure was to expedite your order. Technically true - not what you asked for on the ticket. But also technically true - you placed an order so you did want it seven days before you filed the complaint. And also true - they were only four days out of bounds of their stated shipping policy when you filed the ticket and they completed your order.

You could have also checked for negative reviews before or after you placed your order. I did - and found only three. Two in 2011 and the last one was over 15 months ago.

So yeah, I do think a slam was a bit off the mark on this one.

Last edited:

LeoRex

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
United States
That's exactly why I am not ready to order anything from US vendors yet.

Why? Because one person had an issue with one unnamed vendor? I've ordered plenty from a few different domestic vendors, juice and gear, and I have nothing but great things to say... good service, quick shipping... and quick turnaround

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
Well, I would not have canceled that quickly, but if I did cancel an order I didn't receive in a timely manner, to my way of thinking, and it shipped after I canceled, I'd expect a refund, and if I did receive the order, it's mine to keep. I canceled prior to shipping, so, it would be up to the vendor not to ship that order, if they did, that's their mistake. Sam as if I get something I did not order at all - it's mine, they sent it even though I didn't order it and, I'm not paying for it. And that goes for anything, not just vape supplies.

Jo Patterson

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
Reno, Nevada
I ordered juice from a vendor which shall be unnamed. 7 days after receiving a confirmation I still did not receive the juice, nor any info that it had been shipped. I contacted them last night, Fri night, telling them to cancel the order and received a ticket number. Two hours later I receive an email saying that my juice was just shipped. So they are shipping it even though I cancelled it.Bet they got my complaint and cancelation notice and rushed it out. In your opinion, what should I do? By the way, in their email there was no explanation, apology, etc.
Should I just let it go, or what. Guess there is nothing I can do, but don't like the whole thing.:unsure:

Refuse the shipment when it arrives - DO NOT OPEN IT - if it is delivered while you are out - if you can notify the carrier to return it - do so - but at the very least - if it does get delivered, take it immediately back to the carrier and refuse it. If you don't open it, and return it immediately, they have to give you a refund. IF you open it, it's yours and you have to pay for it.

Notify the company that you will be refusing the shipment because you had cancelled it and they had no right to send it - and get an RMA # to write on the enevelope next to the refused if you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread