3rd time vaping, question about batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
Hi friends,

Hoping you could help with battery safety. This is the first time I will be using something without built in batteries.

Some background: I've tried vaping twice before (#1 Ego Twists with T2/T3, #2 MVP with Vivi Nova & Protank 3). With the new advances i'm really enjoying it now and I really think it will stick since I find vaping more satisfying than smoking.

I recently ordered a Sigelei 150 W and I have some questions about the batteries I bought at a B&M. I will be using 2x eFest IMR 2500mah 20A continuous 18650 batteries. My understanding is that these are reskinned LG HE2s.

My questions:
  1. I don't need to worry about overexerting my batteries because the Sigelei has built in features that help with that, right?
  2. IF the Sigelei 150W didn't have those features, I could vape up to the 150W on a 0.5 ohm coil and not worry about battery exertion?
  3. On a 0.3 ohm coil, that safety zone upper limit would be around 110-115W, right?
Any help you guys can give would be appreciated!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'm pretty sure that Sigelei recommends using 30 amp batteries for the 150 watt, especially if you think you may actually use high wattage. For a list of high drain batteries with their amp specifications click on the below link:

Be aware that Efest does not manufacturer their own batteries, but re-wraps the cells by other manufacturers, and then often over-rates the specs of those cells. There are more reputable brands than Efest. To be honest, I don't know which cell Efest uses in the advertised 2600mah battery 20 amp battery.

Last edited:
Reactions: Susan~S

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
I'm pretty sure that Sigelei recommends using 30 amp batteries for the 150 watt, especially if you think you may actually use high wattage. For a list of high drain batteries with their amp specifications click on the below link:

Battery Basics for Mods

Thanks for replying.

I'm going to be using a 0.3-0.5 Atlantis V2 and 0.5-1.5 Subtank Mini. I got these batteries at a B&M because I don't think i'll need to go anywhere near 100 or 150W, more likely topping out at 40-50W. I just wanted to have the option to upgrade batteries if I ever get into super low ohm rebuildables - learning about battery safety in anticipation.

I took a look at the list last night, it looks great and informative. Just trying to gauge my understanding of battery safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread