Status
Not open for further replies.

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
I always see you reference your Commodore 64, have you considered upgrading to the 128? I want to but I don't know if my "Jumpman" game will be compatible... ;)
You'll probably have to upgrade to the Apple II or IIc. It might run a little slow in anything else! :)

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Mine ruptured.....cause I lit a cigarette.

Mine seems to be still very tiny, as determined when they did the abdom cat scan for the appendix, but it apparently sits atop a nerve, and every once in a while, it feels like a sudden flash of lightening down low on my right side -- pain so fast I don't even have time to holler before it's gone -- but it's enough to signal my blood pressure, already low, to crash and lay me on the floor. This is all the more reason I'm more glad than I can express to be rid of my appendix, since everytime that happened, hypochondriac me was certain it must be my appendix -- which is kinda funny, considering that now I KNOW how godawful it hurts when it really IS your appendix -- and that pain wasn't anywhere near the lower-right abdominal! :lol:

Andria

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
I remember those quick lightening strikes of pain. I never knew what it was though, I'm the type that doesn't go to the doc unless I have to. When it ruptured I knew something was really wrong but again didn't know what it could be. I'd never had pain bring me to my knees like that so off to the ER I went. Interesting little tidbit about ruptured ovarian cysts is that vomiting is one of the symptoms, I didn't know about that and unfortunately got to experience it. Had an MRI done while at the hospital and the results showed something else that I didn't know I had but had been having symptoms of for years. Pelvic Congestion Syndrome. So I got to experience a ruptured ovarian cyst and at the same time received a diagnosis that led to treatment for something that had caused chronic pain for years and am now pain free. Not how I would have planned it to go but I guess I'll take it lol!

Reactions: AndriaD

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Check out this thread coming straight outta Prue Talbot's lab at UCR. What game do you think they're playing here? have you seen these research?

Thank you, SJ, for catching that rat. Yes, I'm very familiar with Prue's "research." And the fact that her "findings" are constantly being quoted by ANTZ as gospel, most recently in one of the NYT's anti-vaping articles... :evil:

Her game is to justify her title of a researcher (and her salary) by publishing a scientific paper--any paper, even an "Internet-based study" (I believe this was the official description of her magnum opus :facepalm:). Since she's obviously not capable of doing any real research, this is the best she can do.

No shame...

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    My case of rectal-glaucoma seems to have become much worse. :lol:
    This is what I intended to put in my first post: , I just can't see my .... buying cigarettes anymore.. between the period and the smiley.

DrMA

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 26, 2013
    Seattle area
    Research this Pruebot -> Vaping activists will be the undoing of the entire Tobacco ConTrol racket. We will degrade and eventually destroy the vast criminal network you've built in the past 40 years and will undo every discriminatory anti-smoker regulation you've pushed thru. We will not stop until your deranged cult is abolished and every member prosecuted for crimes against humanity. Your name and that of every UCSF smoker-hater clown tops the indictment.

Dear [HASHTAG]#vaping[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#PublicHealth[/HASHTAG] advocates - now is the time to abolish TC so that harmless and effective vaping may save 1.3 billion lives. There's no other way:

CMhVTTwXAAA5Pia.jpg

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    Research this Pruebot -> Vaping activists will be the undoing of the entire Tobacco ConTrol racket. We will degrade and eventually destroy the vast criminal network you've built in the past 40 years and will undo every discriminatory anti-smoker regulation you've pushed thru. We will not stop until your deranged cult is abolished and every member prosecuted for crimes against humanity. Your name and that of every UCSF smoker-hater clown tops the indictment.

Dear [HASHTAG]#vaping[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#PublicHealth[/HASHTAG] advocates - now is the time to abolish TC so that harmless and effective vaping may save 1.3 billion lives. There's no other way:

CMhVTTwXAAA5Pia.jpg

standing-ovation.jpg

BRAVO! BRAVISSIMO!!!!!!

Andria

Jman8

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 15, 2013
    Wisconsin
    Love the gusto of the last few posts. TC / ANTZ need to realize battle lines have been drawn, war is inevitable unless they change their tune. If not, then let the chips fall where they may.

But I am disheartened when I can see some of what I think is same people rolling over on our side. I.E. - public use bans (are okay to some), or not doing flavors is probably best (according to some) and bans to youth are a great place to start (according to majority). If I were on other side, I'd think okay sure some of you all will resists us, but most of you are not that far off from what we advocate for.

Or put another way: resistance is futile, you will be assimilated

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    Love the gusto of the last few posts. TC / ANTZ need to realize battle lines have been drawn, war is inevitable unless they change their tune. If not, then let the chips fall where they may.

But I am disheartened when I can see some of what I think is same people rolling over on our side. I.E. - public use bans (are okay to some), or not doing flavors is probably best (according to some) and bans to youth are a great place to start (according to majority). If I were on other side, I'd think okay sure some of you all will resists us, but most of you are not that far off from what we advocate for.

Totally agree. Just this week, I was asked if I didn't think the 30% flavor I use was dangerous. I pointed out that in order to stay motivated to vape, I have to LOVE my vape -- which would not be true if I could barely taste it -- and with my 85% PG, the taste, without a LOT of flavoring, would be terrible -- and y'know, Walgreens does still sell Virginia Slims. I may not like that taste anymore, but I did once, and I'm sure I could acclimate myself to it again. 30% flavoring beats a pack a daily pk of cigarettes HANDS DOWN, for healthiness. People seem all too eager to martyr themselves.

And I've stated repeatedly that I'm firmly in favor of teens having access to all the vape gear they want -- even with nicotine -- if it can stop them from smoking, or make smoking distasteful to them, that's all to the good, and most of those who'd be interested in vaping, would probably be equally interested in smoking.

The only place I can see any sense in public use bans are movie theaters, for very obvious reasons -- fog is very hard to see through.

Andria

Kent C

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2009
    NW Ohio US
    Totally agree. Just this week, I was asked if I didn't think the 30% flavor I use was dangerous. I pointed out that in order to stay motivated to vape, I have to LOVE my vape -- which would not be true if I could barely taste it -- and with my 85% PG, the taste, without a LOT of flavoring, would be terrible -- and y'know,

That all came from the 'curious** study' by Dr. F then Kurt chiming in on diluting being a 'solution'. I fell for it for about a week or two :- ) It goes back to what I said originally - test your own or trust your vendor. If not, vape no flavors - IF.... that is 'important' to you but don't try to force everyone to follow your preference by enacting some law or regulation.

My main eliquid vendor Decadent Vapours was first to go 'diketone free' and I knew that a while back when Mr. Mann made his first thread listing on the subject, well before Dr. F's study.

(**'curious' in that he didn't name names or actual flavors and generalized 'sweet flavors' - but only in the lot that he tested. That was then 'generalized' by many to include ALL sweet flavors and that simply isn't true. Even flavourart has 'creamy' and 'pastry' flavors (and many 'sweet flavors) that have no diketones or that are not detectable - as I posted in some other thread.... ).

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    That all came from the 'curious** study' by Dr. F then Kurt chiming in on diluting being a 'solution'. I fell for it for about a week or two :- ) It goes back to what I said originally - test your own or trust your vendor. If not, vape no flavors - IF.... that is 'important' to you but don't try to force everyone to follow your preference by enacting some law or regulation.

My main eliquid vendor Decadent Vapours was first to go 'diketone free' and I knew that a while back when Mr. Mann made his first thread listing on the subject, well before Dr. F's study.

(**'curious' in that he didn't name names or actual flavors and generalized 'sweet flavors' - but only in the lot that he tested. That was then 'generalized' by many to include ALL sweet flavors and that simply isn't true. Even flavourart has 'creamy' and 'pastry' flavors (and many 'sweet flavors) that have no diketones or that are not detectable - as I posted in some other thread.... ).

Well, I take reasonable care to exclude flavors that I know for a fact have any kind of diketones -- I figure better safe than sorry about that, since I've never tasted any flavors that I know for a fact have them -- so if I'm missing anything, I don't know about it. But the strawberry flavor I use a great deal of is an organic flavor, and some diketones are naturally occurring... there might be some in there, I just don't know. I know I've tried a couple other flavors, and they tasted NOTHING like real strawberries. so it's a moot point; for the other flavors in the recipe, there are none.

And yeah, I have to deal with the gunking problems associated with intensely flavored and sweet vapes, which is why I'm so delighted with the Achilles -- using an RDA cuts down a great deal on wasted ejuice, because my husband assured me that when the ejuice turns brown, it smells *terrible* -- so I probably shouldn't be vaping that anyway. In a Kayfun, I was wasting a lot, but very little with the Achilles.

This is the great thing about a free and un-unreasonably regulated market -- I can take what precautions I deem necessary and feasible/realistic, while accepting whatever hopefully-slim risk may remain, knowing that I am avoiding a GREAT DEAL of KNOWN risk from cigarettes.

Andria

DrMA

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 26, 2013
    Seattle area

Even if TC change their tune (see PHE UK) are we really expected to fall for that expired trick? They'll turn around and throw us under the first bus as soon as they have enough control.

In addition, are we really expected to forgive & forget decades of bullying, demonization, hatespeech, and theft (think sin tax)? These fundamentalists lied to us to deprive us of our freedom, dignity, hard-earned cash, our very lives. They turned us into 3rd class citizens, barely recognized as human, pushed & shoved into ever more remote corners, all the while filling our heads with vile drivel about "for our own good." Oh and let's not forget the genocidal lies about harm reduction.

NO! This must stop. Now! And the heinous clowns responsible for these atrocities must be punished. Swiftly & severely. We don't negotiate with terrorists. There can be no reconciliation!

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    Even if TC change their tune (see PHE UK) are we really expected to fall for that expired trick? They'll turn around and throw us under the first bus as soon as they have enough control.

In addition, are we really expected to forgive & forget decades of bullying, demonization, hatespeech, and theft (think sin tax)? These fundamentalists lied to us to deprive us of our freedom, dignity, hard-earned cash, our very lives. They turned us into 3rd class citizens, barely recognized as human, pushed & shoved into ever more remote corners, all the while filling our heads with vile drivel about "for our own good." Oh and let's not forget the genocidal lies about harm reduction.

NO! This must stop. Now! And the heinous clowns responsible for these atrocities must be punished. Swiftly & severely. We don't negotiate with terrorists. There can be no reconciliation!

I want to be on your bus, so I can strike a blow against the fascist nannies too. :thumb: Who's in charge of ammo? I'll need some buckshot. :D

Andria

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread