Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
I agree, drip tips can make a world of difference! I will have to order some more and see how they feel. I remember seeing some tanks that had drip tips that had their personal air flow control. Has anyone tried any of these? I wonder how they would work with a tabnk's airflow closed all the way but a drip tip that had some airflow. I think my main issue is just getting the right tightness of draw without the harsh scratchy wispy hot hit.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
You know this thread reinforces what we all really know - everyone has their own idea of Nirvana. Me I'm looking for a wide open draw with a fair amount of vapour/smoke or call it what you will and a cool vape - I've found my way and would never try to impose it on others - on the pipe forums we used to say - "Smoke what you like; like what you smoke" Substitute "vape" for "Smoke" and you have cracked it. Experiment, find what You like and the world is indeed your oyster - but you will have to experiment til you find your own way.

Enjoy the journey however!

Reactions: 52anddone

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
The Subtank Mini with the 1.5 vertical coil and the sir shut down mostly and use a regular driptip not the wide one that comes with it.
You can get a good MTL that way.

You might be able to, but I never have. If I cut the airflow down to a reasonable level, the flavor is so weak it's not worth wasting juice.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
You might be able to, but I never have. If I cut the airflow down to a reasonable level, the flavor is so weak it's not worth wasting juice.
If you use the .5 coil that is true. However if you use the 1.2 or 1.5 or 1.8 vertical coils or wind a 28/26 ga 1 ohm coil for the RBA at around 13-14 wats it's is entirely a different matter.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
I'm getting an amazing MTL with the subtank nano with a narrow bore drip tip using the .5ohm coils and largest air flow, believe it or not from 25-30W using 50Vg/50PG. Imagine a Nautilus on steroids and it is basically just that. I'll never bother with the higher ohm coils again now I've got the .5 ohm coils working as MTL, don't see the point as I can use PG heavy liquids in my Nautilus. If subtank was my only tank, then yeah I'd use the 1.2ohm coils for PG liquids with a narrow drip tip. But for 50/50 or above I want the massive wick holes the .5ohm coils have, they just work so well and handle everything.

DPLongo22

"Vert De Ferk"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Cerotank V2 is another awesome option. It has adjustable airflow and takes either Kanger or Aspire BDC/BBC coils. It's the only tank my wife uses anymore. Check it out

This has become one of my favorite tanks. They're very well built and I happen to like the (smaller) Aspire BVC coils a lot.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
I'm looking for MTL with easy rba options. There's the subtank, of course. Ego One CLR's have gotten good reviews on flavor, dunno about actually building them. Same with Triton, Uwell .... others? I've heard Eleaf GS coils were easy to rebuild. I've never done it, but I'd like to be more future proof and Aspire coils are expensive!

The main reason the Cerovape isn't more widely known is because it's a pita to get. Someone could probably do a decent business just in those if they are that good. Ebay is time consuming. 'Course I could stick to looking for and just getting the one item I am in there for, but naw...what's the fun in that?

DPLongo22

"Vert De Ferk"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I'm looking for MTL with easy rba options. There's the subtank, of course. Ego One CLR's have gotten good reviews on flavor, dunno about actually building them. Same with Triton, Uwell .... others? I've heard Eleaf GS coils were easy to rebuild. I've never done it, but I'd like to be more future proof and Aspire coils are expensive!

The main reason the Cerovape isn't more widely known is because it's a pita to get. Someone could probably do a decent business just in those if they are that good. Ebay is time consuming. 'Course I could stick to looking for and just getting the one item I am in there for, but naw...what's the fun in that?

Agreed. I was VERY hesitant at first, but got lucky because the seller turned out to be top notch. He even replaced something that I didn't request replacement for. It just showed up one day.

So I did what any rational vaper would do. I bought some more. :D

yes i have both.
clone is working better . and all 510 drip tips fit.

Thanks.

I haven't had problems with any of my tips, but I know someone who has. Build quality appears to be similar?

was easier to get apart and put together the hoh one.
there are both good but for $20 you can't go wrong with fastech clone
comes with 2 o rings and 2 510 pins.

Not bad.

fast12345

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2009
Agreed. I was VERY hesitant at first, but got lucky because the seller turned out to be top notch. He even replaced something that I didn't request replacement for. It just showed up one day.

So I did what any rational vaper would do. I bought some more. :D

Thanks.

I haven't had problems with any of my tips, but I know someone who has. Build quality appears to be similar?

Not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread